1169 replies to this topic

#441 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:43 PM

I better hear you guys in section 114 all night, or I am going to be upset! :)

Walkover to 107?

#442 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

Well, I have an email that gets me in the building with the red horn with a devils logo on it. But I honestly wouldn't suggest you bring one, because a lot of people find it annoying, and I only bring it to do the LGD and KILL chants, not to just blow randomly. I'm not trying to be selfish or anything, but if people just start showing up with them they're gonna get banned just like before.

Btw, the Trenton Devils actually sell them in the arena, if you wanna just blow one loudly go catch a game there, I've been twice this year.

Not looking to be obnoxious with it obviously, just for the chants and such. But if it's gonna be too much of a hassle I'm not gonna bother.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#443 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

Not looking to be obnoxious with it obviously, just for the chants and such. But if it's gonna be too much of a hassle I'm not gonna bother.

It's up to you, generally there's only been one, sometimes two people with a horn up in the 208 corner, I'm just not looking for this thing to go overboard with annoying noisemakers. I'm still concerned they won't even let a horn in because the viking people were selling them at the game (to their own members) apparently...can anyone confirm or deny that they had a ton of them?

#444 dhwgss

dhwgss

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

They were giving out helmets with horns, but those are different horns.

#445 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

I got new chant sheets printed out for Sundays game. A lot of the things are pretty easy to know and there aren't really any songs.

We don't have to chant/yell the entire 60mins of the game but we will be trying to get as many people in the arena involved with the chants as possible.

I'm also a Red Bulls fan and I go in the supporters section there when I go to games but I also realize the differences between the two sports and our fans. My goal is to get the entire building louder by doing stuff that everyone in the whole arena can easily follow along to if they want to.

Here is the sheet that I made up and will be handing out at Sundays game. There are some other chants that will also be started that are easy to follow but I can only fit so much on a page.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION CHANT LIST

Opening with Lets Go Devils chant – we plan on doing a lot of this tonight

I believe - Call/Answer – done some point during the 1st– Just repeat what the people doing the calls say
I
I BELIEVE
I BELIEVE THAT
I BELIEVE THAT WE
(Pause, altogether now)
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN! (jump up and down, repeat several times) also can be changed to I believe we have won if we are leading by a lot towards the end of the game)

After Hey! Song following Devils goal (let section208 lead this)
Say Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, woooooo! (Repeat 2-3 times) done to the tune of the Rolling Stones Brown Sugar

After the Player who scored the goals name is announced by the PA guy
For example…When the PA guy says scored by Patrickkkkkkk - we all yell out Eliasssssss

After the above:
(name of player scored) (clap) (clap) (clap)

After an opposing teams goal:
No big deal! (clap) (clap) (clap)(clap)(clap) (LGD chant rhythm)
OR (after player name is announced by the PA): Who Cares!

During Devils Penalty Kill – we are going to follow 208 for this as well (horn) KILL! (horn) KILL! (horn) KILL (repeat during penalty kill)

During Devils Power Play – (horn) ATTACK! (horn) ATTACK! (horn) ATTACK! -same tune as the Kill chant

Nice save – Marty – Marty! *clap clap* Marty! *clap clap* Marty! *clap clap* Moose – Moooooseeeeeeeee!

Near end of game, if Devils are winning (call/answer) – just follow the people doing the calls
IS THAT NOT A SCOREBOARD?
YES THAT IS A SCOREBOARD
IS THAT NOT THE NUMBER _?
YES THAT IS THE NUMBER _
IS THAT NOT THE NUMBER _?
YES THAT IS THE NUMBER _
IS THAT NOT THE WINNING TEAM?
YES THAT IS THE WINNING TEAM
IS THAT NOT THE LOSING TEAM?
YES THAT IS THE LOSING TEAM
(pause, altogether now, pointing at respective benches)
WINNING TEAM! LOSING TEAM! WINNING TEAM! LOSING TEAM!
*There are a few other chants that are easy to follow that we couldn’t fit on this page. Just listen for them. If you have a chant idea just try it and it if’s good it will be done by everyone. This list is not a strict guideline it’s just to help us be a bit organized.
PLEASE REMEMBER THERE ARE NO ORGANIZED CURSING CHANTS ALLOWED
LET’S BE LOUD AND HAVE FUN AND MOST IMPORTANTLY LETS GO DEVILS!!!
Follow us on facebook by searching for New Jersey Devils Supporters Section and click the Like Button. Follow us there to find out when our next game is going to be.

#446 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of the drum either, it sounded too loud all the way from the other side of the arena in 208. Then again pretty much everything annoyed me last night (including some lady blabbering and crying hysterically on the bus ride back to Broad Street) since I had a headache and fever :P

At least the section was well placed with all the Flyers fans two sections over. The Viking helmets are cool but I still don't know what they were for really.

I'll be in section 3 Sunday if I'm not sick enough to go (got the ticket practically for free) so I should be able to hear you guys.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 07 January 2011 - 11:13 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#447 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

They were giving out helmets with horns, but those are different horns.

When I read that they were selling horns (from their facebook page), I assumed the noisemaker...maybe they meant the helmets. The point of the helmets was to go with the whole viking theme.

I appreciate their support and energy for the devils, but I can't help but think it was just a publicity stunt for the red bulls, since most people wore red bulls gear, and they brought their own mascot, and the guy in the video on the devils website said he encouraged all devils fans to come to red bulls games. There's nothing wrong with this, (why the hell would I object to someone helping the franchise generate revenue?) I just prefer that the intention is clear.

I hate sitting in a quiet arena, so anything to generate some pro-devils noise is fine by me.

#448 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

After Hey! Song following Devils goal (let section208 lead this)
Say Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, woooooo! (Repeat 2-3 times) done to the tune of the Rolling Stones Brown Sugar

All I thought about was Billy Idol when I read that. Wish we had that Idol song as an intro song now, way better than whatever they call what they have now.

#449 dhwgss

dhwgss

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

We actually missed out on the opportunity to recruit people to come support the Red Bulls with us because people were approaching us asking what it's like and how they can find out how to go with us. I had no materials to give them and I wish I had some. Viking Army is a really small but fast growing club though and I'm sure they were surprised to get the publicity. They're also the only club who came out using their name officially backing the Devils.

#450 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:17 AM

All I thought about was Billy Idol when I read that. Wish we had that Idol song as an intro song now, way better than whatever they call what they have now.

I believe it's a rolling stones song:

Around the 3 minute mark.

#451 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:04 AM

This also isn't on the sheet but I want to get on the opposing teams goalie when he lets in a goal and we have the lead.

Almost every other arena has been doing it to our goalies this season and we should give it right back to their goalies.

So we should be doing Dwaynneeeeeee, Dwaynneeeeee or Ellissssss,Elllllisssss chants if we have the lead.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 08 January 2011 - 01:06 AM.

#452 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:45 AM

I think you guys should get some Parise chants going if he is in the arena.

We have the remainder of the season to show him that the fans want him here for a long time. Make it clear to management that the fans want Zach as a devil for a long time.

Also i know it would cheer me up to get some love having sat through the whole season having to watch my team getting hammered.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#453 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

We have the remainder of the season to show him that the fans want him here for a long time. Make it clear to management that the fans want Zach as a devil for a long time.

Also i know it would cheer me up to get some love having sat through the whole season having to watch my team getting hammered.

This, let him know that he means a lot to devils fans, more so than Kovy. Also again, Marty chants when he makes a nice save. Get his confidence back up.
Posted Image

#454 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:56 AM

This, let him know that he means a lot to devils fans, more so than Kovy. Also again, Marty chants when he makes a nice save. Get his confidence back up.

Not to be a dick, but he does not mean more than Kovy to me. He's not even playing, and how will we even know if he's there or not? He shouldn't need any damn motivation to come back.

#455 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

Not to be a dick, but he does not mean more than Kovy to me. He's not even playing, and how will we even know if he's there or not? He shouldn't need any damn motivation to come back.

Hey, everyone has own opinion...He sits in one of the box seats. I don't know the section.
Posted Image

#456 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

I like Parise, but I put my faith in Kovalchuk in the next decade. I would love for Parise to come for the ride, but he's done terrible in the post season and showed no signs of resigning. Until then, I can't completely jump on his wagon.

#457 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hey All,
I have season tix in row 1 of 106 on the end by 107. I can't go to the game Sunday due to family obligations. If anyone is looking for tix to this game in this supporter area and wants row 1 seats, PM me! I'm looking for $80 for the pair to not lose money or B/O. I can email tix to you or you can get them from me tomorrow if you happen to be going to the Flyers game since i'm going.
Bill

Hey all, these 2 tix in 106 are still available for those looking to join the supporters group!

#458 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

I like Parise, but I put my faith in Kovalchuk in the next decade. I would love for Parise to come for the ride, but he's done terrible in the post season and showed no signs of resigning. Until then, I can't completely jump on his wagon.

He has said repeatedly that he would be open to talk contract but that the Devils have yet to approach him.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#459 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

Add two more for section 106! Me and my friend are going

believe-zubrus.jpg

#460 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:08 AM

This is a really good idea. Show some love!!

I think players and Stevens and the like have been seen sitting in a club between the Goal bar and the Fire bar (Might have been above Fire). Just a potential clue there as a first place to look. You could ask Doc or Dano or somebody if they know if he's there too.

I'd REALLY like to see the classy "You Suck" after a goal go away in favor of a much more classy two syllable "players name" ie ELI-AS or KOVAL-CHUK or BRO-DEUR :giggle: of the player who scored for us. I think the guys will dig it. :koolaid:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users