#1161 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

LOL

I'm saying if you can walk to get food, you can walk 2 steps down a flight of stairs.
it's HANDICAPPED seating, not fat/old seating.

when i went to see buffalo vs devils, i saw ushers and employees offering seniors a chance to sit in those specific seats

#1162 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

just out of curiosity why are the Devils doing an "army theme"?

#1163 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

I guess because they see the KISS army and they want us to be just like that.

#1164 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

I guess because they see the KISS army and they want us to be just like that.

:blink:

#1165 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

:blink:

lol do you have an alternate theory?

#1166 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

They liked how it went over in the 2010 playoffs and wanted some theme to unify the fans, so they decided an army is united and strong.. They are sticking with it because it used to be a new theme every season that they never built on

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1167 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

The Devils Army Supporters were sworn into secrecy last night. If any of them release the name of the section before the season starts hitmen will soon be at their doorstep.

Hhaha this made my day.

I was just imagining a few Devils players , ringin the victims doorbell.. whem they finally open the door they would have received a puck to the head.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#1168 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

They liked how it went over in the 2010 playoffs and wanted some theme to unify the fans, so they decided an army is united and strong.. They are sticking with it because it used to be a new theme every season that they never built on

They started it because of Kovy, more or less. You never heard anything about a 'Red Army' (like Russia) or a 'Devils Army' before we got him :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1169 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

The other two names are Hellions and Devils Advocates. There were about 30 people at the meeting. One of the Devils graphic guys is going to create a few different logos for each of the names and there will be a final vote coming up soon. I believe there will also be another meeting scheduled so that those who couldn't make it on Tuesday can go. It was only briefly mentioned though so don't count on it until there is an official announcement.

A couple of random things that came up:
-In reference to drums (which were banned after Viking Army came in one night with their drum and pissed off some fans who complained), the Devils said they're doing to have some sort of drum line this season. (This is completely separate from the supporters section.)
-The Devils are aware that sometimes the music/organ interrupts/kills chants. They want to avoid this. They're hoping to coordinate with the section so that this doesn't happen too much. Seeing as I don't think the section is going to plan its chants out minute-by-minute, I'm not sure how much coordinating can be done with this, other than a general guideline of, the organ should keep quiet soon after a goal because there'll likely be some sort of extended chanting, and chants should be started/kept up mostly while the puck is in play to avoid the music. Organ/music person should pay attention to what's going on to not drone out a chant if there is obviously a good one going.

The section is also going to keep pushing to make partial plans available. There was nothing new about a system for STHs to resell their tickets other than hammering home the point at the meeting that people need to resell their tickets to other Devils fans and to fans that are OK with standing and chanting the whole game.
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#1170 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

Your leader should reach out to the Viking Army leader for advice.. They really do an awesome job

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users