142 replies to this topic

#101 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,332 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

You think the fins will wear the throwback uniforms again like in 2003?!!!

I wish we would wear them, but I think I heard that they won't be. I don't know why the Fins don't break out the throwbacks, they could sell tons more jerseys and merchandise that way.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#102 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:29 AM

Crash, we got Fins-'Boys on Turkey Day!!

Hey I remember a VERY relevant Cowboys-Dolphins thanksgiving day loss that the team in Dallas put behind them and NEVER looked back.... I welcome that again :evil:

Don't like watching Cowboy games at Sun Tavern?

I like watching as many games as possible, and I'd rather watch the games against the local teams at HOME... I'm less likely to punch a front-running idiot gassed up on training beer that way :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#103 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:11 AM

I wish we would wear them, but I think I heard that they won't be. I don't know why the Fins don't break out the throwbacks, they could sell tons more jerseys and merchandise that way.

Yeah a #91 throwback would look pretty nice on me
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#104 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

Wait, so it's a NIGHT game, so I can be home... and not build a machine-gun nest in the bar to keep everyone away from me.... I'm stealing his line and I don't care.... PRAISE ODIN!!!!!:clap:

Bless you Lad.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#105 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

Wife Charged With Stabbing Dolphins' Brandon Marshall

http://www.nbcmiami....-120536974.html

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall's wife confessed to stabbing him with a kitchen knife Friday night during a domestic dispute.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#106 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:30 AM

Pathetic.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#107 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,332 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

I'm glad he's okay... now I wanna know what he did to make her stab him.

#108 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

I'm glad he's okay... now I wanna know what he did to make her stab him.

She didn't like the way he maligned Chad Henne
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#109 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,332 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

She didn't like the way he maligned Chad Henne

:rofl:

#110 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:02 AM

I love how we're all smart enough to know the judge stopping the lockout means NOTHING and we're all ignoring that "news"

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#111 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

Isn't the draft this weekend?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#112 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

Isn't the draft this weekend?

It's prime time now.....starts Thursday and runs into Saturday...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#113 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,431 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

I love how we're all smart enough to know the judge stopping the lockout means NOTHING and we're all ignoring that "news"

I find it hilarious that the NFL's having a draft on the one hand, while on the other doing everything to keep the league shut down (giving coaches 'days off' when the players come to workouts that are supposed to be open, not allowing players to be traded during the draft, etc).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#114 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

I find it hilarious that the NFL's having a draft on the one hand, while on the other doing everything to keep the league shut down (giving coaches 'days off' when the players come to workouts that are supposed to be open, not allowing players to be traded during the draft, etc).

It's the same reason they've stupidly moved this to Prime Time on Thursday instead of leaving it as a WEEKEND thing like it should be..... ratings....the whole drama of what team is gonna be dumb enough to take Cam Newton.... the trades and all the hype of a first round pick... all too big for the NFL to miss out on... and it's the one time the NFL is relevant again until August...

It does suck that you can't trade players for picks.... I'd not know what to do in my Madden league without that :P

#115 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

It's prime time now.....starts Thursday and runs into Saturday...

Shot! I forgot about that. Too bad I will miss it during the NHL Playoffs.

I guess I will just DVR it and watch it on Saturday morning before the rest of the draft.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#116 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:02 PM

Shot! I forgot about that. Too bad I will miss it during the NHL Playoffs.

I guess I will just DVR it and watch it on Saturday morning before the rest of the draft.

Nashville game isn't till 9, you have time for both......

#117 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

It's the same reason they've stupidly moved this to Prime Time on Thursday instead of leaving it as a WEEKEND thing like it should be.

Odin be praised! I could not agree more.

In effect they have buried what should be a huge event into an after thought amongst other viewing options.

I LOVED Saturday draft day, it was a HUGE event for me. It was literally a holiday. The one Spring day when I scheduled nothing and just watched the whole presentation from pre-pre draft 10am through post draft day analysis. But the NFL has never been a fan friendly league in the past decade.

Nashville game isn't till 9, you have time for both......

Nope, I usually don't have time to watch TV till 9pm.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#118 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,332 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

My link

Well now, THIS appears to be some REAL good news. At least for the time being.

#119 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

Hoping Carolina takes Cam Newton. A.J. Green would be a nice player to have, especially with Smith probably gone, but Newton has the most upside for sure. Dareus and Peterson are nice pieces to build with, but not #1 overall upside like Cam.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#120 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,431 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

It's the same reason they've stupidly moved this to Prime Time on Thursday instead of leaving it as a WEEKEND thing like it should be..... ratings....the whole drama of what team is gonna be dumb enough to take Cam Newton.... the trades and all the hype of a first round pick... all too big for the NFL to miss out on... and it's the one time the NFL is relevant again until August...

It does suck that you can't trade players for picks.... I'd not know what to do in my Madden league without that :P

I don't mind the new format myself, especially with less time between picks. It became tedious watching the first round with fifteen minutes between picks and teams sucking up most of the clock when they didn't need to. Plus it's nice not to have to spend a sunny weekend day indoors when your team's in the first couple rounds :P

I would prefer they started at 7 instead of 8 tonight, especially with the fact my team isn't gonna wind up picking till 11:30 but whatever.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users