#121 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

best part of lou's audio presser was at the end:

reporter: how did the players take the news?
lou: i didn't ask them.

:lol:

Gotta love that guy.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#122 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

Is it possible to both LOVE and HATE a move?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#123 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

Lou may not be here. There's some rumors out there that there may be a change in the offseason.

It's time. I think you have to ask yourself why Lou isn't behind the bench. He's done it a couple times before. Why not now? Because he's done here?

#124 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

MacLean just wasnt a good coach.

I couldn't even begin to rebut that. He clearly wasn't.

#125 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

best part of lou's audio presser was at the end:

reporter: how did the players take the news?
lou: i didn't ask them.

LOVE IT.

But Lou really needs to take a long, long look in the mirror for the remainded of this season.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#126 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

#127 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

LOVE IT.

But Lou really needs to take a long, long look in the mirror for the remainded of this season.

Yeah, it's on him. Of course, he may want to move on.

#128 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:04 AM

It's time. I think you have to ask yourself why Lou isn't behind the bench. He's done it a couple times before. Why not now? Because he's done here?

because lou was barely coaching those teams - it was maclean doing most of the work.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#129 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Will be interesting to hear what Langs has to say about all of this and to see how he plays tonight.

#130 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Jacques was obviously the first and only person to fill out the online form to become a General in the Devils Army...

#131 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

Jacques was obviously the first and only person to fill out the online form to become a General in the Devils Army...

:rofl:

#132 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

:rofl:

Lou:

"We teased with signs at different times," Lamoriello said. "It's my fault for waiting so long. Unfortunately, we just weren't getting it done. We finally got our penalty kill and power play going, but for whatever reason our five-on-five did not get going."

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#133 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:08 AM

because lou was barely coaching those teams - it was maclean doing most of the work.

Then why not coach and bring Lemaire back as an assistant who does most of the work?

#134 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

As terrible as this season has been I do feel bad for MacLean, can't be fun losing your first Head Coaching job in the NHL two days before Christmas.

+1

I don't feel bad for him. He did this to himself by donning a Rangers uniform the end of his career.

He's also the Devils' all-time leading goal scorer and the guy who put the Devils into the playoffs for the first time in history.

I can't help but feel for MacLean though. This guy has waited SO long for this, and not only did everything go wrong, but he will be remembered as the coach who ended a 14 year playoff run. And the saddest thing is that it will be remembered as solely his fault, where in reality he got very little support from the players, and some horrendous luck to boot.

Sadly, you might be right.

#135 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

Lou is playing Santa at the MacLean house Friday night,

i would guess johnny Mac will be playing santa at Lou's house. Still under contract I'm guessing.

Him and Rolston to Siberia in exchange for a bucket of snow.

:pray:

the bucket is optional

because Lou knows that lemaire is the better choice. And despite what many think here, he does things to make the team better, not his ego. JL knows the team, and is a proven coach. I'm sure JL didn't want to coach last year and lou talked him out of retirment becasue Lou thought it was the best fit for the team. up until xmas last year, looked like a good fit.

And for all the Lou bashing when it comes to the coaching merry go round. Burns and Sutter were brought in here long term and just didn't work out. sutter may have been foreseable with his close ties to Calgary( a stretch imo), but loosing burns came out of the blue and can't be blamed on Lout at all.

this was not the right team for a first year coahc. Then again, I didn't think Pit was either when they made the move a few years ag so what do I know.

I'll say it again, I would guess after 13 playoff years, Lou shouldn't be fired after 1 missed playoffs. Especially with all the long term moves made over the summer.

just me though
Joe

Edited by Joe B, 23 December 2010 - 11:11 AM.

Joe

#136 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

And why would Lemaire do this?

#137 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

Like it really matters at this point. You could put Scotty Bowman in his prime behind the bench, and it would be a lost cause.

You'd get the same results with this behind the bench.

Posted Image

#138 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:14 AM

Remember when I posted this as a rumor a month or so again and you allllll said I was crazy.....well its true......I refuse to go in my car today bcause I don't want to hear EJ Rhadek and Don Legrecca making fun of us.

#139 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Then why not coach and bring Lemaire back as an assistant who does most of the work?

why in the world would jacques come back for that? lemaire has been a head coach in the nhl for 15+ seasons.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#140 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

If you believe his promise to Brodeur, he has one more year to go as long as Brodeur is here (perhaps another reason to consider moving Brodeur). But I heard from somebody that there is some legitimate disconnect between Lou and ownership and that it wouldnt be surprising to see Lou leave. Ownership isn't happy with how Lou has exploded the team's payroll and limited it's flexibility, and this goes back the past few years, not just this year.

The person speculated the only reason Lou may be sticking is to try and ensure his son, Chris maintains a high-level position in some capacity in the front office. For the record, I do not want either Chris Lamoriello or Conte as GM when Lou leaves. Devils should go outside the organization for a new GM. I hate to use this analogy, but Lou reminds me of George Young with the Giants. Eventually George Young for all his greatness in the 80s got to a point in the early-mid 90s where he just got old as a GM and lost the touch that made him great. The game and the business changed and he couldnt adapt and it seemed moves that typically bore the hallmark of success floundered again and again.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users