23 replies to this topic

#1 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

"Martin Brodeur shattered his stick by smashing it multiple times against the crossbar during Monday's practice.
Brodeur's frustration boiled over after Patrik Elias beat him during a shooting drill. "I was just venting a little bit," Brodeur said. Although the Devils as a team have plenty of cause to be frustrated, this has been a particularly bad season for Brodeur. He has a terrible 3.08 GAA and .884 save percentage in 25 games. If the season ended today, those would be his worst career numbers with the exception of 1991-92 when he only played in four contests. Brodeur has allowed three or more goals in each of his last five contests and he has a 3.82 GAA in his last eight starts. This is largely uncharted territory for the future Hall of Famer."

Kovie drops the gloves. Marty breaks his stick over a team mate making a goal on him in practice. Zajac dropped the gloves a few weeks ago. Frustrations are running high. At what point does frustration stop and the players just flat out dont give a sh!t?

Edited by Quinn01, 27 December 2010 - 07:52 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#2 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

Let's see how the new coach gets them to "care" and work as a team :D

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#3 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

*gasp* Is that heart!? This team has some heart??

#4 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

Atleast it was the crossbar and not someones head:

That clip is so much better seeing Elias score the goal.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#5 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Damn... wow...

#6 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

They're still trying to figure out why it's all gone so wrong. I suspect some are also wondering if they're washed up.

I mean things have gone so bad that there have to be several reasons all happening at once. They went from good to mediocre to putrid in a season and a quarter. That'll tweak anyones head.

Mythbusters recently had an episode that showed a slap in the face actually did help people focus when they were severely stressed. Might be worth a shot....
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#7 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

#8 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

I'm not one who is big on smashing perfectly good sticks to show emotion, but maybe Brodeur (and the rest of this team) should break some sticks over crossbars and boards and such during a game to show the fans they give a rat's ass.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#9 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

Kovie drops the gloves. Marty breaks his stick over a team mate making a goal on him in practice. Zajac dropped the gloves a few weeks ago. Frustrations are running high. At what point does frustration stop and the players just flat out dont give a sh!t?

lol, if they're giving a sh!t now when they've lost 7-1, 5-1, 5-1 and 4-1 in their last four games (the last two to the 28th and 29th place teams in the NHL) then I'd hate to see them when they aren't! :blink:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#11 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

We want him in goal against the Ranges Wednesday night? Not me

#12 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

Everyone who play's hockey enjoys it. I just don't get it when NHL players say it's not fun to play anymore when they're getting paid all that money!

#13 Diablo2424

Diablo2424

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:10 AM

Everyone who play's hockey enjoys it. I just don't get it when NHL players say it's not fun to play anymore when they're getting paid all that money!

I say and think this exact same thing, every game I watch. And the games I get to goto you'll hear me say this... win or lose, they still make a minimum of over 10x more than I do at the end of the day, and I work 5 days a week, all year long... :o
First time 2011-2012 Season Ticket holder, Section 123! :)

#14 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:14 AM

I know it's not much, but for some reason this actually makes me feel a little bit better.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#15 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

I think they would be hard pressed to be having any fun right now, especially these last two weeks. Sure they're getting paid very well to essentially play a game, but these guys are athletes and competitive by nature. Losing the way they are has to suck something fierce at this point. They have struggled all season long but have basically become the league's doormat over the last ten games. And if any of them are in fact ok with this, they need to gtfo asap.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#16 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

I think they would be hard pressed to be having any fun right now, especially these last two weeks. Sure they're getting paid very well to essentially play a game, but these guys are athletes and competitive by nature. Losing the way they are has to suck something fierce at this point. They have struggled all season long but have basically become the league's doormat over the last ten games. And if any of them are in fact ok with this, they need to gtfo asap.

Well said. Plus the fact that they are professional means that they have a lot more pressure on them to perform as opposed to those of us playing pick up hockey for fun. Losing is never fun, especially when there were such high expectations on them, and now they are frustrated with themselves and have to put up with the boos from their own fans and constant media about how much they are sucking. They may be more than fairly compensated financially but they are still human like the rest of us.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#17 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:51 AM

Money won't get them happiness, wins will.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#18 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:45 AM

Awesome, you turned an event that you could have potentially viewed as a positive moment, into a negative one.

Kudos, good job. Thanks for creating the thread.

Hopefully events like this will help the team turn this crap around..

I'd imagine that with that paycheck comes pressure. Pressure from the fans, media, family, etc...

I can believe how something like playing hockey can become a stressful (and not too fun) event for players.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#19 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:34 AM

#20 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:04 AM

We want him in goal against the Ranges Wednesday night? Not me

I have thought about this event and think maybe I do want him in net against the Rangers maybe his frustration with himself will put a fire in his belly and he will demonstrate some confidence. If he lets in an easy goal I would yank him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users