219 replies to this topic

#121 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:42 PM

how many times this year did we score... just to see Marty giving up a softy within a minute after... ?

serious question here... how many times???

Well, I can tell you this team is CONSISTENTLY giving up softies and not scoring.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#122 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

I am laughing at the rangers fans! LOL. Who buys tickets at FOUR times face value????

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#123 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

ladies, gentelmen, and all you other people, the positive to take away from this:

this time tomorrow, Brian Rolston will be off our hands and we'll have $2.5 million more in cap space

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#124 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

ladies, gentelmen, and all you other people, the positive to take away from this:

this time tomorrow, Brian Rolston will be off our hands and we'll have $2.5 million more in cap space

amen

#125 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

I will miss Rolston! :( but not his cap hit!

#126 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

I have a hard time finding any sort of sympathy for rolston. He's been a letdown since day 1.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#127 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

i wont miss rolston's dogging it on shift after shift, his shots wide of the net, and lack of energy.

i laughed out loud literally at work reading his quotes to TG on twitter.

excited to get a 2nd chance? kiss my ass, you should have been viewing each season as a 2nd chance, you took your contract for granted, took advantage of the salary and the team paid the price with his complete and utter lack of productivity.

good riddance, he's was better at armed robbery than John Dillinger.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#128 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

Isles beat the Pengs in SO.... :doh1: and ended someones point streak :blahblah:

Edited by Dead, 29 December 2010 - 10:06 PM.

#129 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

Isles beat the Pengs in SO.... :doh1: and ended someones point streak :blahblah:

That is good news for our lottery pick.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#130 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

That is good news for our lottery pick.

Exactly. Hopefully they keep winning.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#131 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

This team is just cursed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Rock was being built, didn't they have to tear up a very old cemetary on that plot of land? I thought I read that somewhere. That might explain the luck this team has had since moving to Newark.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#132 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

All I can say is I'm glad I saw the Devils' team that doesn't completely suck tonite down here in Trenton.
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#133 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Rock was being built, didn't they have to tear up a very old cemetary on that plot of land? I thought I read that somewhere. That might explain the luck this team has had since moving to Newark.

You son of a bitch! You moved the cemetery, but you left the bodies, didn't you? You son of a bitch, you left the bodies and you only moved the headstones! You-only-moved-the-headstones! Why? Why?

Edited by xxchaznjxx, 29 December 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#134 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

It was the best game they have played in weeks, and it still wasn't good enough. At least there was some energy and finishing of checks.

#135 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

Whoopdie damn doo...not like we need the cap space this year with Parise likely out for the whole season now and Salvador having the 'Stevens flu'. Bye bye one guy who can't score a goal, hello twenty more.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 29 December 2010 - 11:12 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#136 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

Ugh. Was at the game. Ranger fans were intolerable.

Devils may have had a ton of shots, but they were not all of the quality variety, and it just appears that the players are like chickens without heads sometimes in the offensive zone. Very disappointing.

Marty had a decent game and made a couple really good saves, but once again it's that softie goal he lets in that kills us, right after we finally scored a goal first.

Kovalchuk had a poor game and something that's starting to piss me off with him is a growing lack of effort of reaching for pucks or ambivalence at keeping pucks in possession in the neutral zone when he clearly has an able reach to get it. He alligator-armed a couple times where he had the chance to keep a puck in or grab it in the offensive zone and literally just stood there or loafed. He also had several more giveaways. He and Zajac continue to have minimal chemistry when on a line together.

I still cannot fathom that Lou Lamoriello gave David Clarkson 2.6 million per year for 3 years. Just cannot fathom it. Corrente needs to play from here on out and Fayne can be let go or sent back down.

Devils need to move quickly and sell off Arnott and Langenbrunner immediately, like tomorrow. Arnott took a couple big hits and looked like he was flexing his left shin toward the end of the game. Last thing we need to this season is lose either one to injury and end up getting nothing in return.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#137 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

Kovalchuk has the hockey IQ of an ape on ecstacy. He's is so fvcking stupid it drives me insane.

You've just described like fifteen players on the team. There was no reason for like THREE Devils to converge on a single Ranger player (and somehow not get the puck or deflect the pass) before Boyle's goal, and there's no reason for Clarkson to do just about anything he does.

how many times this year did we score... just to see Marty giving up a softy within a minute after... ?

Marty got the third star lol. Kind of dubious but hey it partially makes up for all the times he got jipped out of one cause of our 'system'.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 29 December 2010 - 11:16 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#138 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

We haz lots of shots!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#139 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

Kovalchuk had a poor game and something that's starting to piss me off with him is a growing lack of effort of reaching for pucks or ambivalence at keeping pucks in possession in the neutral zone when he clearly has an able reach to get it. He alligator-armed a couple times where he had the chance to keep a puck in or grab it in the offensive zone and literally just stood there or loafed. He also had several more giveaways.

Infuriating.

#140 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

We haz lots of shots!

O Rly?!
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic