271 replies to this topic

#181 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Did Rolston have a lobotomy after he signed the contract with us?

Just had a potential odd-man rush with Zubrus breaking free towards the net, and Rolston just stops, winds his stick back and fires the puck into the defender in front of him, clinging the puck off the guys skates to the corner.

He could just say look Im not what I used to be clearly so can I take a back seat? He can be the backup goaltender...the issue is.....who would take the reigns?

Here's the dilemma as you lay out. Lou will never be willing to do it (another reason for him to go). Also, Brodeur has been unwilling to sacrifice minutes previously. It could get ugly.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#182 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Did Rolston have a lobotomy after he signed the contract with us?

Just had a potential odd-man rush with Zubrus breaking free towards the net, and Rolston just stops, winds his stick back and fires the puck into the defender in front of him, clinging the puck off the guys skates to the corner.

no, he had the "holy sh!t did i rob the hell out of them" moment and said "what do i need to play hard for anymore?"

a cup ring + overly massive paycheck = lame duck syndrome

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#183 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

LOL, Matt Cooke on a PK just cleared the puck into the netting on the other end of the ice, delay of game.

Sorry, watching a competitive game...
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#184 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

Here's the dilemma as you lay out. Lou will never be willing to do it (another reason for him to go). Also, Brodeur has been unwilling to sacrifice minutes previously. It could get ugly.

Right. I agree. I was just saying that he potentially could do that. Not that he would....hes Martin Brodeur and its all or nothing. If Lou approached him and said that Marty would say ok get Montreal on the line and tell them Im packing my sh!t up and boarding my private plane. He needs to get his sh!t together and play well next season and then say no more Im done.

That is what NEEDs to happen.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#185 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

Brodeur with another giveaway.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

#186 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

You know how I know your gay......you listen to coldplay.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#187 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

and langenbrunner tries to add a puck back to the islander logo on roloson's chest... great decision there to shoot waist high..

#188 FrancisM89

FrancisM89

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

K
you really need three different names to make it seem like people are agreeing with your points.

I'm not an alias of anyone...

#189 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Right. I agree. I was just saying that he potentially could do that. Not that he would....hes Martin Brodeur and its all or nothing. If Lou approached him and said that Marty would say ok get Montreal on the line and tell them Im packing my sh!t up and boarding my private plane. He needs to get his sh!t together and play well next season and then say no more Im done.

That is what NEEDs to happen.

If he plays well next year, it's an even worse dilemma. He'll want to come back and the fans will clamor stupidly for him to do so on like a ridiculous 2 yr deal or something.

The time for an end has come for both Lou and Marty to ride off into the sunset.

#190 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

LOL, Matt Cooke on a PK just cleared the puck into the netting on the other end of the ice, delay of game.

Sorry, watching a competitive game...

Want to watch a team that doesn't quit? Watch the Rangers and how many times they come back from 1-2+ goal deficits.

It's proof that when you work hard you'll be in every game, even if you don't have a ton of scoring depth. That's exactly why they are where they are.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#191 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

yeah tonight sucks, if you give lemaire a few games to put his system back into place and get them believing they can score instead of being patted on the head and told they're perfect like Maclean did, they will turn it around.

sunday will be different

#192 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Kovy with a SAVE!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#193 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Kovy with a SAVE!

#194 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted Image

This
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#195 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

You know how I know your gay......you listen to coldplay.

Are you drinking? I don't blame you if you're watching the game, lol.

It's actually a flubbed name when I first signed up back in 02-03. And it refers to an announcer back years ago who used to call some of the minor league games up in New England, whenever there was a good hit or a great goal, and he'd say "That was a COLD PLAY!". Very cheesy but he made it work and kind of stuck and was funny.

#196 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

He's REALLY struggling tonight. That much is obvious. For all the bitching and moaning that has been thrown his way this season, THIS is truly what a rough game on his part looks like, not the sh!t some of you folks were complaining about like against the Capitals the other night. No part of his game is clicking tonight. I know.. I know... it hasn't been clicking for years now.

But in more positive news, aside from the dreadful first period, I like that the Devils are at least trying late in this game. It's clearly over but they're not packing it in. I appreciate that.

Edited by Sickman, 23 December 2010 - 09:22 PM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#197 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

This

I love it

didn't get the photo

of "Marty should retire"

but you are right.

Edited by LucifersDog, 23 December 2010 - 09:23 PM.

#198 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

He's REALLY struggling tonight. That much is obvious. For all the bitching and moaning that has been thrown his way this season, THIS is truly what a rough game on his part looks like, not the sh!t some of you folks were complaining about like against the Capitals the other night. No part of his game is clicking tonight. I know.. I know... it hasn't been clicking for years now.

he needs the next two days to recover... now just make sure his sister-in-law doesn't attend this christmas.....

#199 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

Kovy with a SAVE!

#200 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

Are you drinking? I don't blame you if you're watching the game, lol.

It's actually a flubbed name when I first signed up back in 02-03. And it refers to an announcer back years ago who used to call some of the minor league games up in New England, whenever there was a good hit or a great goal, and he'd say "That was a COLD PLAY!". Very cheesy but he made it work and kind of stuck and was funny.

haha Im about to go start drinking. Nah Im just busting your chops. Its from The 40 year old virgin.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users