1169 replies to this topic

#1121 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Without a doubt I'd love to be a season ticket holder if I had the money for them. I'm not mad at the Devils for pushing season tickets regardless of how they push them. I don't feel they are trying to shame, guilt, or bully me into purchasing anything so I'm not sure where that is coming from, especially since I said the supporters section wasn't really for me with my family coming along anyway.

:rolleyes:
Ahh... yeah -- I didn't think YOU personally felt bullied... I just thought you meant THIS:

But the point is the section last year was growing and being billed as a section where really truly screaming, jumping, standing, cheering fans could get some cheaper tickets all in one section...now its that but only if you can shell out a thousand buckaroos...in my opinion, its a lame thing to do...but its still their right to do it.

The section is advertised as such to DISCOURAGE people like you, with family who don't want to sit in that section- to select seats in that section. As Dan wrote - the section will be available to everyone else as well... if it sells out to subscribers, well then it's a bunch of screaming supportive fans who are getting a deal and guaranteeing their seats in advance. How the hell do these poor guys with no money come up with hundreds for official sweaters? I think poor folks who want to can share plans even. If not then the seats are still reserved for supporters who can afford partials -- and then if they're STILL not sold out they're reserved for one-off supporter section buyers.

You know -- if you want to get your panties in a bunch - fine. I just don't think you need to in this particular circumstance :noclue:

I'm here for the party

#1122 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

I'm not so sure why you are hellbent on pointing to a fact that isn't there, I'm not upset at all about it since...again, I pointed out the section isn't for me. But...again, that wasn't the point of my initial statement, or rather, my opinion...that I stated...on a message board. They made a normally higher priced product more easily accessible to the public by bringing the price down by a decent margin and then a year later make that product less accessible to that same base by making it, while still discounted, only purchasable (for the time being) in bulk at a larger overall price. Sure there are ways around it. You can wait to see if they start selling them in singles, or partials...split between a larger group, or even get tickets off of a season ticket holder, but that is no different than scouring the internet for deals and promo codes for tickets...the Devils are still taking away the accessibility of getting the tickets...which, again only in my opinion, is sucky.
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#1123 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

It is frustrating for the people that can't afford these season tickets because the only way we can participate is to either buy the season tickets and hope we can sell some to make back face value, or to buy tickets from someone selling their season tickets. Both of these are options stink because selling your own season tickets can be a hassle and there's no guarantee you will get back a good portion of the money you spent on the unused tickets, and if you're looking to buy from season ticket holders it could be difficult to find tickets in the supporters section. It would be much more convenient if they offered a partial ticket plan or individual tickets, but according to the rep I talked to today, there are no plans of doing that and they are making it season ticket holders only. Maybe they are bluffing to try to get as many people to buy season tickets first, but it doesn't look like that will be the case.

Of course I don't expect them to close off the entire section and hope people buy the tickets, but something like leaving one row available for individual purchase I don't think is too much to ask for. That would also allow for the section to attract more participants and grow the section. Also, we didn't want this to be a closed group, we wanted it to be welcoming to anyone who wanted to participate, and that's not going to be the case now.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1124 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

Without a doubt I'd love to be a season ticket holder if I had the money for them. I'm not mad at the Devils for pushing season tickets regardless of how they push them. I don't feel they are trying to shame, guilt, or bully me into purchasing anything so I'm not sure where that is coming from, especially since I said the supporters section wasn't really for me with my family coming along anyway. But the point is the section last year was growing and being billed as a section where really truly screaming, jumping, standing, cheering fans could get some cheaper tickets all in one section...now its that but only if you can shell out a thousand buckaroos...in my opinion, its a lame thing to do...but its still their right to do it.

While it sucks, I think it had to be done, in my opinion; when the Supporters Section first started up, people who weren't Devils fans got their hands on the cheap tickets and kind of slowed down what the Supporters Section was trying to achieve. Like I said, you can pretty much blame the Ranger, Flyer and other teams fans for that. Requiring fans to become season ticket holders in that section eliminates those non-Devils fans in that section for the fact that they don't want to have to purchase season tickets for a team they don't even like. Hell, when free tickets were being given out to the Supporters and the Vikings Army, rival fans who got wind of it managed to get their hands on tickets and went to the game hoping only to see the Devils lose.
Also, the ones purchasing STs in that section know what the section is about and they'll want to bring the noise to as many games as possible.

Again I know it sucks. But who knows, maybe they won't manage to sell out the whole section by the time next season starts and they'll HAVE to sell some seats individually.
"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#1125 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

But the point is the section last year was growing and being billed as a section where really truly screaming, jumping, standing, cheering fans could get some cheaper tickets all in one section...now its that but only if you can shell out a thousand buckaroos...in my opinion, its a lame thing to do...but its still their right to do it.

Well the problem with that is like the previous poster said, the tickets weren't only going to the standing and cheering fans once the section got a bit bigger and more publicity on the internet. If you only sell invidivual tickets, how are you going to prevent other team's fans from getting their hands on the biggest games? Or our fans for selling marquee games at a profit?

At least the season tickets are building a base of fans committed to the section before you start with gameday stuff, and if you notice they're already starting to sell quasi-partials (advertising either full seasons or 'pairing' you up to split tickets with another buyer).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1126 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

Well the problem with that is like the previous poster said, the tickets weren't only going to the standing and cheering fans once the section got a bit bigger and more publicity on the internet. If you only sell invidivual tickets, how are you going to prevent other team's fans from getting their hands on the biggest games? Or our fans for selling marquee games at a profit?

At least the season tickets are building a base of fans committed to the section before you start with gameday stuff, and if you notice they're already starting to sell quasi-partials (advertising either full seasons or 'pairing' you up to split tickets with another buyer).

That is one thing I will agree with...that is something it definitely does. You'll still have the stragglers who bought the extra tickets floating around on stubhub or whatever but yeah you've got a point there.
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#1127 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

but something like leaving one row available for individual purchase I don't think is too much to ask for. That would also allow for the section to attract more participants and grow the section. Also, we didn't want this to be a closed group, we wanted it to be welcoming to anyone who wanted to participate, and that's not going to be the case now.

The one row is what I'm trying to get them to keep open because even I'm not sure about getting full season tickets this year myself cause money is tight right now and I won't be able to make a good amount of games. I'm going to keep pushing the idea of keeping one row open for at least 5 game plans because its important to the growth of the section if this thing is going to succeed in a long term basis and at least with a 5 game plan that will keep other teams fans out still as well.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 16 May 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#1128 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

The one row is what I'm trying to get them to keep open because even I'm not sure about getting full season tickets this year myself cause money is tight right now and I won't be able to make a good amount of games. I'm going to keep pushing the idea of keeping one row open for at least 5 game plans because its important to the growth of the section if this thing is going to succeed in a long term basis and at least with a 5 game plan that will keep other teams fans out still as well.

Yea when I was on the phone with my ticket rep today I told him that even the guy who started the whole thing might not even be able to do the season tickets and he agreed with me about that being a shame. I agree with NJDevs4978 that making the whole thing individual tickets probably wouldn't be a good idea either, but your idea of having one row open is a good idea, and making it 5-game plans is an even better idea. I would definitely get two of those and probably 1-3 of my friends as well.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1129 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:36 AM

I could swing a 5 game partial plan if it was offered. There is just no way I can do full season tickets nor would I feel comfortable being paired up with someone that I don't even know. I understand the precautions the Devils are taking with this, I just hope it doesn't end up killing what started as a real fun thing to do.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#1130 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

I agree, at least one row should be left open. Good luck, bud.
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#1131 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

So what's the real gripe?

The Devils should find a way to hold a section for walk-up sales - with a special password so it's guaranteed supporters section only?

or...

The Devils should give the Supporters Section buyers season tickets for 42 seats at $10? so that's $420.00 - is that the package they should be offering? with the caveat of Official Devils Supporter Section approval.... the box offices would have to check references to ensure genuine Devils Supporters are taking advantage of this fabulous offer?

Because no one seriously believes for half of a second that the Devils are blocking off this section SOLELY for FULL season ticket holders do they? If it doesn't sell out well then screw it -- NO ONE gets to sit there! It's worth the loss of revenue just to stick it to the Supporters who won't commit 3 months in advance! :huh:

It's as Dan said - they'll offer full season - then with your outcry partials - then of course regular box office. you all managed fine on regular box office last year. I just think it's perfectly FINE for the team to start off the section this way. It ensures some Supporters at the outset -- then it's up to you.

AND I'm sure that if you come up with a real alternative they'll work with you on making seats int he section available to Supporters before they're available to Ranger fans. But seriously -- how else do you expect them to do this?

YOU KNOW - one thought -- if you had specific ushers for that section hand out discount vouchers to people at games. That way obvious support section fans are given a special discount opportunity before rival fans.... Those are people that care so they won't hand off the voucher to Ranger fans or something if they can't use them. I like my plan!! See? now THAT is productive bitching. Just bitching and grousing isn't helpful in any way. Offer up some DOABLE alternatives! The Devils have more than proven they're listening and willing to work with you all

Edited by Pepperkorn, 17 May 2011 - 12:20 PM.

I'm here for the party

#1132 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

Because no one seriously believes for half of a second that the Devils are blocking off this section SOLELY for FULL season ticket holders do they? If it doesn't sell out well then screw it -- NO ONE gets to sit there! It's worth the loss of revenue just to stick it to the Supporters who won't commit 3 months in advance! :huh:

It's as Dan said - they'll offer full season - then with your outcry partials - then of course regular box office. you all managed fine on regular box office last year. I just think it's perfectly FINE for the team to start off the section this way. It ensures some Supporters at the outset -- then it's up to you.

AND I'm sure that if you come up with a real alternative they'll work with you on making seats int he section available to Supporters before they're available to Ranger fans. But seriously -- how else do you expect them to do this?

EXACTLY!!! Haha... Once partials come out, I'm sure the Supporters Section will have a few plans.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1133 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

They're not blocking off the whole section for season tickets, it's part of the section, so they could sell out the rows they have set aside for season tickets and the rest of us would just have to buy regular tickets and hope we can move to the supporters section without the usher hassling us again, or buy tickets from a season ticket holder. Obviously if they don't sell out the supporters section area they will still offer those seats.

Edited by devilsfan26, 17 May 2011 - 05:17 PM.

--John Buccigross

#1134 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

The biggest annoyance is they are promoting 122 has the supporters section and its literally only half the section.

I'd be down for some 5 game...even weekend plans myself. Without a doubt.

#1135 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:00 AM

I don't think that is a big deal. We haven't proven that we can fill up an entire section even for one game yet, so it would be foolish of them to close off the entire section for the entire season for us. The fact that right now it is either season tickets or no tickets is by far a greater annoyance.
--John Buccigross

#1136 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

I got a call from my ticket rep today saying he found someone willing to split a pair of supporters section season tickets in half, but I think even a half might be too much for me. Does anyone want to go in with us and get a pair of tickets for a third or a fourth of the games? It is about $485 per seat for half the season, so about $325 for a third, and about $245 for a qaurter. Let me know!
--John Buccigross

#1137 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

August 16th at 6pm - come pick out the name and logo for the section, also if you are interested in splitting season tickets in the section that can be talked about with the Devils reps.

Posted Image

#1138 SeanMac16

SeanMac16

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

im still not quite sure what this is excatly or whos it for enlighten me please

#1139 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

Also check the facebook page.

Pretty self explanatory.

#1140 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

edit

Edited by overtime98, 04 August 2011 - 07:47 AM.

New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users