59 replies to this topic

#1 USC09

USC09

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:35 PM

I know its a bit early to do so, but with the Devils projected to finish 29/30 in NHL this year, here is what there line-up could look like.

Parise Zajac Zubrus
Kovalchuk Couturier Clarkson
Elias Josefson Tedenby
Rolston Pelley Vasyunov/Zharkov

Greene Salvador
White Tallinder
Volchenkov Corrente

Notes: The Devils need puck movers on defense, so hopefully they will pursue Kaberle and hopefully Elias can court him to NJ.

#2 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

I know its a bit early to do so, but with the Devils projected to finish 29/30 in NHL this year, here is what there line-up could look like.

Parise Zajac Zubrus
Elias Josefson Tedenby

Greene Salvador
White Tallinder
Volchenkov Corrente

Notes: The Devils need puck movers on defense, so hopefully they will pursue Kaberle and hopefully Elias can court him to NJ.

Wow, a player we don't even have is Kovalchuk's center next year? Gimme some winning lottery numbers while you're at it.

#3 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Now David, it isn't very nice of you to put yourself on the 2nd line. You have seen Tedenby play this season, right!?!?

#4 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

i'd rather see something like...

Parise - Zajac - Lang
Kovalchuk - Josefson - Zubs
Elias - (Cheaper) Arnott - Tedenby
Mair - Pelley - Gionta/Zharkov or wtv

Taormina Volchenkov
White Tallinder
Greene Salvador

with all that i presume that somehow Clarkson, Rolston is gone... Arnott resigned for really cheap and Lang signed for cheaper too, obviously hard to tell what kind of players we could get through trades or picks/prospect

ohhhh and i think we could get Larsson but he's not gonna be ready for NHL next season... but he'd be in our system

========

here's some things i'd like to see knowing its impossible

it would break my heart but... Elias + 2nd for Eberle or Olivier Roy / Langs + 4th for shattenkirk / Clarkson for MacArthur... Rolston for a puck... not even a bag of pucks... just... one... single... used.... puck!

www.SterioDesign.com

#5 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

Yes, because that's what we need, more aging has-beens

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#6 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

Parise - Zajac - Tedenby

make it so!

#7 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

Parise Zajac Zubrus
Elias Josefson Tedenby

Greene Salvador
White Tallinder
Volchenkov Corrente

Clarkson on the 2nd line? Let's say we do happen to have this group next year, do you want him playing with Kovy or Couturier? The guy cannot skate, shoot, or even enforce well. He is terrible, just like this projected lineup.

#8 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

it would break my heart but... Elias + 2nd for Eberle or Olivier Roy / Langs + 4th for shattenkirk / Clarkson for MacArthur... Rolston for a puck... not even a bag of pucks... just... one... single... used.... puck!

That would work. These teams trading their up and comers or bright spots for oldies and guys that can't stand on skates. Who do they think they are, the New Jersey Devils?!?!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#9 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Well we saw Simon Gagner go for Matt Walker and a 4th... anything can happen...

www.SterioDesign.com

#10 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

Parise Zajac Zubrus
Elias Josefson Tedenby

Greene Salvador
White Tallinder
Volchenkov Corrente

it's not too early anymore to start thinking about next year - that's really all we've got.

i think one of clarkson/rolston aren't on this team next year at forward
Greene/Salvadaor/Corrente won't/shouldn't be part of next year's defense.

i'm still holding out for larsson instead of couturier and i would actually think he will be in the NHL next year.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#11 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

Well we saw Simon Gagner go for Matt Walker and a 4th... anything can happen...

Yeah, but Simon Gagne had lingering concussion problems, has already been on IR this season and was on a club overloaded with offensive talent that had to get under the cap.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#12 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

Its hard to make that call as far as lines go. I realyl do think that big changes will happen over the off season. So some of those playres may be gone and others may be in.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#13 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

We need to blow up the D, christian Erfhoff, Beiksa anyone out there who can move the puck.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#14 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

My plan:
Rolston to Chicago for Brian Campbell.
Waive Tallinder + Salvador and loan them somewhere else (call it the ViVi treatment). Trade Mr. Inconsistencies such as Clarkson, Fraser, and Greene away for picks.

"p" indicates projected.
Parise (7p)-Zajac (3.88)-Langenbrunner (1.5p)
Kovalchuk (6.67)-Zubrus (3.4)-zharkov (.85p)
Elias (6)-Josefson (.9)-Tedenby (.9)
palmeiri (.8p)-Pelley (.525)-Mair (.5)

32.925M for F.

volchenkov (4.25)-Campbell (7.1)
White (3)-Taormina (.75p)
Corrente (.9p)-Salmela (.9p)
Fayne (.51)

17.41M for D

Brodeur (5.2) and Frazee (.5p)

5.7M for G
Overall: 56.025M + 1M buyout of Pando and peters = 57.025M
So that we have 2M for injury call-up.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#15 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

My predicition:

Lous will sign a bunch of poop and pee players. Get ready to welcome Andrew Alberts and Jody Shelley to the Devils. Alex Auld will be our backup goalie

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#16 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

I thought about Brian Campbell too and they'd trade Rolston for Cambpell - you'd have to think. But Campbell's contract is massive. We can't have that on the roster. It would be...insane.

I think Rolston will be re-entried and claimed.

This will go through a hundred variations between now and october. I could possibly see.

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus
Kovy-Peverly-Tedenby
Elias-Josefson-Zharkov
Pelley-Rupp-Clarkson

Volchenkov-Taormina
White-Larsson
Tallinder-Urbom

#17 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,579 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

HOI your lineup makes me weep for the future. I'm not really going to participate in this exercise until the trade deadline is over because so much can change. I do know that the more rookies you put in the lineup, the worse it is.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#18 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

HOI your lineup makes me weep for the future. I'm not really going to participate in this exercise until the trade deadline is over because so much can change. I do know that the more rookies you put in the lineup, the worse it is.

i saw no reason to give a prohibitive +1 to HOI because i knew this was coming. i like your "you're just trying to make me mad" line better.

also - i pray that you had the scene from Chez Quis in your head when you used that line. if not, i'm ashamed of you.

Edited by sundstrom, 20 December 2010 - 05:23 PM.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#19 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Tri, that's because I don't think this team makes strides until 2012-13 - when we could possibly have Merril, Urbom, Taormina and maybe Larsson.

We have Merril and Urbom, and to a lesser extent Taormina in the system - so do we draft Larsson anyway? - Do we hope for a top pairing of Merril-Larsson in the future?

I'm not sure we are going to improve until the Parise thing settles itself out, the bad contracts come off the cap and so on.

#20 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,579 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

i saw no reason to give a prohibitive +1 to HOI because i knew this was coming. i like your "you're just trying to make me mad" line better.

also - i pray that you had the scene from Chez Quis in your head when you used that line. if not, i'm ashamed of you.

c'mon, that's obviously where that's from.

Tri, that's because I don't think this team makes strides until 2012-13 - when we could possibly have Merril, Urbom, Taormina and maybe Larsson.

We have Merril and Urbom, and to a lesser extent Taormina in the system - so do we draft Larsson anyway? - Do we hope for a top pairing of Merril-Larsson in the future?

I'm not sure we are going to improve until the Parise thing settles itself out, the bad contracts come off the cap and so on.

uh why are we not mentioning volchenkov? is that because he's not awesome? he's still going to be good in 4 years, too. i mean, i'd rather sign andy greene at a discount (2MM per) than go with that lineup for sure. 18 year old defensemen stink.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users