Photo

Devils Make Up to Fans for 12/26's Game.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

If you werent able to attend last nights game or even if you did go to the game last night, the Devils are offering you tickets to another game in the future:

Tuesday Jan. 4 7:00 Minnesota Wild Ski Hat Giveaway
Sunday Jan. 9 5:00 Tampa Bay Lightning
Sunday Jan. 23 3:00 Florida Panthers

http://devils.nhl.co...vid=DL|NJD|home

Edited by Quinn01, 27 December 2010 - 12:32 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#2 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

Nice. Good job by the Devils.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#3 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

With the amount of free games / discounted tickets the Devils are giving out this year, and seeing as how this team isn't getting better any time soon, Vanderbeek must be bleeding money. We have a lot of high priced contracts coming off the books the next 1-2 years. I wonder if Vanderbeek will keep the team's budget at the cap limit.

#4 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

If anyone wishes to unload tickets for the Minny game, kindly keep me in mind. Considering making that the night myself and Amanda go to the Acela Club and would really like to spend as little as possible on actual tickets to get in, considering how much we'll wind up having to spend at the restaurant.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#5 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

Figures, Devils organization does the right thing, makes it up to fans - three post responses here at NJDEVS.

No props or fan appreciation when they do something right.

What gives?
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#6 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

I got 10 tickets for about 90-100 in the 100's for this game, and well I have 9 tickets (a board member got one), plus my seasons. My parents plan does not include any of the three games listed, so tickets to all of them for them :). 3 free games for attending one game. Not bad at all :)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#7 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:38 PM

The Devils did this last year for the FLyers game in Feburary.

#8 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:42 PM

Figures, Devils organization does the right thing, makes it up to fans - three post responses here at NJDEVS.

What gives?

What would you like? "THANK YOU DEVILS! This does not effect me at all, but it totally makes up for the fact that you've skated a sub-par team with a losing coach, wasting my hard earned money!"

Good for the fans that get rewarded, who gives a rats ass to those of us who don't.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#9 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

The free tickets don't really help sth's much since they already have tickets to those games (and additionally a couple of them were included among the free extras sth's already got). So once again you have the sth's complaining that the partial plan holders and single game purchasers get the benefits over them.

Granted I don't see what else the Devils could have done (maybe offer the sth's a food and beverage credit equivalent of their ticket cost), at least it's better than last year when they only offered discounted tickets to certain games after the Philly snowstorm game.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 December 2010 - 11:48 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#10 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

What would you like? "THANK YOU DEVILS! This does not effect me at all, but it totally makes up for the fact that you've skated a sub-par team with a losing coach, wasting my hard earned money!"

Good for the fans that get rewarded, who gives a rats ass to those of us who don't.

How about - cool - or simply nice to see they were thinking of the fans?
MB- do you doubt that folks here love to crucify them for every misstep, but are silent when they get it right?

In there defense they've iced an above-par team for 15+ years now - so wouldn't you agree you have had your moneys worth for a bit?

Just a thought.
Posted Image

#11 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,267 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:39 AM

DevilinLA, I understand your point and I do think the Devils deserve credit for trying to help out the fans in this situation. I really think the lack of response by people on this forum is just due to the fact that this particular situation doesn't affect the majority of us.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#12 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:41 AM

How about - cool - or simply nice to see they were thinking of the fans?
MB- do you doubt that folks here love to crucify them for every misstep, but are silent when they get it right?

In there defense they've iced an above-par team for 15+ years now - so wouldn't you agree you have had your moneys worth for a bit?

Just a thought.

As NJD4978 pointed out, if you're a season ticket holder you don't care... and the amount of non-season ticket holders that had tickets to the game after christmas that also post on this board and clicked on this thread is probably a very slim number. I think the Devils suck with stuff like this -- sure, it's a nice thing that they did, but not nice enough for me to jump on and laud them: especially when it doesn't concern/affect me in the slightest.

Posted Image

#13 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

As NJD4978 pointed out, if you're a season ticket holder you don't care... and the amount of non-season ticket holders that had tickets to the game after christmas that also post on this board and clicked on this thread is probably a very slim number. I think the Devils suck with stuff like this -- sure, it's a nice thing that they did, but not nice enough for me to jump on and laud them: especially when it doesn't concern/affect me in the slightest.

I get it MB - I'm just making a point.
The next time they make a misstep - and the bitch thread begins - I hope a few of us remember things like this.
Posted Image

#14 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:59 AM

I get it MB - I'm just making a point.
The next time they make a misstep - and the bitch thread begins - I hope a few of us remember things like this.

That's your problem right there. You just said it plural; "things" like this. If new tickets because of a snowed out game is the thing our marketing department is going to hang their hats on, we've got a lot of problems.

Posted Image

#15 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:07 AM

That's your problem right there. You just said it plural; "things" like this. If new tickets because of a snowed out game is the thing our marketing department is going to hang their hats on, we've got a lot of problems.

OK, but in their defense they have been making strides. Some people may dislike the ideas (because its fun to bitch) but there a few things in the last few years directly from the marketing letters I've seen that show that they are listening:

1.) More bobbleheads - they gave us a 4 pack - and FREE for STH's
2.) Devils Army Promotion - at least there is a PROMOTION
3.) Devils Army Generals - letting the fans lead the fans - more fan involvement - thats a step
4.) Free ticket promotions in bad times
5.) Pretty sweet STH holiday gift (by the way what was this years?)

Of course, its not enough - and then someone is going to bitch about ticket prices - but its leaps and bounds compared to the last 5 years or so.

Something tells me that as things get worse that more of this will become really necessary.
Posted Image

#16 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

OK, but in their defense they have been making strides. Some people may dislike the ideas (because its fun to bitch) but there a few things in the last few years directly from the marketing letters I've seen that show that they are listening:

1.) More bobbleheads - they gave us a 4 pack - and FREE for STH's
2.) Devils Army Promotion - at least there is a PROMOTION
3.) Devils Army Generals - letting the fans lead the fans - more fan involvement - thats a step
4.) Free ticket promotions in bad times
5.) Pretty sweet STH holiday gift (by the way what was this years?)

Of course, its not enough - and then someone is going to bitch about ticket prices - but its leaps and bounds compared to the last 5 years or so.

Something tells me that as things get worse that more of this will become really necessary.

Last years gift was awesome, this years sucked pretty horribly from what I heard. But i hear you.

Posted Image

#17 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:39 AM

Good stuff from the devils, glad they did this. This (along with many other things, obviously) is how you draw people back to the Rock.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#18 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:47 AM

What gives?

Figures. Instead of posting something positive, you complain about how everybody else isn't positive enough.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#19 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

Why are we obligated to comment on something that doesn't affect us? I did not go to the game, therefore I do not get this offer. Doesn't make me upset nor thrilled. Explain why every little thing deserves a comment?

#20 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

Nice way to be selfish. If I was a sth and got these extra tickets I would give them to my family or fans who couldn't afford tickets. People are so selfish and greedy sometimes. And hard earned money....is that your money or your parents?
Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users