1169 replies to this topic

#761 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

Totally bro I'm not getting on you and I appreciate it. That guy (I forget his name he use to be a goalie) that sits with his wife to the left of you was awesome and so nice. Fans like you are the best because you give other people the chance to go in your stead and you do it on here where you know we are all die-hards and we will cheer and know our sh!t lol.

If you mean vuvuzelas, Ive seen a few people with them at points this season. Usually 1 or 2 at most.

It'd be awesome to get about 50 people with em.

Yea I think ill stop at Spencers here in JC and see if they have em.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#762 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

If you mean vuvuzelas, Ive seen a few people with them at points this season. Usually 1 or 2 at most.

It'd be awesome to get about 50 people with em.

We just use the horn to snyc up the chants. 50 people buzzing those things would not be fun for the ears lol

#763 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

We just use the horn to snyc up the chants. 50 people buzzing those things would not be fun for the ears lol

I say next season we plan a road invasion to MSG or Philly and we all bring vuvuzelas lol

#764 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

I say next season we plan a road invasion to MSG or Philly and we all bring vuvuzelas lol

that would be something else but I think we would all be kicked out by the first tv timeout haha

#765 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

Also just so everyone knows this in advance. I'm hoping Zharkov has a great game tonight so we can start a "our sharks better" chant lol

#766 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

And we'd set a record for most people to be kicked out of an arena, the Guinness World Records would be proud and horrified at the same time (just like most records). :P

#767 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

I have seats in Section 16 but will try to squeeze in up there!
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#768 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

Great win tonight and for the little amount of time we had to get this going I thought we did an ok job. It was hard because we were spread out through more then just 3 sections. I think we did the best we could given that situation.

I expect the game on March 12th against the Islanders to be our best game to date.

Thanks to everyone who came out on such short notice, it's a lot of fun to be a part of all this. I enjoy meeting all of you and I hope to see everyone come out on the 12th.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

#769 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:10 PM

The whole free ticket thing that went on today seemed somewhat botched in that the seats were spread out, some of the people that claimed the tickets were sitting throughout the game. I couldn't stand because of that.

Despite all this, we did our thing as always and we won. I also made sure to high-five some of the people leaving (yes, even the Ranger fan that was sitting in one of the front rows). I then proceeded to wreck my lungs by signing at the Championship Plaza by that rock, therefore [maybe not really] embarrassing myself a bit in the process. It was worth it. I should do that every game I go to. ^_^

#770 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

Kovy on the post game show - "I don't think we got a lot of energy from the start but then the crowd keep us going and we appreciate that, we need their support"

#771 Scoopscj

Scoopscj

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

Wow what a game. I came over in the 2nd period and stood behind the section screaming my head off. I had come with friends so I couldn't leave them for long. I would have asked them to join me but one was in a wheel chair and it would have been difficult. Anyway, great idea, great game and great job getting this together on such short notice.

Love Kovy's comment about the crowd.

Scoops

#772 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:53 AM

Is it me or did Rolston fixate on our sections as he came out as the third star and raised his stick. Looked like we were acknowledged and appreciated. :-)
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#773 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:26 AM

Great time tonight as always. The usher was giving us a bit of a hard time because our seats were in Section 16 but after the game she came up to me and my buddy in the last row and said she will remember our faces and that next time we have a group meeting to inform them so they don't hassle us. Also, thanks to cupcake and njdevil26 for telling the usher what the deal is while she was talking to me! I guess with this being thrown together the day of, they didn't really let the ushers know what was going on. Anyway, can't wait for the next one!

Edited by devilsfan26, 12 February 2011 - 01:27 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#774 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:31 AM

Yes Rolston did point us out. I was in Sec122 with the other vuvuzela. I got told to quit cause people complained in front of us and around. The guys behind us were supporters but that was it. I did however pick the chanting up when you guys in 118 started and then I was the screaming my head off starting them lol.

Great finish to the game and glad to hear Kovys comments and happy to see a packed house.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#775 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,383 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:44 AM

Considering how last minute this was, I'd say it went pretty well. I can't wait for the next one that will have had time to be planned out. This section makes games a lot more fun. I noticed the one usher was being pretty insane about keeping people out but luckily I just talked to another usher who let me "slip by out of his sight". In fairness to her, she probably had no idea what was going on. Props to Rolston for acknowledging us when he skated out after the game!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#776 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

Yes Rolston did point us out. I was in Sec122 with the other vuvuzela. I got told to quit cause people complained in front of us and around. The guys behind us were supporters but that was it. I did however pick the chanting up when you guys in 118 started and then I was the screaming my head off starting them lol.

Great finish to the game and glad to hear Kovys comments and happy to see a packed house.

It really only works if you stand in the main supporters section (this was the first time there was more than one section)...People recognize me from previous games and the facebook page so I don't have a problem with anyone complaining but during a "regular" game it doesn't usually work so well. Also, 50 would be terrible, I'd hate to see them get banned again, and if we go a la world cup style, people will complain (not saying it's right, but I'd bet money on it).

#777 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:42 AM

For future reference, just attach a Zhu Zhu Pet to the vuvuzela and call it a ZhuZhuzela. They wouldn't know the difference. :D

Anyway, I should mention that I'm officially a season ticket holder for next season, so I'm hoping that the Supporters get their own section (hopefully, I picked the right side of the arena should that happen).

Edited by DeevFactor, 12 February 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#778 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:50 AM

Not for nothing but everytime Rolston is announced as a Star he points to that area of the arena. I believe at friends or family as I was told. I've seen Hedberg do the same thing a few times this season including last night.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#779 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

Regardless, all three players pointed and multiple commented on the crowd last night. The presence was felt.

#780 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

Regardless, all three players pointed and multiple commented on the crowd last night. The presence was felt.

It was a good crowd overall. You guys are doing a good thing, but you aren't the only fans in the arena supporting and cheering for the team.

No offense to you or others in your group, but everytime a player mentions the crowd (or coincedentally points in the general direction), please do not jump to conclusions or automatically assume they are recognizing the Supporters.

Edited by SJP20, 12 February 2011 - 10:48 AM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users