1169 replies to this topic

#501 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

I hope you gave all the ushers high fives. We love that.

Of course!

#502 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

Ugh god damm this flu lol. It kills me I couldnt of gone. I am one of the loudest guys you'll see lol. I'm the young guy at the games that gets the D-E-V-I-L-S chant going. At the NYE game I had people in lower bowl going with it they were able to hear me down there; I was sitting middle of 211 and moved to the top of the staircase to do the chant. I can't wait for the next one I am so there!!!

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673, 09 January 2011 - 11:00 PM.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#503 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

I thought the section was awesome tonight, way better than the Viking Army the other day. Loud, but not too loud, supportive all the way through, inclusive, and got everybody at least thinking about cheering, if not cheering. Well done SH! And good to see the Devils recognize it at the beginning of the game!

#504 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

Yeah, I do have to express disappointment towards those that happened to be sitting a fair bit (with most of that disappointment towards the coward that complained to the usher about me standing). I suppose that with a larger group in comparison to the last game, it's probably something that would have to be expected and not everyone would be keen to stand the entire game.

However, the whole 106/107 sections did get real excited when the Devils got back into the game and we stuck around a while longer after the game than the rest of the crowd. Gotta give props to that at least.

#505 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:09 PM

You gotta figure since the last few rows in both sections were standing, if we were in one section it would've looked a lot better, but we were still loud and we tried out some new chants, and I have no doubts we had a positive impact on the crowd and players. It was awesome that NJ Devil came to our section for so long as well.

#506 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

I didn't get a chance to watch the game from my position. But I was in section 17/18 breaking someone. I could hear the marty and LGD chants perfectly. I only noticed about 3-5 rows entirely standing. That was a huge disappointment. I also noticed someone wearing a white jersey? But that was when we were down 2-1. So maybe that's why.
Two things about chants. When you're on the side of the opposing goalie, do lots of taunts towards him. Even before he's scored on.
Another I think would be funny is during a PK, it would take a lot of coordination though. But do the usual defense chant while killing, and if they go for a short handed scoring attempt start chanting offense instead

Totally off topic, but I was in section 18, were you the usher right outside the lounge with the ponytail and beard?

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#507 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

heard you guys multiple times, even the camera migrated to you on TV, wish i was there. i'm doing better, but my sister's sicker than i was.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#508 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

It was nice to be part of the Supporters section again. Unfortunately I only could cheer and clap with the rest of you, since the people in the row behind me weren't part of our section and I didn't want to be a jerk and block their view. If I wasn't with my friend I would have moved. Hopefully next time I'll be in spot where I can stand the whole time since that is a lot more exciting and makes you feel a lot more a part of the section.

Also for as many tickets that were sold, there seemed to be a lot of people that weren't there with the intentions of being a supporter...a lot of people just sitting there doing nothing.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#509 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

It was nice to be part of the Supporters section again. Unfortunately I only could cheer and clap with the rest of you, since the people in the row behind me weren't part of our section and I didn't want to be a jerk and block their view. If I wasn't with my friend I would have moved. Hopefully next time I'll be in spot where I can stand the whole time since that is a lot more exciting and makes you feel a lot more a part of the section.

Also for as many tickets that were sold, there seemed to be a lot of people that weren't there with the intentions of being a supporter...a lot of people just sitting there doing nothing.

Where were your seats?

This is something I'm going to have to work on with the Devils because I'm 99.9% positive that everyone in both sections from rows 9 to 14 bought tickets through the link. Next time the link has to be more clear about whats going on in the section. Either way it's nothing that can't be fixed and worked on for the next game.

#510 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

Lol. I was sitting next to someone in 114 that looked like they were FORCED at gun point to attend the game. They showed signs of life whenever the devils layed a big hit, but nothing for anything else. I hope that kid does not become a serial killer when they group up!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#511 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

Where were your seats?

This is something I'm going to have to work on with the Devils because I'm 99.9% positive that everyone in both sections from rows 9 to 14 bought tickets through the link. Next time the link has to be more clear about whats going on in the section. Either way it's nothing that can't be fixed and worked on for the next game.

I was in 107 row 12 seat 12. I mean it was still a great time, but I would definitely like to be more involved like I was able to the first game by standing with the rest of everyone. It is possible the family behind me had tickets before the supporter section was moved there, so one idea I had was perhaps the ushers could "warn" the people that this is a supporter's section that involves standing and cheering all game, and if they do not wish to participate they could be moved to another section (of equal value) where they can sit and enjoy the game. There are enough empty seats at the games that I'm sure this could done, though I'm not sure if it would be too inconvenient.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#512 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

Im so glad that you guys had a win for this outing ...again all props to Satan .. your baby sir..
I still think you need a name for the supporters for so many reasons ..

who are those guys ,making all that noise? oh that the Devils Sons ..
Doc speaking .. the noise you hear behind me in section xxx is the Devils Own, a group of supporters who are committed to the devils and sow it by cheering all game thru chants and songs ...
pa announcer - remember fans next sat feb xx is a "Minions" night -- where you have chance to purchase tixxs in section xxx and spend your nite among the Minions standing chanting and cheering your Devils on...

Posted Image
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#513 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

Someone on Facebook said they were happy to see the Viking Army back in the stands :doh1:

Why do they get a segment on the team's homepage and we don't?
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#514 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

Totally off topic, but I was in section 18, were you the usher right outside the lounge with the ponytail and beard?

Yes sir. That was my first time at a lounge door. I don't like it there...
Devils.

#515 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

Yes sir. That was my first time at a lounge door. I don't like it there...

Ah, I kept passing by you to get back in the lounge :lol:

I was wearing a white Stevens jersey with a green hoodie

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#516 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

Ah, I kept passing by you to get back in the lounge :lol:

I was wearing a white Stevens jersey with a green hoodie

Sorry buddy, but with what I was doing, id remember you better if you told me what your hand looked like ha. Didn't pay too much attention to anyone coming in, unless I joked with you. Which I usually do
Devils.

#517 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

I was in 107 row 12 seat 12. I mean it was still a great time, but I would definitely like to be more involved like I was able to the first game by standing with the rest of everyone. It is possible the family behind me had tickets before the supporter section was moved there, so one idea I had was perhaps the ushers could "warn" the people that this is a supporter's section that involves standing and cheering all game, and if they do not wish to participate they could be moved to another section (of equal value) where they can sit and enjoy the game. There are enough empty seats at the games that I'm sure this could done, though I'm not sure if it would be too inconvenient.

You were pretty much directly in front of me all game, and I still didn't recognize you. Damn.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#518 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:44 AM

Someone on Facebook said they were happy to see the Viking Army back in the stands :doh1:

Why do they get a segment on the team's homepage and we don't?

That's something that needs to be worked on a bit, I don't really know why they promoted them so much, they even showed that video at the game tonight.

#519 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

You were pretty much directly in front of me all game, and I still didn't recognize you. Damn.

Yeah, I was wearing a winter hat so that probably threw you off a bit haha. I didn't see you otherwise I would've said hi.

#520 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

There aren’t many compelling reasons to attend Devils games these days. The tickets aren’t cheap and the team does not hold out hope of making the playoffs.

But the 16,197 faithful fans who came to the Prudential Center Sunday were rewarded with a rarity.

http://www.nj.com/de...e_third-pe.html

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users