Rolston

moustic

From good ol' Roger Dorn, in today's Ledger (among other things):

"I know I have a lot of hockey left in me. I know I can help teams. I just have to be given that opportunity. My salary is high and that could be a sticking point."

Want to know why your salary could be a sticking point there Bri? Because you pretty much did zilch to earn it. Maybe you should've tried a bit harder to help THIS team, the one that shelled out so much money for you in the first place. You were given PLENTY of opportunities numbnuts...you just didn't do very much with them. YOU are one of the reasons this team finds itself in this position. Don't even dream that you can distance youself from that fact.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

whatever, he's saying the right things to leave the organization and i'm fine with that, even though those are blatant falsehoods. i just don't get it - the guy doesn't seem to enjoy playing hockey at all.

LL bringing him here was a great on-paper move that made plenty of sense...just didn't work. And if anything, falsehoods or not, he's at least giving the impression that he'll come to his new team with new life, which may make him slightly more attractive to a potential suitor. It's just the way the words come out...almost making himself out to be a victim of circumstance somehow, when the circumstances were largely his doing (or lack of doing).

LL bringing him here was a great on-paper move that made plenty of sense...

Outside of the contract, I'd agree. I was excited to hear he was returning, but the terms have always been too high and too dangerous considering the over 35 rules which we are paying for now. 5 million was far too much to invest in him and seems the only way we could get him here was by overpaying.

The suspense is killing me.

I wonder if waiving Rolston is just a desperation move or a precursor move. It seems Lou had some trouble making a move because he had no cap space, so maybe getting 2.5 mil in cap savings helps him in terms of flexibility in trade talks.

Outside of the contract, I'd agree. I was excited to hear he was returning, but the terms have always been too high and too dangerous considering the over 35 rules which we are paying for now. 5 million was far too much to invest in him and seems the only way we could get him here was by overpaying.

He was in demand...someone was going to step up. His age definitely made him a risk, but based off his performance, I completely understand why Lou went that route...and yeah, I was excited too when he came back.

The suspense is killing me.

I wonder if waiving Rolston is just a desperation move or a precursor move. It seems Lou had some trouble making a move because he had no cap space, so maybe getting 2.5 mil in cap savings helps him in terms of flexibility in trade talks.

Im hoping for this myself. Its possible he has another deal lined up but needs the room. I highly doubt it though. Wishful thinking.

whatever, he's saying the right things to leave the organization and i'm fine with that, even though those are blatant falsehoods. i just don't get it - the guy doesn't seem to enjoy playing hockey at all.

True. I've noticed with a lot of veterans (not just on the Devils) there is this sense of entitlement regardless of how bad they may play and it almost becomes harder sometimes to motivate older players to have that hunger and 100 percent effort all of the time. You can bunch Langenbrunner into that group as well. He at least has some ability left, but he looks like he hates being out on the ice in a Devils uniform right now.

I'm befuddled he is still on the team. I know you disagree with me Tri, but I think the longer this continues, the more his and Arnott's value slips.

LL bringing him here was a great on-paper move that made plenty of sense...just didn't work. And if anything, falsehoods or not, he's at least giving the impression that he'll come to his new team with new life, which may make him slightly more attractive to a potential suitor. It's just the way the words come out...almost making himself out to be a victim of circumstance somehow, when the circumstances were largely his doing (or lack of doing).

if there was a standing ovation emoticon, i'd be showing about 50 of them for you right now.

i posted something very similar to what you wrote 2 posts ago in either this thread or the rangers one. i have zero sympathy for rolston and cannot wait until he's on the otherside of the ice and volchenkov crushes him.

yes, tri, he is saying all the right things to try and appease any potential suitors but the fact is he dogged it ever since he got his contract. he gave up putting work in, keeping in shape and trying the second he put his x on the line.

take any player out there, yeah the points aren't coming, but they're trying and you can see it. even when clarkson falls straight on his ass every other play, he's still skating hard. this bastard took his paycheck and then developed an i dont give a sh!t attitude, i'm not going anywhere. his conditioning his ADMITTEDLY godawful, his accuracy is non-existent, his awareness is shot, i just hope within the next 20 minutes, some other team thinks he'll change enough to be worth something to their squad.

Im hoping for this myself. Its possible he has another deal lined up but needs the room. I highly doubt it though. Wishful thinking.

He has to be shopping Langenbrunner. Has to. Since Lemaire has come back, Langs has looked absolutely pitiful in those three games and his body language is horrible. He honestly looks like he's trying to play his way off the team.

He has to be shopping Langenbrunner. Has to. Since Lemaire has come back, Langs has looked absolutely pitiful in those three games and his body language is horrible. He honestly looks like he's trying to play his way off the team.

Yea, I think its a dead certainty Jamie is being shopped. I think the setting up for another deal is possible, I just think its more likely Lou wants to get rid of the dead weight more than bringing someone else in at this moment.

It'd be lovely to fleece Calgary out of Boouwmeester, but thats a pipe dream lol

Yea, I think its a dead certainty Jamie is being shopped. I think the setting up for another deal is possible, I just think its more likely Lou wants to get rid of the dead weight more than bringing someone else in at this moment.

It'd be lovely to fleece Calgary out of Boouwmeester, but thats a pipe dream lol

would he get boo-ed everytime he touches the puck after he's out there for a goal against? :whistling:

i mean since some of our fans have set the trend to boo a certain high-priced winger everytime the PP doesnt connect... :rolleyes:

Really? I think his physical play has greatly improved.. With JMac he seemed to just glide around, but now he's battling for the puck

According to some guy on Twitter, Rolston's agent just said that he will NOT be playing in Albany.

Take that for what you will.

If he doesn't get claimed, it proves he really isn't going to try to get back on the team and would rather mail in the last 2 years at $5 million per.

Really? I think his physical play has greatly improved.. With JMac he seemed to just glide around, but now he's battling for the puck

I see it as both, I see him battling hard to get the puck and then being a complete freaking idiot when it comes to moving it.