1169 replies to this topic

#801 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

Cool story, Ken. You're insight is invaluable, I've no clue how any of us would survive without it. If you have further insight, feel free to PM me, there's no need to get this thread off topic. Thanks!

Awesome! Now run along back to DR.com where you can amuse me further by making snide, jealous elementary school comments about my Devils memorabilia collection :giggle:
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#802 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Awesome! Now run along back to DR.com where you can amuse me further by making snide, jealous elementary school comments about my Devils memorabilia collection :giggle:

Way ahead of you!

#803 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

Way ahead of you!

Figured as much! I love petty haters, the amusement is priceless! See how easy it is to predict you and measure you up? The only thing missing is your bunk bed mate, who i am sure will be arriving after he delivers the Sunday papers. :boogie:

EDIT: BTW, i am amused by the little +/- ratings game you and your brother like to play with my posts. The maturity never ceases to amaze :-)

Edited by SJP20, 13 February 2011 - 01:34 PM.

#804 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

Am I the only one annoyed that this thread about something real that is positive is being turned into a personal complain fest?

Edited by Devils731, 13 February 2011 - 01:27 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#805 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

Am I the only one annoyed that this thread about something real that is positive is being turned into a personal complain fest?

Nope.

I blame Brian Rolston. How dare he acknowledge people in the crowd. Next time skate out and back in without breaking a smile, showboater.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#806 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

I totally agree with you. Hopefully if Ken has any more negativity he can just PM me, like I asked him too.

#807 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

I totally agree with you. Hopefully if Ken has any more negativity he can just PM me, like I asked him too.

LOL, little Miss Innocent ass kisser...he means YOU as well. :rolleyes: I love your act at times i really do.

Discussing anything with you is a complete waste of time unless it agrees with you. You're a kid and i doubt anything i say will matter (or that you'll even listen) because if you are anything like you are on boards, it's a waste in private/in person.

#808 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

LOL, little Miss Innocent ass kisser...he means YOU as well. :rolleyes: I love your act at times i really do.

Discussing anything with you is a complete waste of time unless it agrees with you. You're a kid and i doubt anything i say will matter (or that you'll even listen) because if you are anything like you are on boards, it's a waste in private/in person.

can you please just shut up and let it go i had to read through like 5 pages of your bs and there is nothing relevant at the end of my journey

#809 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

I agree. Why don't you guys create the official pee pee contest thread so everyone else doesn't have to deal with it in positive threads like this one?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#810 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

I agree. Why don't you guys create the official pee pee contest thread so everyone else doesn't have to deal with it in positive threads like this one?

I went ahead and sent Kenny a private message. Let's go ahead and get back on topic in this thread...

I honestly think March 12th will be the best outting for the section yet, since it seems each game more and more people participate, and a Saturday night game is one of the better drawing games (especially against a division rival) that the schedule has to offer.

#811 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

Seriously. I don't think any of these guys have egos. If I was in that section, I might think Rolston or Heddy was acknowledging the fans too. Honest mistake. Big deal.

And for posting quotes from players about the fans...that's what it is all about. This isn't about having an ego but knowing that the players are appreciating what this group set out to do: supporting the team during a tough year and giving them some energy (an actual home ice advantage). The arena seemed loud on TV on Friday and it was awesome. I can't remember a regular season game that loud in years (not including Rangers, Banner raising or Marty record games). Now is it all due to the supporters? Of course not, but you can't deny their energy. Hopefully their energy carries out throughout the building or helps pick up on other energy areas around the building to the point where you won't need to decipher between any sections because the whole stadium is rocking.

I think a few people are just judging this group based on a few groups before them and are ready to pounce on them for no real reason.It's a fvcking cheering section for goodness sake. Everyone is supporting the same team. What is their to fight about?

Edited by devilsrule33, 13 February 2011 - 04:50 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#812 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

can you please just shut up and let it go i had to read through like 5 pages of your bs and there is nothing relevant at the end of my journey

Ah, now you find the time to respond to me. Too bad you didn't have the common courtesy to return emails or reply (even when called out) in Marketplace when i sent you pics of an item and you dissapeared. Pick your battles a little better.

#813 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

Ah, now you find the time to respond to me. Too bad you didn't have the common courtesy to return emails or reply (even when called out) in Marketplace when i sent you pics of an item and you dissapeared. Pick your battles a little better.

do you have a personal issue with everyone on this board? take it somewhere else. are the supporters a little full of themselves? sure they are. still, it's been a huge positive for the team and season where there hasn't been much. but we upset the forum dad so he's going to set us all straight.

Edited by Triumph, 13 February 2011 - 02:27 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#814 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:32 PM

Wow, you really hold a grudge well. Must have been a very long time ago cause I don't even know who you are. If it makes you feel better I humbly apologize for not getting back to you. fyi i dont have any pics

#815 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

do you have a personal issue with everyone on this board? take it somewhere else. are the supporters a little full of themselves? sure they are. still, it's been a huge positive for the team and season where there hasn't been much. but we upset the forum dad so he's going to set us all straight.

Oh, you. More preaching from another guy who should pick battles better. After all, you self professed your dislike for the older members of the fanbase who were here long before you. You pretty much admitted another time you don't care about how your viewed here, either so don't throw those stones too hard, Brent. I know you have a little crush towards me for viewing you as all stats and no substance, an elitist and your overall lovely, charming self but you're broke here.

Edited by SJP20, 13 February 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#816 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

Posted Image

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#817 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

Oh, you. More preaching from another guy who should pick battles better. After all, you self professed your dislike for the older members of the fanbase who were here long before you. You pretty much admitted another time you don't care about how your viewed here, either so don't throw those stones too hard, Brent. I know you have a little crush towards me for viewing you as all stats and no substance, an elitist and your overall lovely, charming self but you're broke here.

lol you came back an hour later to edit this post? wow. who has a crush on whom?

edit: sorry all, will stop the derail. i support the supporters section. i suggest we make an unknown poster insults members of the board thread, this way he can get all his grudges out in public.

Edited by Triumph, 13 February 2011 - 03:39 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#818 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

lol you came back an hour later to edit this post? wow. who has a crush on whom?

It took me an hour to scan through a very small sample of some of your incredible 20,000+ posts (using keywords) to make sure i understood just how many stones you tend to throw at those who think you're a fraud. You're one of the top grudge holders here to those who dismiss you.

edit: sorry all, will stop the derail. i support the supporters section. i suggest we make an unknown poster insults members of the board thread, this way he can get all his grudges out in public.

Again, more casting stones. If it wasn't for a select few, you'd be posting all that fenwick, corsi and sabermetrics garbage to yourself.

EDIT: How's about an thread charting each time you post about your precious sabermetric forumlas which you use to cover up your true lack of hockey knowledge?

Edited by SJP20, 13 February 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#819 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

alright, this thread is not for you guys to have a fight, if you want to fight about it, get a new thread going.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#820 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

I may not be a fan of the calling out threads but this would have served a much better purpose than jumping the shark on this thread. Regardless, I love the supporters section both the idea and people willing to put that effort out to get it going. I don't care if it's about ego or whatever the purpose, I think it's a net benefit for the fans, the team and the arena.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users