49 replies to this topic

#21 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

ESPN is reporting that both Garrett and Kubiak will be retaining their jobs. Sucks for the Cowboys and Texans' fans, though I half-expected Dallas to allow him to stay. I have no idea what's going on in Houston if Kubiak is allowed to stick around.

it suicide if they bring garrett bak. but leave it to the cowboys to get blinded by a mirage

#22 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

And despite all that the fish have the most pathetic tiny fanbases in all of the nfl, can barely sell out any games (except when the jets play) and should probably be a candidate for Los Angeles down the line.

Since say, 2002 or so, the fish have been a DISASTER.

just another fish frontrunner, yes the jets sucked back in 1995 when you became a fan so you had to jump on the marino bandwagon...

Edited by '7', 02 January 2011 - 08:54 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#23 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

And despite all that the fish have the most pathetic tiny fanbases in all of the nfl, can barely sell out any games (except when the jets play) and should probably be a candidate for Los Angeles down the line.

Since say, 2002 or so, the fish have been a DISASTER.

just another fish frontrunner, yes the jets sucked back in 1995 when you became a fan so you had to jump on the marino bandwagon...

Furthermore, Championships are born going head on.. not living in the past.
....if we're going to go back in time, there was a sh!tty hockey franchise that played in New Jersey prior to 1995 called the Devils. Fans would heckle; "Mickey Mouse" -- "19`never" -- and "Just score one"

..I wonder what happened to them. :whistling:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#24 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:15 PM

Fun Jets Facts... 5, 6 have changed but who cares
1. The Jets have as many playoff appearances as the Dolphins have division Championships - 13.
2. The Dolphins have been to the Superbowl more times (5) than the Jets have won the AFC East (4).
3. The Jets are currently tied for fourth all time in AFC East championships, behind the Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills, and Indianapolis Colts (a team from the AFC South).
4. The Jets are tied in Eastern division championships with the Houston Oilers, a team which ceased play in 1997.
5. The Jets have 57 fewer wins than the Dolphins all time (407-350) despite starting play six seasons earlier.
6. The Jets, however, do have 119 more losses (301 - 420).
7. The winningest Jets Coach of all time, Weeb Ewbank, has 213 fewer wins than the winningest Dolphin coach all time, Don Shula - 347 - 134.
8. The win differential between Ewbank and Shula (213) is greater than the all time win totals of coaches Marty Schottenheimer, Chuck Noll, Hank Stram, Bill Walsh, Curly Lambeau, John Madden, Vince Lombardi, and Joe Gibbs.
8. The Jets have never won 3 playoff games in one season in their history.
9. The mark for playoff wins by a Jets coach is 2, set by Walt Michaels, Weeb Ewbank, Joe Walton, Bill Parcells, Herm Edwards and Rex Ryan.
10. The Jets have never played in a stadium built specifically for them (going from the Polo grounds, to Shea Stadium, to Giants Stadium, to New Meadowlands Stadium).

:lol:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#25 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

say what u want but it is prettyremarkable that at 10-6, the giants missed the playoffs

#26 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

say what u want but it is prettyremarkable that at 10-6, the giants missed the playoffs

....it's only remarkable because it's the NFC.. where @ 7-9, you can dream about hoisting up Lombardi.
2 years ago when the 11-5 Patriots missed the postseason, nobody said sh!t.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,070 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:04 PM

....it's only remarkable because it's the NFC.. where @ 7-9, you can dream about hoisting up Lombardi.
2 years ago when the 11-5 Patriots missed the postseason, nobody said sh!t.

That was a pretty big deal actually...they were only the second team in NFL history to do that.

Biggest killer was that they lost all of the wrong games in a strong AFC...they went only 7-5 in the conference and came up short in all of the important tiebreakers.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#28 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

just saw favres post game. looks liek its 4 real this time. he done

#29 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

Yeah 10-6 teams miss the postseason frequently, but I didn't see Giant fans throwing it back when they made it at 8-8 a few years ago :P

I find it amusing that three of the four road teams have better records than the hosts next week and the other game both teams have an even record (actually the Packers would finish ahead of the Eagles if they were in a tiebreak since they did beat them at Philly in Week 1).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#30 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

just saw favres post game. looks liek its 4 real this time. he done

...FAVRE: October 27th, 1991 - January 2nd 2011
Posted Image

Nearly 300 consecutive games played.. over 500 touchdown's.. 71,000 yards.. 200 wins.. 11x ProBowler.. 3x MVP.. 1x Superbowl.. legend!
.......one of the games all-time greats. Thanks for the memories Brett. You will surely be missed. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

#31 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

Wow.....so the Rams go all season playing over their head and now in the very last game with the football world watching the Rams show that the supporting cast around Bradford is truly the sweaty bag of balls we all thought they were back in September......oh IRONY.....

I got my 7-9 team in..... but it doesn't feel as joyous as I expected.......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#32 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

This might be the funniest thing of all about Seattle winning...for the privilege of losing their tenth game by 15+ points next week they go from drafting 8th to drafting 21st :blink: :rofl:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 January 2011 - 11:36 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

This might be the funniest thing of all about Seattle winning...for the privilege of losing their tenth game by 15+ points next week they go from drafting 8th to drafting 21st :blink: :rofl:

:rofl:

oh irony!!!

In the long run it would have been better for the Rams to make the playoffs, but oh well

God that was an AWFUL game.....

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

And the coaching axe has been swung!!!
(via NFL Network ticker)

Eric Mangini..... best of luck in your future endeavors!!!!!

#35 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

:rofl:

oh irony!!!

In the long run it would have been better for the Rams to make the playoffs, but oh well

God that was an AWFUL game.....

Last night was basically a playoff game anyway. The Rams'll be fine, they just need one legit NFL receiver (and Clayton getting healthy) and they can lap the field in the division, unless the Niners luck into getting an NFL QB.

#36 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

Last night was basically a playoff game anyway. The Rams'll be fine, they just need one legit NFL receiver (and Clayton getting healthy) and they can lap the field in the division, unless the Niners luck into getting an NFL QB.

Well they had a couple of guys who ended up on IR who early on were good for them.... Avery and Mark Clayton to name two.... they should be better when they get the bodies back.... it's gonna be hard to imagine the Niners NOT getting a better QB (I'd like to say Alex Smith showed something but that was Arizona he beat up on)

Kolb, McNabb, Kitna, Shaun Hill.....even one of the Raider guys.... there's some decent stop-gap guys out there even.....

#37 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

They had Shaun Hill once, it'd be amusing if they begged him to come back :lol: Kitna's fine but isn't he like Marty's age (38)? McNabb looked awful away from Andy Reid, Kolb's the guy from that list I'd go for but even he didn't look all that hot when he did play.

#38 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Well they had a couple of guys who ended up on IR who early on were good for them.... Avery and Mark Clayton to name two.... they should be better when they get the bodies back.... it's gonna be hard to imagine the Niners NOT getting a better QB (I'd like to say Alex Smith showed something but that was Arizona he beat up on)

Kolb, McNabb, Kitna, Shaun Hill.....even one of the Raider guys.... there's some decent stop-gap guys out there even.....

Avery's about as tough as glass. This is the second year he's been on IR inside of the first few weeks IIRC, he shouldn't be in their long-term plans.

re: Niners QB, I actually think they might draft one, but if they don't they're probably in on the stopgap peoples. I still think McNabb is going to Arizona if he gets cut/traded, and Kolb will go to Minnesota vis-a-vie Joe Webb (is there a more perfect Vick backup?) + pick in a trade. This, of course, assumes that Vick extends for big money in an Eagles uni. Kitna and Hill will have problems pulling a legit starting job.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#39 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

They had Shaun Hill once, it'd be amusing if they begged him to come back :lol: Kitna's fine but isn't he like Marty's age (38)? McNabb looked awful away from Andy Reid, Kolb's the guy from that list I'd go for but even he didn't look all that hot when he did play.

They'd have been a playoff team with Hill.... oh irony :lol:

I think Kitna would be a 1-2 year stop gap guy you put out there to let your top draft pick get ready and learn from a capable pro.....

Kolb actually looked good mid-season when he filled in when Puppy Power had his rib injury.......

Also another guy to put on the list.... my boy Kyle Orton!!!

#40 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

We need a wild card playoffs thread. C'mon Crash, only 4 games this week.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users