295 replies to this topic

#221 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,447 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

lemaire got a lot out of bergfors before things turned sour with him. if tedenby needs more ice time he can always go to the minor leagues. zharkov should have played a lot of minutes, and hopefully that's lou's first act post roster freeze is to free zharkov.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#222 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

Lemaire? I guess Lou really wants to make sure Langs is gone lol

#223 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:02 PM

Even if I think 95 is impossible it still puts you in the playoffs.

95 pace from here on out. High 70's in points I think.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#224 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

throw in Rolston

Lemaire is a lame duck coach at this point and will not command any personnel changes, as he won't be around to execute those changes next year.

I'm afraid we'll tank even more...

#225 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

95 pace from here on out. High 70's in points I think.

Why does everyone think the coach will magically put us on a pace to make the playoffs (if the season started today)? We can't score, and can't defend. I agree that Mac wasn't working out, but it was a lot of the personnel too

#226 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:08 PM

Even if I think 95 is impossible it still puts you in the playoffs.

i think he was talking about the pace - not total.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#227 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:09 PM

Lemaire is a lame duck coach at this point and will not command any personnel changes, as he won't be around to execute those changes next year.

I'm afraid we'll tank even more...

This is a legit point, I think. I don't think they can tank EVEN MORE, but how are the players likely to view this coaching change? They might be sneering.

Edited by Jerrydevil, 23 December 2010 - 02:09 PM.

#228 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:10 PM

Bergfors also has a big mouth on him. He had alot to say to Lemaire here in NJ and now hes been benched a few games for mouthing off to Ramsay in Atlanta.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#229 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:10 PM

I don't know why anyone thinks we can make the playoffs period. The hole is too deep no matter how much this team turns it around.

We are 18 points behind 8th place with 1 more game played then Boston.

Now I'd love to be wrong about this but I just don't see it happening. It would be an incredible accomplishment if we somehow did.

#230 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

Why does everyone think the coach will magically put us on a pace to make the playoffs (if the season started today)? We can't score, and can't defend. I agree that Mac wasn't working out, but it was a lot of the personnel too

So your saying Zajac Kovalchuk Arnott Elias do not have the ability to score? Hell even Rolston has 15+ goal potential. Tedenby has ability.

#231 American_Psycho

American_Psycho

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:15 PM

Time for this again:

Posted Image

#232 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

So your saying Zajac Kovalchuk Arnott Elias do not have the ability to score? Hell even Rolston has 15+ goal potential. Tedenby has ability.

Of course they can, but what is Lemaire really gonna change on the offensive end?

If I'm not mistaken Kovy did really like Lemaire

#233 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

Of course they can, but what is Lemaire really gonna change on the offensive end?

If I'm not mistaken Kovy did really like Lemaire

Give the team some stability, actually understand how to get offense out of them. Make them a better 5 on 5 team. Lemaire is a hall of fame coach, he has been there and done this.

#234 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

I think that could be a motivating factor for this move. I can't see guys like Langenbrunner, White, Elias being too happy with Lemaire being back. Neither of those three got along at all the end of last year with Lemaire.

It's funny that you say this as Nick Kypreos on "Hockey Central" today told Dano during his interview that,

"the firing of Maclean was done only to make one player happy---Ilya Kovalchuk".
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#235 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

I think that could be a motivating factor for this move. I can't see guys like Langenbrunner, White, Elias being too happy with Lemaire being back. Neither of those three got along at all the end of last year with Lemaire.

It's funny that you say this as Nick Kypreos on "Hockey Central" today told Dano during his interview that,

"the firing of Maclean was done only to make one player happy---Ilya Kovalchuk".
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#236 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

Give the team some stability, actually understand how to get offense out of them. Make them a better 5 on 5 team. Lemaire is a hall of fame coach, he has been there and done this.

Line combinations should be extremely interesting. What do you guys think they'll look like?

#237 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

While I love JL, the team tuned him out last year. I don't see this changing anytime soon.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#238 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,447 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:26 PM

yeah the other guys were really pulling their weight, it was kovalchuk who was the big let down. kypreos still hasn't recovered from the vandenbussche incident.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#239 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

Maybe we'll see that numb nuts light it up now.

#240 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

How can Stevens ask these current players to play the game like he did? Andy Green (like Paul Martin) is just not physical, as is Taormina. (they smack players with their European handbags) If we had a decent D corps, this wouldn't have happened.
Sadly, there aren't any in Albany ready for prime time.

It's not playing as he did (first off he's too modest to SAY that out loud) and second off: Steven just played hockey. Any guy can do it and sure some are more skilled but this isn't about lack of skill now.

Stevens understood that you might not be able to teach superb ice sight, but you can certainly make it clear when everyone on ice has their head up their ass. HOW? By CALLING THEM ON IT physically - not merely verbally. Verbally isn't enough for this crew :noclue: You know, and verbal is no fun these are physical guys who understand physical lessons, not all the mental masturbation that's been going on. :blahblah: who needs all this talk? Get on ice DO it or get you body smashed and smashed HARD.

(:unsure: hmmm... sounds sort of fun)

EDIT: this is the key to the whole turn-around and it's going to get burried by more Kovalchuk bitching and stats isn't it? See what I deal with here Scotty? WTF -- and you're of no help anymore.

So who's going to be my hero and say this in a pre or post game interview so I know you heard me?

Edited by Pepperkorn, 23 December 2010 - 02:39 PM.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users