1169 replies to this topic

#701 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

Got my first live look at your group tonight. Great job :thumbsup: My wife even wants us to sit in your section sometime. I told her I'd love to, but we've been bringing our 2-year-old. I'm not sure how he would fit in.

There was one chant in particular that sounded really good, but I couldn't make out the words. It was pretty fast and had a lot of words compared to some of the other chants.

#702 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:55 PM

yea we only need i believe in the beginning and if we are down, no need to start it up spontaneously.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#703 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:58 PM

Some guy in front kept starting it...no biggie but it was probably a little overboard.

PASS SHOOT SCORE is done during the PP

YOU CAN'T DO THAT when the other team takes a penalty

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACKATTACKATTACK randomly

not sure what else has a lot of words

#704 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

That's the last of 'em. Six in total between this page and the last one.

Edited by thelastonealive, 05 February 2011 - 12:04 AM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#705 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

Forza crap was stupid.

#706 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

Some guy in front kept starting it...no biggie but it was probably a little overboard.

PASS SHOOT SCORE is done during the PP

YOU CAN'T DO THAT when the other team takes a penalty

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACKATTACKATTACK randomly

not sure what else has a lot of words

I'm guessing he was referring to the "I believe" chant or the "Forza Devils" chant.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#707 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

There was one chant in particular that sounded really good, but I couldn't make out the words. It was pretty fast and had a lot of words compared to some of the other chants.

I'm guessing he was referring to the "I believe" chant or the "Forza Devils" chant.

Yep, I just found out it was the "I Believe that We Will Win" chant. It sounded great and looked like a lot of fun to do.

#708 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

Yea it was a great time. That's me waving the 07 Rally Towel in the clips. I'm glad the rst of the fans appreciate it. I'm definitely sitting up there every supporters game. The entire balcony area was getting into it little by little. It was cool to see the little kids a few sections over start to pick up our chants.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#709 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

Great job guys! It was nice to see that everyone there was actually there to support the team rather than take advantage of the ticket offer. Really bummed that I couldn't make this one, definitely looks like a big improvement over the 2nd one. Hopefully I can re-join for the 4th one.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#710 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:22 AM

hearing "I believe" makes me really impatient for the red bulls season to start

gallery_47_36_882.png of The Championship Plaza brick my ex-girlfriend got me

#711 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:15 AM

I loved hearing you guys from where i was sitting. sorry i had to bail out when i said i was gonna stay in for the 2nd, (SH has an idea why i had to).

my only gripe has already been addressed a few posts above and hopefully it'll be fixed for the next outing.

otherwise, you brought a ton of energy to an otherwise uninvolved building, other than the late "lets go devils" chant from the lower bowl right before the OT winner.

excellent job. you all should be proud.

the videos already posted are better than mine from center ice, but i'll still see what i have and if its worth uploading.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#712 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,021 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:50 AM

A big thank you to everyone who came out. It definitely seemed like everyone who bought the tickets was there to support the idea and that was exactly what I wanted for this game. I also thought this was our best game of the 3 so far as well. I do agree that we need to limit the I believe chant.

Stay tuned for the when the next game will be, I'll be posting the date when I find out. Thanks again everyone. It has been a blast getting everyone involved in this and the support behind it from everyone has been very awesome to see.

#713 Scoopscj

Scoopscj

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

A big thank you to everyone who came out. It definitely seemed like everyone who bought the tickets was there to support the idea and that was exactly what I wanted for this game. I also thought this was our best game of the 3 so far as well. I do agree that we need to limit the I believe chant.

Stay tuned for the when the next game will be, I'll be posting the date when I find out. Thanks again everyone. It has been a blast getting everyone involved in this and the support behind it from everyone has been very awesome to see.

I had a blast. Thanks for organizing this and creating this thread informing us of this wonderful section. It brought some much needed energy.

Suggstions for chants: I love the I believe chant but I think it should be like this.

I believe
I believe
I believe that we will win
Clap clap clap clap clap
LETS GO DEVILS
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP clap
Let's go Devils
Clap Clap Clap Clap clap
Lets go devils

Something like that. Leaving as it is, is also great too.

I also want to get the rest of the crowd going by doing something like this.

(Whole group) WE SAY LETS GO YOU SAY DEVILS (fast)
(Whole group) WE SAY LETS GO YOU SAY DEVILS (fast)
(Whole group) LETS GO
(rest of the stadium) Devils
(Whole Group) LETS GO
(rest of the stadium) Devils

We can also do more we say chants like when a play.

Overall I had a tremendous time and I never burned more calories at a Devils game before. haha. Fantastic time. I'd do that every game I attend even if I've got tickets elsewhere.

Scoops

#714 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

I did felt that the "I believe" chant was overused. Maybe it should be saved for one or two moments.

Anyway, I'm thinking that our next game (assuming it's a weekend game in March) would most likely be the the 3/12 game against the Islanders. I think a 3/4 game with the Penguins could be possible, but I highly doubt we'll have the Retro Night game.

#715 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

If I could make a minor suggestion, I think it would be cool if after every chant we clap it off, so it doesn't just end abruptly and awkwardly with a handful of people getting caught still doing the chant amidst silence. Like a kind of applause type clapping, no organized beat.

Not a major deal but I think it would make the end of each chant sound better, ending with some clapping to fade it out.

Edited by devilsfan26, 05 February 2011 - 04:03 PM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#716 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

If I could make a minor suggestion, I think it would be cool if after every chant we clap it off, so it doesn't just end abruptly and awkwardly with a handful of people getting caught still doing the chant amidst silence. Like a kind of applause type clapping, no organized beat.

Not a major deal but I think it would make the end of each chant sound better, ending with some clapping to fade it out.

that's usually what we did in college, clapped and whistled to close out most longer chants.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#717 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:04 PM

I do have a bit of a suggestion. How would people feel in wanting to have a group for the Albany Devils game at Atlantic City on February 27th? For one, it's a definite weekend game and on the afternoon. Some people may not be as interested in driving a fair bit of a distance, so it may not be as big of a group.

Maybe if there could be enough interest, we could give that a try. That would ultimately depend on if there's enough ticket availability for that game, since there wouldn't be as much time before the game as the last Supporters game or the next one in March.

#718 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

I'd probably go..I really wanted to do a game in Trenton, but I know that's not going to happen.

#719 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,021 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

March 12th vs the New York Islanders will be our next game. I should have the link tomorrow for everyone.

#720 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

I can't wait!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users