ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

sweet!

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#542 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

The next game is going to be either Friday February 4th vs Florida or Friday February 11th against San Jose. Right now it is looking like it's going to be the Panthers game because the Sharks game doesn't have a lot of tickets available.

I also talked to the Devils about adding something that along the lines of "This is a Supporters Section, please be aware that people will be standing, chanting and being enthusiastic and please be sure to wear red." to the link so that when people click on it they are more aware to what we are doing. They said it shouldn't be too much of a problem to do but I don't have it confirmed yet.

Details to follow later this week.

Nice and look forward to the update later this week. This is the first one where there is a very good chance I can join in.

#543 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

On a related note, and with full knowledge that this will likely never happen in the near future, I was thinking how cool it would be if for one game the Devils sold the last one or two rows of each section to the Devils Supporters. Now that would be a spectacle for the blind to see and the deaf to hear! :evil:

Edited by Biggie B, 11 January 2011 - 01:39 PM.

Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#544 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

On a related note, and with full knowledge that this will likely never happen in the near future, I was thinking how cool it would be if for one game the Devils sold the last one or two rows of each section to the Devils Supporters. Now that would be a spectacle for the blind to see and the deaf to hear! :evil:

aerial assault.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#545 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

Youre in the jungle baby...youre gonna die!! lol

I'm down for the Panthers game!

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#546 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:26 AM

Ow awesome tht the next game is gonna be with a Team with no Stanley Cup. Last year i Remember being in a Sabres game, and some group os Sabres fans, Started a Let's go Sabres chant, that time a old man stand up and started the fallow:

"How many cups does the Sabres have" his section responded with a " Zero, Zero"

So what you guys think of using this chant next game???,maybe not during game play, but on a stopage of play or so???

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#547 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

It actually goes:

"How many cups does Buffalo have? zero! zero!

How many super bowls does Buffalo have? Zero! Zero!

How wide right was that field goal? Zero! Zero!"

Or at least, that's what I've heard.

#548 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:53 AM

It actually goes:

"How many cups does Buffalo have? zero! zero!

How many super bowls does Buffalo have? Zero! Zero!

How wide right was that field goal? Zero! Zero!"

Or at least, that's what I've heard.

yeah you right is " Buffalo" not "Sabres"

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#549 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

http://video.devils....id=745&id=91219

viking army at the rock last thursday

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#550 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

I might be down. Anyone wanna roll in with?

#551 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

last time there was like 15 of us who met up at Port 44 before the game and walked over to the arena together, judging by posts on the facebook and websites the last few days, I think there's a lot of people who plan to make it out to the next game.

#552 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Feb. 4th at 7pm vs Florida is our next game. Section 118 this time.

DO NOT BUY TICKETS IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON PARTICIPATING IN WHAT WE ARE DOING. BE READY TO CHANT, STAND, BE LOUD AND WEAR RED!
http://devils.nhl.com/supporters
Use special offer code: devils

#553 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

Can't make it. :( I need more notice than that to get off from work.

Just as an experiment, I went to buy tickets anyway and got as far as the payment information screen, and there was no notice about the Supporters Section being a standing/singing/chanting section. If this isn't fixed, we may get more people who just want to sit on their hands. :(
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#554 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

Can't make it. :( I need more notice than that to get off from work.

Just as an experiment, I went to buy tickets anyway and got as far as the payment information screen, and there was no notice about the Supporters Section being a standing/singing/chanting section. If this isn't fixed, we may get more people who just want to sit on their hands. :(

I asked them to put something about it there and they said there isn't anything they can do so it's just something we are going to have to deal with.

#555 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

I'll be there with others, 100% sure.

#556 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

I asked them to put something about it there and they said there isn't anything they can do so it's just something we are going to have to deal with.

Oh well, at least we tried.

Maybe next time our group name could be "New Jersey Devils Supporters Section (Standing Only)"? I have no idea how their system works, but maybe that's the one variable in the system where we can at least try to give customers a heads up before they just try to buy discounted tix? Just an idea.
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#557 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

Oh well, at least we tried.

Maybe next time our group name could be "New Jersey Devils Supporters Section (Standing Only)"? I have no idea how their system works, but maybe that's the one variable in the system where we can at least try to give customers a heads up before they just try to buy discounted tix? Just an idea.

Good idea, I just called them to see if they can change under promotional offer where it says "Devils Supporters Section" to "Devils Supporters Chanting and Standing Section".

They said if they can do it they will so we'll see.

#558 NJD_3_Cups

NJD_3_Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

ahhhh sucks I can't go to the next one.

I will be in Montreal that weekend. At least I will be there to see the devils play the habs!
Let the fire in your eyes light the way...

#559 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

I'm pumped up for this one! I'm contemplating either calling a representative or e-mailing one to see if there is a way I can buy a ticket for the last row of the section, that way I won't have the same problem with people sitting behind me. Everytime I go to get tickets on that screen I seem to be getting the middle of the section.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#560 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

We're gonna try and spread the more vocal people out that way the entire section is strong. I say this time, don't sit down. If the people behind you have an issue with it, it's their fault...this section is clearly designated as standing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)