#1 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...ames-to-watch-9

Pretty sure he could've found a better game on Wednesday than ours. Only picked ours to bash us again.

#2 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

Burnside is the type of guy that farts and actively tries to blame it on someone else.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#3 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

Which part in what he wrote is inaccurate? Yeah I dislike the guy too, but honestly I would have to agree with both his assessment and prediction.

#4 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

never said he was inaccurate. just said he loves bashing the Devils at any chance he gets

#5 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

I have a funny feeling that we're gonna kick ass.
I know it's only been 2 hard practices but you don't know how [positively] it effects them.

I still believe we can get a couple of long winning streaks and get into that 8th seed.

Just my 2 cents.

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#6 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

8th seed?? I'm praying for the top pick at this point, I want long losing streaks!! I thought that was why LL brought back Lemaire...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#7 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:07 PM

I know it's only been 2 hard practices but you don't know how [positively] it effects them.

I still believe we can get a couple of long winning streaks and get into that 8th seed.

Just my 2 cents.

22 points out with 47 to play. you do realize that means the Devils have earned fewer points than the distance between their place in the standings and the 8 seed?

#8 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

Yeah man it's gonna be real tough. They have to win at least 35 games and get a few OTL points to have a chance.

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

Just my 2 cents.

Do you still believe in the tooth fairy too? How 'bout the Easter bunny?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#10 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

All i said was the Easter bunny at the Menlo park mall was more convincing...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#11 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

So y'all r a half empty kinda ppl?

I hope they do it and y'all r going 2 look like idiots when they do.

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#12 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

want to bet that they don't?

#13 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

All i said was the Easter bunny at the Menlo park mall was more convincing...

Chocolate covered pretzel?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#14 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

Chocolate covered pretzel?

Are they a little melty? That's the only way I like em
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#15 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

Burnside is the type of guy that farts and actively tries to blame it on someone else.

Better yet, farts and enjoys the scent emanating from his rectum...

#16 twillms73

twillms73

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

Agreed. It's not that he happens to be right about the current state of the team. It's the snugness in which he writes. It is painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that he has had it out for the Devils since day one. What is also obvious is how little he truly knows about the game. Sadly for them, that seems to fit the mold for ESPN hockey writers. They are glorified blog writers who just bitch and moan about any team not named Penguins or Rangers.

never said he was inaccurate. just said he loves bashing the Devils at any chance he gets

Tom Willms
IYMSportsRadio.com

#17 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

More like realistic, there's no way a team that hasn't won more than two in a row in an ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR is going to magically rip off a .750 record the second half of the season, this isn't a cheesy B-movie.

Because this hasn't happened in a generation some of you have no appreciation how big of a hole this is :lol: It's not even that we're behind 22 points, it's that we have to pass seven teams as well, just to get to the eighth seed. And given the fact the projected point total of the eighth seed is 90+ points that makes it much worse, this isn't the NBA where you can make the playoffs with a 35-47 record.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#18 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:09 AM

More like realistic, there's no way a team that hasn't won more than two in a row in an ENTIRE CALENDAR YEAR is going to magically rip off a .750 record the second half of the season, this isn't a cheesy B-movie.

Because this hasn't happened in a generation some of you have no appreciation how big of a hole this is :lol: It's not even that we're behind 22 points, it's that we have to pass seven teams as well, just to get to the eighth seed. And given the fact the projected point total of the eighth seed is 90+ points that makes it much worse, this isn't the NBA where you can make the playoffs with a 35-47 record.

It's only one person in this thread who thinks this is going to be end like the first Major League. The rest of us are firmly grounded in reality.

#19 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

Agreed. It's not that he happens to be right about the current state of the team. It's the snugness in which he writes. It is painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that he has had it out for the Devils since day one. What is also obvious is how little he truly knows about the game. Sadly for them, that seems to fit the mold for ESPN hockey writers. They are glorified blog writers who just bitch and moan about any team not named Penguins or Rangers.

Burnside has been making the same prediction about the Devils for the last five seasons. Yes, he finally got it right this season...he's probably telling everyone who'll listen "See...I knew it all along!"

Like Opie and Anthony used to say "You don't go to CNN to hear dick jokes; don't listen to us to hear hard-hitting news." In that same vein, I don't go to ESPN for legitimate hockey talk.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#20 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

It's only one person in this thread who thinks this is going to be end like the first Major League. The rest of us are firmly grounded in reality.

I was thinking Bad News Bears but I don't know, those kids had character.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users