91 replies to this topic

#21 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

I understand that there's been a lot of a$$hole fans this year, but it's a pretty childish move to get someone kicked out for yelling an obscenity or telling someone to shutup. Man up, yell at the dude, or just talk to him, and get it settled. It usually works.

I agree, but it's discouraging to parents if they believe taking their kid to a Devils game will mean dealing with people yelling obscenities all night long.. Doesn't really promote a family atmosphere, and the team needs younger fans coming to games and getting interested in the game

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#22 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:27 AM

The fat guy by me was annoying. He kept bitching about the game. He was wearing a gray sweat shirt with no Devils gear, and kept saying stupid sh!t like "Even the goalie beat you to the puck" when the goalie clearly would of gotten there first before any player. I hate stupid fans.

#23 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,138 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

just so i understand correctly.
i can post free tix in this section but tix for sale have to be posted in the classified section?
fine line if you ask me

If you're nice enough to use the board to give away free tickets, nobody is going to complain if you stick it in 'Hell'
If you use the boards as a place to make money, it's a lot better to do it the same way everyone else has done it.

Look, I'm done talking about this. Send it to me in a PM if you still got a beef, but it really shows how pathetic you are when you bring it back up in a completely irrelevant thread. But then again, I remember unknown poster posting a rather interesting link proving that... hmm... wonder if we should dig that one up.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#24 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

If you're nice enough to use the board to give away free tickets, nobody is going to complain if you stick it in 'Hell'
If you use the boards as a place to make money, it's a lot better to do it the same way everyone else has done it.

Look, I'm done talking about this. Send it to me in a PM if you still got a beef, but it really shows how pathetic you are when you bring it back up in a completely irrelevant thread. But then again, I remember unknown poster posting a rather interesting link proving that... hmm... wonder if we should dig that one up.

if you think i'm affected by 4 year old links about me getting fired, guess again.
I took my 6 figure wrongful termination check and laughed all the way to the bank.

Edited by trailblazer, 05 January 2011 - 12:39 AM.

#25 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

if you think i'm affected by 4 year old links about me getting fired, guess again.
I took my 6 figure wrongful termination check and laughed all the way to the bank.

"6 figure termination check"??? :lol:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#26 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:58 AM

I agree, but it's discouraging to parents if they believe taking their kid to a Devils game will mean dealing with people yelling obscenities all night long.. Doesn't really promote a family atmosphere, and the team needs younger fans coming to games and getting interested in the game

Bingo.
If you have kids that want to see sports live, I always suggest preseason as the answer. I've taken my oldest son to 2 preseason games thus-far. 1 for the Jets, and 1 for the Devils. -Smooth sailing all around.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#27 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

This seems to happen alot more in the 200 level. Downstairs seems much more tame for the most part....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#28 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:04 AM

Sitting home watching the game, I heard people booing Tallinder every time he touched the puck. He is fully aware that he is not having the best season. none of the players are....they are part of OUR team and we need to support them no matter what. Its one thing to say sh!t on the boards or to your friends or in the stands for that matter....but to boo the player on the team YOU are there to see play......Idiots. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#29 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:06 AM

This seems to happen alot more in the 200 level. Downstairs seems much more tame for the most part....

....there's no safe-zone anywhere.
Even if you go lower level and avoid the drunken topside, you're still subject to the chants of the arena. It wasn't bad enough to add; "RANGERS SUCK!" to the potvin song, oh no! We now have to follow that with; "FLYERS SWALLOW!" :thumbsup:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#30 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

You two should hands down win the feud of the year award.

#31 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:10 AM

Even if you go lower level and avoid the drunken topside, you're still subject to the chants of the arena. It wasn't bad enough to add; "RANGERS SUCK!" to the potvin song, oh no! We now have to follow that with; "FLYERS SWALLOW!" :thumbsup:

You are making our fans out to be complete hooligans. There is a good amount of d-bags, but they exist in every arena/stadium in every state in the great USA. The Rock is probably one of the tamer arenas around, especially THIS year. There is hardly enough people on any given night to make any obscene chants upstairs be heard downstairs....

#32 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:25 AM

trailblazer, can't you just say you're sorry so Martyisth3b3st can stop making you look dumb? WHY did you have to go and resurrect that in this thread?
Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#33 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:30 AM

You two should hands down win the feud of the year award.

Definitely, it's certainly entertaining! Makes me eager to read these feud threads :boogie:

But yeah, there's nothing worse than an obnoxious fan of the same team you follow. If I'm at the rock with some rival fans who are really acting like douchbags, I'll have no problem having them kicked out / thinking to myself "My god rangers fans are just stupid, all around". But if I see a STH or someone wearing devils gear, I'll think twice about doing something about it and end up more annoyed.

People need to just remember that kids are here. Obviously, it's a sporting event. People are going to get drunk and act up, but dropping f-bombs with young kids sitting near you is completely unnecessary.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#34 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:41 AM

just so i understand correctly.
i can post free tix in this section but tix for sale have to be posted in the classified section?
fine line if you ask me

Correct. It's not a fine line, it actually makes a lot of sense.
Anything FOR SALE goes in the Marketplace. It's very simple.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#35 sirjohn

sirjohn

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:14 AM

"Martyisth3b3st"- ROTFL at that username.
The annoying guy paid for his ticket and should be able to say whatever he wants. You people are so ready to give away our first amendment rights that it sickens me. You probably voted for Obama.
Besides, only 6 or 7 guys on the team deserve our cheers, and they are mostly 4th liners or forward call-ups.

#36 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

Don't forget "...and Avery paid for it!" :thumbsup:
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#37 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

212. An open letter to the large fan sitting in section 212, row 2, seat 10. You are a fvcking moron. Everything about you is disgusting. When they announced the Devils players, you boo'ed. When they announced the Devils coaches, you yelled "SUCK!" after each one of them. You didn't applaud the team when they came out on to the ice. You yelled the most utterly moronic things at the most pointless times. You screamed obscenities at the top of your slowly-dying lungs even though there was a 4 year old girl in the row behind you. I've taken sh!ts that know more about hockey than you do. You're a loud, smelly, obese hunk of elephant semen. If your face were on fire, I wouldn't even waste the time to piss on it.

And I really, really needed to tell you all of these things. Since I took my 6 year old brother to the game, I didn't think it was appropriate at the time. But if, by chance, you post on these boards: fvck. you.

Obscenities are uncalled for, unless they're directed at Sean Avery.

#38 cj241

cj241

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

Yeah I have a couple STH in my area who have taken to yelling "Hey! - We suck!" after we score.. They pretty much bad mouth the team non-stop unless we score.. I hope they don't renew their tickets, and if this one guy in particular does, I'm going to give him an earful.. Why have season tickets if you're ready to dump the team after 1 bad season? Yeah, because owning season tickets means the team owes you a decent season every year..

Haha - I think I know which guy you're talking about. It's the one on the ends closest to me?

#39 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:19 AM

Anyway, as for the original thread topic, my opinion is that its a Devils game. No one likes annoying people but in a crowd of thousands, and with the team being so sh!tty this year, theres gonna be ppl who are gonna curse and vent at the team.

Maybe its just me but so much seems soft nowadays. Its like people are supposed to watch over their shoulder and scour the crowd for little children so that they everything can be tailored for the little kiddies. Its a sporting event. If you took your kid to a Metallica concert would you be complaining about people using the F-word?

Its a sporting event, these things will occur sometimes. Its not ideal, but lets not act surprised or completely disgusted by someone cursing at the team. We all curse at the team on this board for the most part. So someone paid to do it at the game. Good for him. Its good our fans care and have passion. However, if the cursing gets out of hand then say something to him or tell security.

#40 RickJamesNJ

RickJamesNJ

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

The annoying guy paid for his ticket and should be able to say whatever he wants. You people are so ready to give away our first amendment rights that it sickens me. You probably voted for Obama.
Besides, only 6 or 7 guys on the team deserve our cheers, and they are mostly 4th liners or forward call-ups.

Wow! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here we're not talking about civil rights we're talking about common decency. If you want to stand across the street and hold a sign with some dreck written on it thats fine, but that fact is we pay for these tickets and in doing so agree to follow the rules set out by the rock and the team.

Maybe its just me but so much seems soft nowadays. Its like people are supposed to watch over their shoulder and scour the crowd for little children so that they everything can be tailored for the little kiddies. Its a sporting event. If you took your kid to a Metallica concert would you be complaining about people using the F-word?

Its a sporting event, these things will occur sometimes. Its not ideal, but lets not act surprised or completely disgusted by someone cursing at the team. We all curse at the team on this board for the most part. So someone paid to do it at the game. Good for him. Its good our fans care and have passion. However, if the cursing gets out of hand then say something to him or tell security.

I pretty much agree. Nobody wants the potty mouth police scouring the crowd, but the cursing does get out of hand fairly regularly. I'm a 26 year old who curses like a sailor most of the day, but when I go to a game and see children around me I keep my language civil. Even if there aren't chilren around I don't yell obsentities (and I am a very passionet devils fan) because it's rude and generally uncalled for. Its not that hard to not curse for a couple of hours. Have some respect for the people arround you, otherwise your just a fvckin a$$hole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users