1169 replies to this topic

#461 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

Well, the name thing won't happen, 10,000+ say you suck, and 200 would be saying something else (I prefer you suck anyway) but everyone is entitled to their opinion. With this said, a bunch of people are meeting from the forums and facebook at Port 44 around 230 and walking over to the rock at 4pm, if anyone is interested.

I just got another ticket for someone else, there's still some time to sell out the remaining tickets.

#462 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,177 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:19 PM

You have until 3pm to buy tickets through the link!
Today at 5pm vs Tampa Bay for 20 bucks!
http://devils.nhl.com/supporters
Use special offer code: devils
Be ready to chant, stand, be loud and wear red!

#463 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

You have until 3pm to buy tickets through the link!
Today at 5pm vs Tampa Bay for 20 bucks!
http://devils.nhl.com/supporters
Use special offer code: devils
Be ready to chant, stand, be loud and wear red!

i look forward to hearing all of you tonight on TV, been sick for almost the entire week so i will not be making the trip out.

lets go devils!

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#464 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Take some pics/videos guys I can't make the game today.

#465 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

29 seats left it looks like.

#466 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

Sadly we got some bad apple among us tonight.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#467 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

Sadly we got some bad apple among us tonight.

For thos of us who couldn't make it, give us the rundown of how it's going?

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#468 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

Well, the name thing won't happen, 10,000+ say you suck, and 200 would be saying something else (I prefer you suck anyway) but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yer probably right, I know people like the you suck thing. I just think it is asinine chanting you suck at a goalie/team that is potentially beating us by several goals and has just given up 1. Especially when we are in the sump, in the basement.

& I think it could catch on if the Big Board put up the name thing.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#469 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

im not really hearing you guys tonight...i think i heard you in the beginning but that was it.
Posted Image

#470 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

I think the mics are just in a bad spot to hear the section on TV, though I do hear you in spurts. My friend is sitting in the lower bowl and says she can hear you guys chanting and singing.
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#471 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

i heard the marty chant....awesome.
Posted Image

#472 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

Yer probably right, I know people like the you suck thing. I just think it is asinine chanting you suck at a goalie/team that is potentially beating us by several goals and has just given up 1. Especially when we are in the sump, in the basement.

& I think it could catch on if the Big Board put up the name thing.

Dude I think your idea is awesome, I think it's worth mentioning it to the gameday operations department or production people or whoever is in charge of that stuff.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#473 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

I heard you guys quite a bit in spurts during the game. I'm just getting over the flu I wouldnt have been much fun but I was with you guys in spirit. The supporters section would be unique like in soccer. The Devils really should take it under advisement. Let me know if we decide to do it again.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#474 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

The supporters were great tonight! I was in the Fire Lounge, I could hear them all game. They got other parts of the arena to join in on "Let's Go Devils!" often, and when they started a "Marty!" chant, it spread like wildfire. Great job, guys! Hopefully there'll be a supporters game in March when I'm home for Spring Break

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#475 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

For thos of us who couldn't make it, give us the rundown of how it's going?

Mostly of the loud mouths had concentrate on the last row on 106.
But on row 12 of 106 there was Jets fan fully dressed as Jet fans, sometime during the beginning of the first period he started chanting "Let's Go JETS" during the "Let's Go Devils" chant, at that time everybody took as a joke and there was even some " Let's Go Giants" LOL

Problem is sometime past the 10th minute of the first period the guy start chanting " Kovalchuck sucks" during the "Lest' Go Devils" It was killing the chant so, some people on the last Row very polite I should say, step -up and said a couple of times: "Hey man don't that " "Don't do that" but he didn't want to listening, so some of the guys in the back ste up once again this time were more serious like " Hey man shut-up " " Ass-hole shut the f**k up", and that lit the powder for the JETS fan he did not shut up until the end of the first period...

Even when the guys on teh last row had gave up arguing with him, he was still going saying that he was better than the rest because he was a seasson ticket holder, he didn't fear getting eject because he knew every security guard on the Rock. He even threatning us saying would get all of US arrest ( still figuring out how he would do that LOL)

And since he was being such a A55 Hole with all the bitching he sucede in disrupting some of the chants we were trying to put out.

He did return for the 2º period but only after the 10th minute, don't know if some voucher or security talked with him, but he was way quieter compare to the end of the first.

But besides that was smooth sailing all along.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#476 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

huge success, thanks joe!

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#477 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

The cheers of "Marty, Marty" were frequent during the second and third periods.

"I heard," Brodeur said. "That goes with the way you play. When you play well, you get these accolades. It's always nice to get the support from the people coming to the games."

Mission Accomplished...good job guys
Posted Image

#478 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Was at the game.
Great job all!

#479 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

It was such a great game, though I actually had to move from my original seat (good thing the next to last row of 106 was mostly empty). An usher came up to me and said that I was blocking someone's view. I'm disappointed that someone would actually complain about a person who, you know, came to the game as part of the supporters. I decided that it would be pointless to be in my original seat and had to find a temporary spot for the rest of the first period before moving to a spot where people actually stood for the whole game.

Despite the minor issue, it was just so awesome experiencing our first victory as Supporters. I look forward to the next one of course.

#480 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,177 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

A big thank you to everyone who came out and joined us! It was a blast.

Now in reference to something I'm going to talk to the Devils about, there were some people who purchased the tickets who had no idea what the supporters section even was and didn't want to be a part of it yet they purchased the tickets anyway. On the next link I'm going to see if the Devils can put something like "This is a chanting, standing and supporting section so please be aware when purchasing tickets."

Other then that minor issue everyone who knew what was going on and was interested looked to be totally into the game.

It was nice to see the team play well, I'll keep everyone updated about whenever the next game will be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users