148 replies to this topic

#121 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

FALSE. You are blinded by stupidity. Pick ANY goalie in the league....put him in a Devils jersey in our goal, behind THIS defense and with THESE forwards...and guess what?!?!?!? THE TEAM WOULD STILL SUCK! Most of you people on here are completely delusional, it's scary....a few weeks ago everyone was blaming Kovy, and now it is all Marty's fault....always need a scapegoat I see

The fact that this team sucks is not an excuse for Brodeur to be giving up the goals that he's giving. I don't care if we'd still have the same win-loss record, you put another capable goaltender in net, and I guarantee you that the games would be much closer than they have been this year.

Like it or not, Brodeur has been BAD this season, and it doesn't seem like it's going to get any better. He has seen a very serious decline, and we are going to have to accept that. I'm in no way blaming this season on him, I'm just stating that at this point, most goalies will outplay him.

#122 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

The fact that this team sucks is not an excuse for Brodeur to be giving up the goals that he's giving. I don't care if we'd still have the same win-loss record, you put another capable goaltender in net, and I guarantee you that the games would be much closer than they have been this year.

Like it or not, Brodeur has been BAD this season, and it doesn't seem like it's going to get any better. He has seen a very serious decline, and we are going to have to accept that. I'm in no way blaming this season on him, I'm just stating that at this point, most goalies will outplay him.

Most back up Goalie's do out play him,night after night....not blaming him for this whole mess...but he's a big part of it.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#123 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

Leafs' bus got stuck in a snow bank. laff

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#124 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

Why do we always need a scapegoat?

What one player on this team has had a good or even passible season?

Rod Pelley?
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#125 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

Why do we always need a scapegoat?What one player on this team has had a good or even passible season?Rod Pelley?

Seriously,this guy is the best Devil along side Zajac this year.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#126 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:23 PM

Ugh. Why did I go through a blizzard to this game. By the way, the conditions were heinous. One of the worst storms I have ever been in. Up there with '96.

Team looks dead. Brodeur is shot. I was at the game. He's a shell of himself. Can't react to dekes and hard shots have him beat routinely.

Andy Greene, Brian Rolston, David Clarkson, and Langenbrunner need to be removed from the team. The first three are just horrible inferior hockey players and Langenbrunner has quit.

Lou has a lot of work to do.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#127 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

Langenbrunner sounded terrible in the post game interviews. Just flat out said the team has lost all confidence.

Firing J Mac was a good first step, now I hope we can make some moves even before the trade deadline.

Edited by mmajeski06, 27 December 2010 - 12:01 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#128 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:21 AM

Wow. Not that interested in the excuses for Brodeur. What's the point in defending him? Yeah, of course the losing is a team effort, but why try to put him above it all?

Very good point

#129 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

Maybe they should revoke the C from the captain and play a few games without it. I know that Jamie will bitch about it and say it was JL's idea but I really think right now no one deserves it.

The person who plays the hardest and tries verbally to get the team pumped gets the C for the next game and so on.

They should try anything to get the blood flowing.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#130 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Why do we always need a scapegoat?

What one player on this team has had a good or even passible season?

Rod Pelley?

also

We don't need one scapegoat the entire team for the most part stinks but Marty can't be held above this because the defense stinks and their isn't any scoring. Marty has been terrible as well.It's easier to single him out because he is in front of the goal and every GA is replayed.

IMO Elias is the best player on our team this season. Jacques agrees and said so tonight. Zajac has also played well.

#131 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

IMO Elias is the best player on our team this season. Jacques agrees and said so tonight. Zajac has also played well.

1. Elias 2. Zajac 3. Arnott (goals wise)

->Elias goes into each game with a skip in his step like its his first game of the season which is nice to see. He is also leading the team with points.
->Zajac busts his ass and has, like usual, been winning the face offs. Lowest +/- out of the players that have played every game this season with -8.
->Arnott has just been putting the puck in as much as possible. its a shame to say it but hes our leading goal scorer right now. I feel that he would be putting these numbers up regardless of how the team is doing but the way things have been going, it just so happens to be the highest number on the team.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#132 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:08 AM

I almost can't believe Brodeur is this bad. Ideally, I'd like to continue to run him out there and hope he can turn it around so a team will want him for a playoff run. But that is just wishful thinking, I'm afraid.

#133 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

Hard to argue with this....

1. Elias 2. Zajac 3. Arnott (goals wise)

->Elias goes into each game with a skip in his step like its his first game of the season which is nice to see. He is also leading the team with points.
->Zajac busts his ass and has, like usual, been winning the face offs. Lowest +/- out of the players that have played every game this season with -8.
->Arnott has just been putting the puck in as much as possible. its a shame to say it but hes our leading goal scorer right now. I feel that he would be putting these numbers up regardless of how the team is doing but the way things have been going, it just so happens to be the highest number on the team.

Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#134 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:38 AM

took me 3 hours to get home..... definitely more snow and blizzard conditions further east. Rt. 78 was nearly impossible to pass through....was stopped on 78 near 24 by state police while a dump truck was clearing the exit for cars to get out, Brian Rolston was stopped next to us in his escalade.....Just took it easy and averaged 25 MPH all the way home... 4 wheel drive definitely helped! roads are very bad but they were better the further west we got!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#135 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

Took me 3.5 hours to get home (to Caldwell in western Essex County).. Had to push the car up multiple hills because we didn't have 4 wheel drive.. I'm tired, pissed they lost, and going to bed

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#136 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:15 AM

Realized 2 very bad things a few moment ago...

1- were playing bad but its not as if were getting 50 shots against every game... Its pretty low.... But most of the goals are due to bad goaltending and ds not clearing players and puck out of the crease... So i know were not scoring a lot but marty is done...

2- while im all excited for a high pick... The lotery is run by the league... Behind close doors i think... Wouldnt be impossible to say that even if we finish dead last that somehow we get something like a 15th pick or something... Im serious...

www.SterioDesign.com

#137 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:22 AM

Realized 2 very bad things a few moment ago...

1- were playing bad but its not as if were getting 50 shots against every game... Its pretty low.... But most of the goals are due to bad goaltending and ds not clearing players and puck out of the crease... So i know were not scoring a lot but marty is done...

A 38 year old goaltender isn't as good as he used to be? My god, who could've seen such a thing coming! Like it or not, we're going to play marty as the #1 for the rest of this year and likely next, so it looks like most people are just gonna have to get used to it (or, remain used to it I suppose).

I can't wait until we're playing some FA pickup, and still sucking. I'm sure people will find another scapegoat; it never fails.

2- while im all excited for a high pick... The lotery is run by the league... Behind close doors i think... Wouldnt be impossible to say that even if we finish dead last that somehow we get something like a 15th pick or something... Im serious...

I'm pretty sure the lottery only applies to the first couple picks. The worst we could possibly (and reasonably) end up with would the 3rd overall pick (assuming we finish absolutely dead last).

Edited by Devilsfan118, 27 December 2010 - 02:23 AM.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#138 Patches O'Houlihan

Patches O'Houlihan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:07 AM

I'm pretty sure the lottery only applies to the first couple picks. The worst we could possibly (and reasonably) end up with would the 3rd overall pick (assuming we finish absolutely dead last).

All non-playoff teams are eligible to win the lottery, but no team can move up more than 4 spots. Only the teams with the 5 worst records can wind up with the first overall pick, and you can't move down more than one spot if you don't win. If the Devils have the worst record, they can only pick 1st or 2nd.
"I won't put big money into defenders, guys who only defend. There are guys out there who make millions of dollars that strictly defend. We don't believe doing that gives you bang for your buck."
- Ken Holland

#139 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:09 AM

Lemaire on the PC said that to him it looks like they are playing together for the first time, and that they don't look like they'd be in good shape.

Well, maybe he's right with the second one. To me they look lost out there, no plan, no knowing what to do when they have the puck, forgotten all the basics of hockey...like they'd never played hockey before. Please start working on this...or else, the embarassement goes on and on. For one mistake we make (which is punished by the other teams, like we've seen yesterday with the pass in the slot....) comes the next one, and the spiral goes down.

A lot of work to do for Lemaire. I expect the changes for the Wednesday game. Or at least i'm hoping to see some.
Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#140 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:25 AM

thank god for the roster freeze ending today

the storm better blow a few players our of newark with it.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users