295 replies to this topic

#201 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

Agreed. A top pick would be nice but there are multiple issues with it. First off, the pick may never turn out. It happens. Secondly, the pick, especially if it's on D, will likely not be able to help us for a few seasons.

Never ever should a team lose on purpose. That's bush league bullsh!t It's just not the way things should be done. I rather see the team go on a run and fall short and finish in 9th place instead of watching this garabage that we have been exposed to the first half of this season. This has been trying for every one involved. A complete mess. Respect means a lot and right now this franchise is getting zero of it. They need to get this turned around in the right direction asap.

I'll give people the benefit of the doubt and say no one is talking about losing games on purpose, or configuring the roster in such a way as to lose as many games as possible, see, e.g. Penguins. I think the issue is, the team stinks at least this season and will not make the playoffs, so Lou shouldn't go out of his way to make short term improvements, and should make moves with the future in mind. So it means dumping dead weight that might be better than the what we get in return for the short term (in other words, if the team was still in playoff contention, you wouldn't trade Langs/Clarkson for a draft pick) and perhaps giving the young guys that much more experience for when things do turn around (yes, I know it makes unrestricted free agency come that much more early). Usually, this means that the team will get even worse, which equals high draft pick.

Also, I'm not a scout, but based on the hockey news draft preview, it seems like there's a pretty significant drop off in talent after the 3rd or 4th pick.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#202 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

Too bad Stevens wont take more of an active coaching role. You think had he been on the staff he would have taken this lacksidasical play? This team needs a Scotty Stevens-like captain that cares enough instead of one that just goes through the motions and complains when things aren't going his way.

Mike

How can Stevens ask these current players to play the game like he did? Andy Green (like Paul Martin) is just not physical, as is Taormina. (they smack players with their European handbags) If we had a decent D corps, this wouldn't have happened.
Sadly, there aren't any in Albany ready for prime time.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#203 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

christmas came early, now i hope lemaire requests langenbrunner traded for kaberle.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#204 DevsFan7545

DevsFan7545

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

christmas came early, now i hope lemaire requests langenbrunner traded for kaberle.

throw in Rolston
Posted Image

I BELIEVE Do You???

#205 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

How can Stevens ask these current players to play the game like he did? Andy Green (like Paul Martin) is just not physical, as is Taormina. (they smack players with their European handbags) If we had a decent D corps, this wouldn't have happened.

We DO have a decent D. Greene, Taormina, Volchenkov, White, Tallinder are all good players. Its an off season for the whole team. :rolleyes:

Combined they have a total of 26 Goals, 107 Assists, and over all +32 last season.

Edited by Quinn01, 23 December 2010 - 01:18 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#206 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:16 PM

throw in Rolston

most likely clarkson, he's a darling for toronto. lemaire probably had a condition to get rid of langy to have his own captain, i can't stop smiling.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#207 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

most likely clarkson, he's a darling for toronto. lemaire probably had a condition to get rid of langy to have his own captain, i can't stop smiling.

i hope you realize that, even if they could do this capwise, kaberle would be an AWFUL return for langenbrunner. clarkson would be fine because you'd be essentially ridding yourself of the contract.

regardless, toronto wants nothing to do with jamie langenbrunner - he does nothing for what kind of team that are this year. and the leafs have clarkson types so they don't need him.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#208 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

Funny that pretty much the only peaople on the Devils who are tough are from Europe and not North America.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#209 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

Funny that pretty much the only peaople on the Devils who are tough are from Europe and not North America.

Also considering Greene and Taormina are both from Michigan.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#210 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

Like I suddenly forgot how soft this team was and how they gave up on JL. What makes management think he's going motivate them this time around?

Here comes the line shuffling, even if they're working. There goes Tedenby's progress too....Bergfors part deux. Fvck Lemaire

believe-3devils.jpg

#211 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

Here comes the line shuffling, even if they're working. There goes Tedenby's progress too....Bergfors part deux. Fvck Lemaire

So the lines have been set how many back to back games this year? Wasn't Bergfors a healthy scratch on saturday?
Joe

#212 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image -Thought I'd come back just to do that.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#213 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

A little late imo

815631765.gif

#214 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

So the lines have been set how many back to back games this year? Wasn't Bergfors a healthy scratch on saturday?

Didn't Kovalchuk score 40+ each year?? Whatever they do in Atlanta is their business but Bergfors has put up more point than our entire roster except Elias (tied with Kovalchuk), only good for 7th in his team but still good. I referred to progress by the way, no matter how well Bergfors played, Lemaire kept moving him arund even to the fourth line, yet he kept Zharkov and his complete lack of offensive production around for a loooong time. I don't hink he likes Swedish players :noclue:

I said even if they work meaning even if the score 10 goals in 3 games, by they 4th they'll be split. This year nothing has worked so why keep them; injuries have forced changes too, so far.

I bet Salmela is super-duper happy too. Here comes even more softness, again.

FVCK LEMAIRE

Edited by cubanjd305, 23 December 2010 - 01:52 PM.

believe-3devils.jpg

#215 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

This was long overdue in my opinion. We'll never quite know what happened in the dressing room, what the real problem was. But (i personally don't know lemaire, happened before i really had a chance to follow the devils) maybe that can turn things around. We will see tonight!
Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#216 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

This is exactly what I wanted for Christmas :yea:

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#217 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

Posted Image -Thought I'd come back just to do that.

Where have you been ??? Didn't see you posting for a while now.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#218 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,381 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Damn, there is a good chance this team ends up on a 95 point pace or better with Lemaire to finish this season. Which may take us out of top 5 pick range.

Strome Strome Strome
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#219 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

I feel sorry for Mac. If he was coaching last year I have a good hunch we'd be singing his praises as coach of the year.

IMHO it's the team. Maybe Lemaire will turn us around but turn us around to what? Yes we are far from being mathematically eliminated from contention but realistically we would have to win like 10 games and hope everyone else goes on a massive losing streak. I am not saying I don't believe in my team but playoff bound? Gotta take a miracle.

Would the Devils have been like this Lemaire was coach this year? Who knows. It made sense to make Mac coach and if I remember correctly a majority of the fans wanted the move. I do put SOME of the blame on his coaching skills but you honestly cant say it's just him. That's just silly.

Keep him as Assistant coach. He made a fine assistant coach.

n2eg.jpg

#220 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

Damn, there is a good chance this team ends up on a 95 point pace or better with Lemaire to finish this season. Which may take us out of top 5 pick range. Strome Strome Strome

Even if I think 95 is impossible it still puts you in the playoffs.

Edited by SS-SS, 23 December 2010 - 02:00 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users