33 replies to this topic

#1 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

"Rookie RW Mattias Tedenby was a healthy scratch for the first time this season. When asked why, Lemaire replied, "I’ll pass."

— Tom Gulitti

I just dont see the reasoning behind benching a player, esp a rookie, for not being constant or at the time taking a bad penalty but after JL reviewed it, it wasnt a penalty at all. Could JL be having a bit of a power trip? He had issues with Langs last season, benched him. Zubrus had issues and whether or not it was really an injury or not, he is out. If anyone is going to be benched.....it would be Marty or Kovalchuk.

Is he just using Tedenby as an example for the rest of the team?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#2 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

He had to make room to bring in powerhouse Brian Rolston.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#3 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

We're not in the locker room nor meetings, so we won't know why. Likely if it was play-related then we would know why

#4 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

He had to make room to bring in powerhouse Brian Rolston.

Well in that case I would have rather seen him sit Sestito.

We're not in the locker room nor meetings, so we won't know why. Likely if it was play-related then we would know why

True. Bergfors was benched a few games in Atlanta for running his mouth to much.

Edited by Quinn01, 05 January 2011 - 12:54 PM.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#5 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

Rookies sometimes might just need a game or 2 off to get hungry and get their head straight. Hopefully he comes out next game looking like he wants to earn a spot.
Posted Image

#6 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Rookies sometimes might just need a game or 2 off to get hungry and get their head straight. Hopefully he comes out next game looking like he wants to earn a spot.

Speaking of rookies, I was impressed with Palmieri's game last night. He seemed to work hard and bust his ass, not to mention registering an assist on Kovies goal.

Posted Image

#7 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

Speaking of rookies, I was impressed with Palmieri's game last night. He seemed to work hard and bust his ass, not to mention registering an assist on Kovies goal.

Yeah, I noticed Palmieri a lot when he was on the ice, in more of a positive manner than anything. Maybe part of it was seeing A number over 30 out there :P But seriously, he played decently. I hope Tedenby gets back in the lineup sooner rather than later, the last thing we need is one of our promising young players getting pissed of at an interim coach.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Screw Lemaire. Give the reason. What's he afraid of, losing his interim gig?

#9 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Parise got benched for a few games in his rookie season. It happens. Chill out.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#10 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

You have to hold rookies accountable for poor play. Tedenby doesn't play a lick of defense. He is basically catching his breath for another attack offensively.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#11 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

You have to hold rookies accountable for poor play. Tedenby doesn't play a lick of defense. He is basically catching his breath for another attack offensively.

This team doesn't have a leg to stand on anymore when it does this.

#12 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

It's well known that JL hates Ingmar Bergman movies and Swedish Fish.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#13 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

It's well known that JL hates Ingmar Bergman movies and Swedish Fish.

I much prefer Gummy Bears to Swedish Fish. :D

#14 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

As far as I am concerned, he EARNED his spot about a month and a half ago....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#15 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

JL will probably scratch a lot of our rooks in the next few days...The two young guys that I saw a lot of and was impressed by was Palmieri and Zharkov. Sharky's speed is top notch and I noticed him make a nice move too...Our energy line of Pelley-Sestito-Clarkson actually played well...

What I HATE is that JL said "I'll pass." What in the hell does that mean?? He'll pass? Does it mean he's not impressed?? Does it mean he doesn't want him on the team at all?? That is serious.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#16 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,689 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

What I HATE is that JL said "I'll pass." What in the hell does that mean?? He'll pass? Does it mean he's not impressed?? Does it mean he doesn't want him on the team at all?? That is serious.

That answer bugged me too but what the **** else is new? Every little thing's got to be a state secret like the Kovy scratching. The only reason it ever got out he missed a meeting was all the international attention this received. For all we know it could be disciplinary-related with Tedenby too though I somehow doubt it.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#17 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

Posted Image

I'm here for the party

#18 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

"Rookie RW Mattias Tedenby was a healthy scratch for the first time this season. When asked why, Lemaire replied, "I’ll pass."

The way I read it was that he was passing on answering the question.

#19 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,689 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

How about holding ANYONE accountable for poor play then? Please, Jacques shows his toughness by bullying the kids and letting the vets do what the heck they want. What I liked about Jacques the first time around was he really did treat everyone equally since he hadn't been here before and wasn't attached to anyone.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#20 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

So Jacques benches Tedenby by mistake the two games ago and then fixes his error by not even dressing him? That sucks and I hope it doesn't continue. Tedenby doesn't deserve to be sat when people like Langenbrunner, Arnott, and Rolston are allowed to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users