33 replies to this topic

#21 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

So Jacques benches Tedenby by mistake the two games ago and then fixes his error by not even dressing him? That sucks and I hope it doesn't continue. Tedenby doesn't deserve to be sat when people like Langenbrunner and Rolston are allowed to play.

fixed.

#22 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

Tedenby got benched at times by JMac as well. He is a rookie and small so I dont worry about about him missing a game here or there or having some games with small minutes. If he played full time he will be well worn out by seasons end and more susceptible to injury and less likely to be improving on his defense.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#23 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

Tedenby got benched at times by JMac as well. He is a rookie and small so I dont worry about about him missing a game here or there or having some games with small minutes. If he played full time he will be well worn out by seasons end and more susceptible to injury and less likely to be improving on his defense.

It seemed like Teddy was the odd man out because of Rolston having to play. I understand the crappy situation is but how many people would rather have Rolston in the lineup over Tedenby?

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,057 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

It seemed like Teddy was the odd man out because of Rolston having to play. I understand the crappy situation is but how many people would rather have Rolston in the lineup over Tedenby?

i don't even think rolston wants that, so i'll say 0.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

i don't even think rolston wants that, so i'll say 0.

there was at least 1.

JL

I rather not have Lemaire calling out specific rookies in the press so I don't mind the I'll pass comment. Benching rookies a game can have a much bigger impact long term then it does vets. Especially when the team looks so lost that everyone looks worse then they actually are.

Joe
Joe

#26 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

there was at least 1.

JL

When it comes to playing Tedenby or playing Rolston, it's probably a dollars and cents decision. Pay Rolston $5M to sit? Or pay Tedenby $875k to sit? That looks like a Vanderbeek call, if anything.

Tedenby came on like a bat out of hell but quickly showed he isn't ready to sustain that kind of performance night-in, night-out at this level. He hustles and does a lot of things right. But he's also small and, like most rookies, prone to burning out over a long NHL-level schedule. If a message is also being sent that he needs to chip in more on defense, then fine. That's a ton of birds with one stone.

Like Daniel said, Parise was sat a few times his rookie season. No big deal.

Er ... I mean ... DAMN THAT LEMAIRE AND HIS DASTARDLY HEAD GAMES!!!!!!! A POX UPON THEE!!!!!!!!!1!
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#27 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

JL benched Salmela after he fell down on the Clutterbuck goal. In fact according to TG he was paired with Adam Mair as a forth D 'pairing" at practice. Therefore, still in chateau bow-wow. He's had Arnie on 4th line for one game. So all in all he's been holding most folks accountable.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#28 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

This is Lemaire, he DOESNOT like young players... he played w/ Neids mind for years.. Elias & Sykie did not get a real chance until Lemaire was gone!! If the point is to develope players for the furute then LL brought in the WRONG coach .. AGAIN.. I think its time for LOU TO GO!!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#29 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

there is no way that sestito should be getting more ice time than tedenby and zharkov at this point. tedenby needs to be playing unless he's hurt. jl can bench him during the game if he doesn't like what he sees but that kid has to be playing.

#30 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

This is Lemaire, he DOESNOT like young players... he played w/ Neids mind for years.. Elias & Sykie did not get a real chance until Lemaire was gone!! If the point is to develope players for the furute then LL brought in the WRONG coach .. AGAIN.. I think its time for LOU TO GO!!!

Did the same thing to Bergy last year.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#31 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

Just wanted to add from TG today:

Mattias Tedenby, who said general manager Lou Lamoriello had “some soreness” is practicing.

Hilarious TG typo aside, looks like Teddy was hurt.

Oh, wait, I mean HEAD GAAAAAAAAMES!!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#32 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

You do know that there was an inlfux of Scandinavian players in the late 70's/early 80's which thwarted the Habs dominance in hockey. Jacques is still mad! GRRR!

He and Don Cherry sit on the back porch with a couple of iced teas and bitch about it in the off season.

Edited by CarpathianForest, 07 January 2011 - 02:32 PM.

#33 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

"There are so many things," Lemaire said of what he's got to do here now. "We've got young guys that don't know the game. We've got guys that have to get in shape. We've got the whole team that's got to play together. There's a lot of stuff there."

"We've got goalies we've got to get back. We've got scorers that we've got to get them to score. We've got the checkers that we have to get them to check. It's a lot of stuff."

"You have the power play you have to work on so we can get goals, and we have the penalty kill to work on so they don't get goals," he said. "And, we have to be better 5-on-5."

#34 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

So Jacques benches Tedenby by mistake the two games ago and then fixes his error by not even dressing him? That sucks and I hope it doesn't continue. Tedenby doesn't deserve to be sat when people like Langenbrunner, Arnott, and Rolston are allowed to play.

Fixed. :)

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users