Photo

The Carroll Rule?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: The Carroll Rule? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

The Seattle Seahawks made the playoffs at 7-9. In light of this, should the NFL make a rule change to its playoff system?

1. No, the rules are the rules, and this is about as common as Hailey's Comet (6 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

2. No, I'm a Seahawks fan and I'm lovin' it. (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Yes, the sub-.500 team should go on the road. (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

4. Yes, a team must crack .500 to be "playoff-eligible" (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

5. Yes, it's time for a division realignment (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Yes, I'm a Giant/Buc fan and I'm pissed my 10-6 team is watching from home. (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

Curious what my fellow sports fanatics felt about this question.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#2 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,941 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago.... if you don't want the chance of a sub-.500 team in the playoffs... DO NOT HAVE EIGHT FOUR-TEAM DIVISIONS!!!!!
But God forbid they do that and we lose "competitive balance" and MY GOD teams might be out of the playoffs in October.....stupid NFL sometimes :rant:

Then again there's a 50-page document on what a TD reception looks like now :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#3 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago.... if you don't want the chance of a sub-.500 team in the playoffs... DO NOT HAVE EIGHT FOUR-TEAM DIVISIONS!!!!!

My thoughts, too. This is the way it is set up, and you just have to go with it. The small divisions are good for rivalries and can be bad when you get this year's NFC West. Oh well.

#4 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,941 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

Also to add to this where's the outrage that the 10-6 Packers have the tiebreaker and have to go play in Phily?? OH MY GOD HOW UNFAIR!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hell the Jets and Ravens have better records then their host....OUTRAGE!!!!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users