186 replies to this topic

#121 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

On the bright side, Kovy scored his 20th goal as a Devil.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#122 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Wikipedia says:

Fewest goals: 133, by 1953–54 Chicago Black Hawks

That's only a 70-game sched though.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#123 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

On the bright side, Kovy scored his 20th goal as a Devil.

You can celebrate that one with Tri.

20 goals in 65 GP as a Devil, with plenty of boneheaded plays. Ugh.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#124 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

That's only a 70-game sched though.

That's all I got :) Still, if we get 150...close enough to be sad.

Fewest goals for the franchise (devilsrule.com):

Fewest Goals *184 1974-75 (80)
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#125 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

I think Tampa holds the "lowest goal output" record for a 82-game schedule.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#126 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

I knew this day would eventually come. I just never imagined it would happen with this team. Posted Image

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#127 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:17 PM

At least the knit hats were nice.

#128 devils744

devils744

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

I wouldn't know. Verizon tower had minimal to none when the game ended. Pathetic.

#129 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

And the crap Devils are back.

#130 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

That Minny 2nd goal was such a microcosm of this season.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#131 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

Wow Ive never been more angry at this team at any time than that first period. Pathetic.

Entire game was pathetic.

This entire season.........PATHETIC.

Sigh.

But hey, the hats are nice!

#132 Section21

Section21

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:43 PM

Truly a joke in the Verizon tower. We waited to the point that people had to walk backwards on the escalators as the lobby was full. Three people in slow motion giving out hats. There where easily 2,000 plus people trying to get out standing there only to find out there were no hats. They were calling for extra security because they were afraid of the crowd.

truly pathetic end to a sad night. Worst managed give away I have ever seen.

Edited by Section21, 04 January 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#133 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

I saw positives tonight, especially after the softie Moose let in, the devils did not DIE on the ice completely. They still shows signs of life, and tried to score the tying goal. I thought for sure after that they would be less effective than orange cones nailed to mulberry street in stopping the other team. I am glad they proved me wrong.

I think that goal, will be talked about for 15 years, "yes I at the game when 'that goal' was scored"... In the end however it does not mean a thing for this season, other than something we can laugh at.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#134 hmon

hmon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

I wouldn't know. Verizon tower had minimal to none when the game ended. Pathetic.

They ran out at The Lafayette exit also. So pathetic, just like the team

#135 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

Truly a joke in the Verizon tower. We waited to the point that people had to walk backwards on the escalators as the lobby was full. Three people in slow motion giving out hats. There where easily 2,000 plus people trying to get out standing there only to find out there were no hats. They were calling for extra security because they were afraid of the crowd.

Yes. It was truly a joke.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#136 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

Yeah it very badly organized where I went out as well, I don't know why they just didn't give them out on the way in. Would have made things easier.

They are pretty nice though so they got that part right.

#137 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,038 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

I think that goal, will be talked about for 15 years, "yes I at the game when 'that goal' was scored"... In the end however it does not mean a thing for this season, other than something we can laugh at.

It was really that hideous?! I heard a description on the WFAN 20/20 but jesus f'ing christ I'm glad I missed this one :lol:

Good thing I didn't care enough about the dopey hat to go to this game (especially since it sounds like that was a joke too...how can they run out of hats when there were likely 12-14,000 people there) :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#138 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

what r the actual odds at this pointthat marty requests a trade to a cup contender?

#139 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

They didn't give them out coming in because they remember last year - they gave them out before the Lightning game in which the lights when out, and people were throwing them on the ice afterwards.

If just one person who threw his hat on the ice last year didn't get one this year, it makes up for the fact that I missed out on one. (okay, it doesn't bother me much that I missed out because they're always too small for my head anyway, but still).

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#140 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

what r the actual odds at this pointthat marty requests a trade to a cup contender?

What cup contender would want Brodeur? There was a window to trade him that would have made sense for this team, and we're at least a year past that window.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users