1169 replies to this topic

#901 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

The TG quote or something along those lines is money for a sign. Definitely think you guys need to bring it hard this game. Maybe some new chants could be worked in about the streak or the streak motto. Kovy certainly deserves some love for his second-half. I have heard the Ko-vy!! chant, but what about "Il-ya Koval-chuck" clap clap clap clap clap, just to differentiate it from the Marty chants. Speaking of which, Marty deserves the same love the fans of been giving the Moose in goal.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#902 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

If anyone wants to make any signs for the Islanders game then please go ahead and do so, the more the better. Some ideas that have been mentioned on the facebook already is "one game at a time" and anything charlie sheen related so if anyone wants to go ahead and make these or something else then please do so!

It would be cool if everyone in the section had a small 11 x 17 sign that just said BELIEVE -- that would look awesome when they put them up ...

someone has to have one that says "JUST WIN BABY - THE REST IS JUST TALK"

Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#903 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:22 AM

It would be cool if everyone in the section had a small 11 x 17 sign that just said BELIEVE -- that would look awesome when they put them up ...

Pretty sweet idea.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#904 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:23 AM

I like the idea, I'm going to post that on the facebook tomorrow.

#905 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

The TG quote or something along those lines is money for a sign. Definitely think you guys need to bring it hard this game. Maybe some new chants could be worked in about the streak or the streak motto. Kovy certainly deserves some love for his second-half. I have heard the Ko-vy!! chant, but what about "Il-ya Koval-chuck" clap clap clap clap clap, just to differentiate it from the Marty chants. Speaking of which, Marty deserves the same love the fans of been giving the Moose in goal.

I'll be making a post about asking people for new chant ideas on the facebook, if anyone has them here post them as well. The kovy chant has been extremely popular lately at home games, I even heard it on tv at the Islanders game so I think it's one of those situations where if it ain't broke then don't fix it.

I always love doing the Marty chants so if Marty is in net he will be getting plenty of love from us.

#906 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

Pretty simple, and probably not original, but every time Kovy scores at home, I've been yelling KOVAL-CHUK instead of you suck. Would be really nice if that caught on, or we did that for every player who scored as syllables permit. That goes for the entire arena. Not trying to turn this into a debate about the original chant, just offering an alternative.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#907 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:01 AM

we have nice chants for after goals but the pa announcer ruins most of them with music over or something else. he really needs to be told to shut the hell up so we can do our job.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#908 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

That would look awesome!

Also, I know some people who have been to games that you guys n gals have been Supportin' it up at, and they all came back saying "They have this one chant that sounds really cool, we just have no idea what it is." And it's always the "I Believe" chant they're talking about. Maybe signs that spell out the chant? Someone all the way to the left of the section holds up an "I" sign at the start. Then two signs, "I" and "BELIEVE". Then "I" "BELIEVE" "THAT" ... and you get the point. Then, when it gets to the "I believe that we will win!" part, the whole section holds up their "BELIEVE" signs while jumping and chanting like crazy.

It might be a little too much, but it sounds cool in my head at least. :lol:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#909 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,490 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

That would look awesome!

Also, I know some people who have been to games that you guys n gals have been Supportin' it up at, and they all came back saying "They have this one chant that sounds really cool, we just have no idea what it is." And it's always the "I Believe" chant they're talking about. Maybe signs that spell out the chant? Someone all the way to the left of the section holds up an "I" sign at the start. Then two signs, "I" and "BELIEVE". Then "I" "BELIEVE" "THAT" ... and you get the point. Then, when it gets to the "I believe that we will win!" part, the whole section holds up their "BELIEVE" signs while jumping and chanting like crazy.

Winning.

logokx.jpg

#910 cj241

cj241

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

That would look awesome!

Love this idea and think it's one of the best chants they do and it's extremely catchy.

#911 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

IDEA. So there is this website where you can "Rasterbate" images. (http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/)

Basically you can take any image/graphic and make it print out over like a hundred sheets of paper. Up to 66 feet x 66 feet. This would be a cool thing to get the rest of the crowd in on chants, or just have an awesome sign that would be visible across the arena.

You would have to lay the sheets of paper out in a large space, then attach them to poster board or something so each person is then holding like 6 sheets of paper that will make up a larger image. From far away the images look pretty intricate so this would look awesome.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Anyone have some ideas?
Posted Image

#912 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

That would look awesome!

I like that idea as well, and I know we already have "BELIEVE" that are a decent size so all we would need is signs for "I" "THAT" "WE" "WILL" "WIN!" and we would be all set for that. These signs would need to be a decent size.

We would just have to give the signs to people based on where they are sitting cause we need to do it from the left to the right of the section as if you were looking at the section from downstairs.

If we can get a few people who are coming to Saturdays game to commit to making the rest of the words this is something that we can easily do. Any volunteers? If you volunteer please let me know what part of the sign you would be doing as I'm going to keep track so we don't have duplicate big signs for that one. If you volunteer please make sure you are definitely going to make the sign and Saturdays game as well.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 08 March 2011 - 12:07 PM.

#913 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:41 AM

Anyone have some ideas?

the stanley cup banners?
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#914 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

the stanley cup banners?

Hey El D, I just posted your idea about the little Believe signs on the facebook, I told everyone if they like the idea to bring a sign.

I do like those large images, the only issue I see with them is that it would cost a lot of money in ink/paper for one person to do it.

#915 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

the stanley cup banners?

I mean the real thing would just be hanging like 50 feet above; Like a giant meme or something would be funny...You can have an image with words over the top of it...
Posted Image

#916 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

I mean the real thing would just be hanging like 50 feet above; Like a giant meme or something would be funny...You can have an image with words over the top of it...

What about a giant printout of the Kovy "U Mad" picture? haha

believe-devs.jpg

#917 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

Hey El D, I just posted your idea about the little Believe signs on the facebook, I told everyone if they like the idea to bring a sign.

I do like those large images, the only issue I see with them is that it would cost a lot of money in ink/paper for one person to do it.

Not when you have a laser printer at the office ;-)

I can't make any of the supporter games; otherwise I'd print a huge sign out.
Posted Image

#918 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:51 AM

Not when you have a laser printer at the office ;-)

I can't make any of the supporter games; otherwise I'd print a huge sign out.

Ah, true lol

I think this would be amazing...

Posted Image

#919 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

Good idea...similar to whats done at soccer games in Europe.

#920 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

I'm bringing about 12 of each sign...one saying "Believe" and the other saying "Wow, Winning"
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users