56 replies to this topic

#41 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

I'll take it...a win is always pretty...even the ugly ones...

Indeed.

Great game, too.

#42 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:39 AM

At least there was no fluke comeback (aided by the officials) this time for the Steelers... all is good.

Not too shabby NFL weekend. Giants loss (always a good day when that happens) Steelers loss, (any time an anti-football team reaches a demise is a good day) too bad the other two anti-football teams won in Indy and Ravens.

Last but not least, the Cowboys won. Maybe the head coaching job will become permanent eh Crash :uni: he's 4 and 2 now B )

#43 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:11 AM

Last but not least, the Cowboys won. Maybe the head coaching job will become permanent eh Crash :uni: he's 4 and 2 now B )

Are you SERIOUS??? They just made Rex Grossman look like Michael Vick yesterday??? Yes they've gotten some turnovers to mask this , but the Cowboy defense has been PATHETIC under Ginger-Coach!!! And yes Dallas will win Saturday too against a more pathetic Cardinals team....I get the feeling Ginger's job might come down to the Eagles game (and if Jeff Fisher is available or not....)

Man was yesterday the most Bizarro-Day of football I can remember :blink:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#44 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

Indeed.

Great game, too.

Great but a bit scary. The last couple of games before this one had me thinking that this defense might be improving, but last night showed that this unit is still a bit shaky, Arrington's impressive pick-6 aside. 446 PF has a way of hiding that.

All they have to do to lock up the #1 is win one of their final two (@Buf, vs. Miami)...they can even drop both if the Jets lose one of their final two games. That's huge for the Pats, because they need the easiest and most restful path possible to reach the SB...they're not locks to get there by any stretch, but if they can get themselves two home games I give them a good shot to get there, in spite of their flaws on D.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#45 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

If they can get themselves two home games I give them a good shot to get there, in spite of their flaws on D.

Oh, absolutely.

Gotta give the Packers credit. They played pretty well on defense yesterday. The 71-yard return by the offensive lineman and the pick six were just huge plays for the Pats.

#46 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

Oh, absolutely.

Gotta give the Packers credit. They played pretty well on defense yesterday. The 71-yard return by the offensive lineman and the pick six were just huge plays for the Pats.

I give the Packers a lot of credit...their coach took an outside-the-box approach from the very first play and it almost paid off for his team. And he was bold with giving his QB a chance to make plays.

Yeah, thought the Pack D was pretty good...on one hand, you can argue that they only allowed 17 points (7 obviously were scored on Arrington's pick 6, and one of funniest runbacks ever on special teams set up other score...and the Packs' D almost stopped them). On the other, the Pats were pretty productive considering they held the ball for less than 20 minutes, and ran about half as many plays on offense as the Packers.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#47 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

On the other, the Pats were pretty productive considering they held the ball for less than 20 minutes, and ran about half as many plays on offense as the Packers.

Good point.

I was surprised how well the Packers ran the ball. They seemed to do a good job keeping New England off-balance in general.

#48 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

Good point.

I was surprised how well the Packers ran the ball. They seemed to do a good job keeping New England off-balance in general.

If the Pats manage to wrap up the #1 (chances are high that they will, though I can't say it's a 100% certainty...Buffalo is playing with confidence, and Miami has been good on the road...and both teams are playing with nothing to lose), I don't see them as a #1 that can't be beat...depending on who the opponent is, I can see them losing despite them having the home field and the extra week to prepare for their first opponent.

#30 FOREVER!

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

And here we go once again...Favre upgraded from OUT to questionable for tonight, game-time decision :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#50 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

Are you SERIOUS??? They just made Rex Grossman look like Michael Vick yesterday??? Yes they've gotten some turnovers to mask this , but the Cowboy defense has been PATHETIC under Ginger-Coach!!! And yes Dallas will win Saturday too against a more pathetic Cardinals team....I get the feeling Ginger's job might come down to the Eagles game (and if Jeff Fisher is available or not....)

Man was yesterday the most Bizarro-Day of football I can remember :blink:

To be fair the defense looked like crap under Wade too...in fact to do believe the beating the Packers put on us ended his tenure...that's some pure hatred when you are calling him out on a part of the team that was already atrocious before he took over...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#51 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

To be fair the defense looked like crap under Wade too...in fact to do believe the beating the Packers put on us ended his tenure...that's some pure hatred when you are calling him out on a part of the team that was already atrocious before he took over...

If they're promoting him to fix the team... isn't part of the job to fix the WHOLE team though?
I do like that the defense now actually tries for turnovers, but this team should be WAY better then it is... more so with this personnel.....not to mention letting Rex Grossman look like Phillip Rivers in the second half.....if you're gonna let Rex Grossman run wild on you.... time for a new strategy, this ain't Michael Vick who's doing it to EVERYONE (or Brady, etc)....even Peyton who did turn it over like mad threw for what 445?

(I will say to be fair slightly, that the Cowboys need a legit nose tackle and it's NOT Jay Ratliff)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#52 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

If they're promoting him to fix the team... isn't part of the job to fix the WHOLE team though?
I do like that the defense now actually tries for turnovers, but this team should be WAY better then it is... more so with this personnel.....not to mention letting Rex Grossman look like Phillip Rivers in the second half.....if you're gonna let Rex Grossman run wild on you.... time for a new strategy, this ain't Michael Vick who's doing it to EVERYONE (or Brady, etc)....even Peyton who did turn it over like mad threw for what 445?

(I will say to be fair slightly, that the Cowboys need a legit nose tackle and it's NOT Jay Ratliff)

if he gets the job then he'll have to fix the team...right now he's had to salvage the team so it wouldn't implode....but the rest I'll agree with...

I still think that Rat would be a great NT if the others around him weren't underachieving...I mean Olshansky really? how is he a threat?...Ware can only do so much and Spencer has done his disappearing act...but then again, this back up we have, Brent, I think is his name...is the prototypical NT and he's turning a lot of heads I hear....would be interesting to see what we do with him and then maybe move Ratliff to end...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#53 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

if he gets the job then he'll have to fix the team...right now he's had to salvage the team so it wouldn't implode....but the rest I'll agree with...

I still think that Rat would be a great NT if the others around him weren't underachieving...I mean Olshansky really? how is he a threat?...Ware can only do so much and Spencer has done his disappearing act...but then again, this back up we have, Brent, I think is his name...is the prototypical NT and he's turning a lot of heads I hear....would be interesting to see what we do with him and then maybe move Ratliff to end...

To me the biggest damnation on Ratliff was watching the Eagles just pound it right down his face to ice that game 2 games ago.... the only reason you knew he was there was seeing his 90 getting blown off the ball.... maybe a better NT puts him at DE and he can be more effective again

so now Favre's playing an AP's out??? WTF :blink:

#54 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

so now Favre's playing an AP's out??? WTF :blink:

Seriously? Heh, I was expecting a showdown and Billy the Kid didn't show up :lol: Oh well, guess it's on to the NJDevs Finals :evil:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 20 December 2010 - 08:04 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#55 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

And here comes the much-anticipated debut of Joe "Spud" Webb :lol:

#56 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

And here comes the much-anticipated debut of Joe "Spud" Webb :lol:

Spud Webb! From the days when I used to follow NBA hoops (a little).

#57 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:32 PM

Spud Webb! From the days when I used to follow NBA hoops (a little).

Me too.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users