1169 replies to this topic

#861 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:07 AM

I agree. The only way I'll have a problem with this is if the Blues market this as if it's the first NHL Supporters Section of it's kind. I don't even know if NJDSS is the first ever attempt at this sort of thing in the NHL...but I do know and am proud of the fact that unlike the Blues version, this whole thing started organically with the fans at a time that the Devils were a depressing 9-19-2(their record before the first supporters game vs. Nashville).

Don't the Isles have a 'Loudville' section? That's the only thing close to a supporters section I've heard of but I'm not an expert.

I'm really surprised they're offering up tickets to the Caps game, guess ticket sales aren't going well for the second 'retro' night :saddevil:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#862 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:16 AM

Remember only buy here if you are going to stand, be loud, chant, and wear red! LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

Haha from back in the day I have like 8 Devils "home white" Jerseys. Hope you guys don't hate me but at least I'll be easy to pick out :)

#863 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

Just got tix for the Retro Night!!!! Row 12!!! See you guys there!
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#864 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:07 AM

bought my tickets for the 18th wooooooooooooooooooooo

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#865 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

Does anyone happen to know if the section for the March 18th game has a handicap section above it? I'd really like to bring a friend of mine for that game but there's no way she can stand the entire game, and I'd hate for us to be the only douchebags sitting in the section itself.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#866 Kale

Kale

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

Picked up tickets for Retro night. Can't wait!

#867 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

Don't the Isles have a 'Loudville' section? That's the only thing close to a supporters section I've heard of but I'm not an expert.

I'm really surprised they're offering up tickets to the Caps game, guess ticket sales aren't going well for the second 'retro' night :saddevil:

Yeah I went on November 27th of this season and they had their own supporters section.. Don't know what they were called, but they had a lot of good chants and even sang good song akin to what european soccer teams have

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#868 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

I click the red box to get tickets for the 12th and it keeps saying I timed out for security reasons.. wtf!!

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#869 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:43 PM

I click the red box to get tickets for the 12th and it keeps saying I timed out for security reasons.. wtf!!

happened to me too but i just backed out and it wound up fixing itself, try deleting your cookies if you cant get it to work

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#870 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

Check out what St. Louis is doing: http://www.stlouisga...-from-the-blues

The only difference is, this looks like it's being started directly by the team.

I'm watching the Flyers game and they just showed on TV the Flyers new supporters section.. Group of fans standing up cheering in the back of a section at Wells Fargo Center

Edit: Apparently it was actually their MLS team's fan club (Sons of Ben) at the game, but it's still a standing supporters section and could catch on there

Edited by Colin226, 22 February 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#871 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:33 AM

I just love how I am unable to buy tickets for the section the day my funds become available. Has anyone been having similar trouble trying to get tickets yesterday?

#872 Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

I've been having trouble getting tickets for days but today it finally worked. Got 5 tickets to Retro night and it will be my first game with the supporters. Me and my friends are ready to go ballistic!! Tickets are section 122 btw.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#873 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

there needs to me more player chants for when a particular one makes a good play

#874 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

I'm watching the Flyers game and they just showed on TV the Flyers new supporters section.. Group of fans standing up cheering in the back of a section at Wells Fargo Center

Edit: Apparently it was actually their MLS team's fan club (Sons of Ben) at the game, but it's still a standing supporters section and could catch on there

It will not catch on there. The sons of ben were around before the city even had an MLS team and have done this before. I talked to multiple people who went to the game and he said a lot of people did not like them and had some derogatory comments to make about the section and soccer in general. Philly isn't really into that from what I've seen (and I've seen a lot, I live 10 minutes from their sports complex), they aren't too vocal, just a$$holes that like throwing things and cursing people out. But at any rate, I'm not too concerned with what other teams do. I'm just hoping our movement continues to gain steam.

What rows did you guys get for your tickets? I did not purchase mine yet...last time it went from rows 8-14 so I'm wondering what it is doing this time around.

#875 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Yeah I went on November 27th of this season and they had their own supporters section.. Don't know what they were called, but they had a lot of good chants and even sang good song akin to what european soccer teams have

I just want to say... one of the ringleaders of section 329 on the Island is a long time friend of mine, and I can tell you those guys were around making noise long before the Isles threw Loudville into section 330. They have a little rivalry with each other.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#876 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

OK, I got my tickets for both games. It does seem that I can't even access the group ticket sales page from Google Chrome, so IE was my only other choice. :/

Anyway, it does seem that there is also a third listing out there (check on the My Tickets page) for April 10th vs the Bruins, just not yet for sale. So if I'm correct, we have three upcoming games to be ready for.

Edited by DeevFactor, 23 February 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#877 Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

My tickets for the 18th are section 122 row 8, is everyone else in that area?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#878 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,298 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

My tickets for the 18th are section 122 row 8, is everyone else in that area?

I think there are going to be people in sec 122 and 121.

#879 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,298 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hey everyone, I had a meeting with the Devils today about the supporters section. They like what we have done so far and there is going to be bigger news to follow. So please just keep following this thread and please lets have a great showing at the March 12th and 18th games to show the Devils that we can keep this thing going strong.

#880 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

you da man satans ....
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users