271 replies to this topic

#161 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:44 PM

I've got to hand it to Andy Greene. Four goals against tonight, and he is even!

He has been doing a little better lately imo. I don't know if that is because Fayne is so damn awful that he makes Greene look good?
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#162 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

The climb out of this canyon starts this 3rd period.

5 - 4 NJ. Elias in Overtime.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#163 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

The climb out of this canyon starts this 3rd period.

5 - 4 NJ. Elias in Overtime.

Please....share some of your optimism with me.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#164 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

Hmm. What would damage this already tweaked team more...hold NYI to 0 and get one back in the third but still lose 4-2..or battle back to tie and then lose on an ugly play....
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#165 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

son of a biiiiiiiiiiiiitch

why is it roloson is plaiyng so well?!

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#166 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

He has been doing a little better lately imo. I don't know if that is because Fayne is so damn awful that he makes Greene look good?

Probably. Although the when you are a defensive pairing, the suckage is shared equally.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#167 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

We need a goaltender.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#168 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

so this is just unfair... positioning has been bad by marty tonight...

#169 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,813 posts

Martin Brodeur is GARBAGE. Get this clown off the ice. What is his save % today? .500?
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#170 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

5-1. 14 goals allowed by Marty in his last 7.5 periods of play.

Hedberg needs to start against the Leafs on the 26th. And if he wins, he plays again, and so forth.

And Lou needs to work on acquiring a young goalie from somewhere.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

#171 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

This Rolson goalie is amazing. Once i got past his name (it sounds like rolston) i realized that the Islanders have a very good future ahead of them with this young fellow. Funny how all these teams the devils play have some amazing goalie, who for some reason , is less than spectacular in other games. anyhow, just heard islanders scored agian. Just after i opened yet another beer. So if i had six beers, and someone scored after my opening them, the islanders 5 and the devils 1, i have come to the conclusion that every six pack will get me one devil goal. i have a lot of work to do. excuse me.

#172 FrancisM89

FrancisM89

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

What an absolute joke. I genuinly do not know why I stay up for these games. Every man in a red jersey ought to be thoroughly ashamed of the performances they have been putting in.

#173 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#174 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

This Rolson goalie is amazing. Once i got past his name (it sounds like rolston) i realized that the Islanders have a very good future ahead of them with this young fellow. Funny how all these teams the devils play have some amazing goalie, who for some reason , is less than spectacular in other games. anyhow, just heard islanders scored agian. Just after i opened yet another beer. So if i had six beers, and someone scored after my opening them, the islanders 5 and the devils 1, i have come to the conclusion that every six pack will get me one devil goal. i have a lot of work to do. excuse me.

What an absolute joke. I genuinly do not know why I stay up for these games. Every man in a red jersey ought to be thoroughly ashamed of the performances they have been putting in.

you really need three different names to make it seem like people are agreeing with your points.

#175 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

sigh. 13 shots, 5 goals....stats are often misleading but that's an ugly one.
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#176 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

Posted Image

Sad, but true. Just made a pathetic giveaway to an Islander. Geezus.

sigh. 13 shots, 5 goals....stats are often misleading but that's an ugly one.

That bears the hallmark of having a crappy goalie.

Edited by coldply123, 23 December 2010 - 09:08 PM.

#177 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Sad, but true. Just made a pathetic giveaway to an Islander. Geezus.

I love Marty. Trust me. He was amazing. WAS. When you play a professional sport for so long, 1 minor injury turns into a major one (elbow) which never goes away and is always a nagging pain in the ass (pun intended).

Sorry Marty, youll always be the best goaltender in the leagues history but its time to pack the pads up and look into a goaltending coaching position.

Posted Image

#178 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

marty is looking slow out there... i think he should retire after this season... that would leave us with more cap space... then maybe resign as a backup? lol can they do that? i wouldnt mind him a a backup with i dont know? Nabokov for a year then go for Price the year after?

www.SterioDesign.com

#179 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

what the hell is with rolston and waiting for someone to get in front of his wide open chances before pulling the goddamn trigger!?

#180 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

marty is looking slow out there... i think he should retire after this season... that would leave us with more cap space... then maybe resign as a backup? lol can they do that? i wouldnt mind him a a backup with i dont know? Nabokov for a year then go for Price the year after?

He could just say look Im not what I used to be clearly so can I take a back seat? He can be the backup goaltender...the issue is.....who would take the reigns?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users