56 replies to this topic

#41 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

That was definitely the worst-coached game I've ever seen from BB...that fake punt before the first half, really? And I almost thought they were getting cocky in the fourth quarter, taking their time driving the field on that 14-play drive like they were up ten instead of down ten. They ran the clock out better than we did :P

Of course I thought we were doomed beyond belief when we choked away points after that INT by Harris in the first quarter :lol: I really thought not getting a TD would be huge - of course I never imagined we'd hold NE to 14 for like 59 minutes of the game.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#42 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

After watching all the games in the playoffs and watching as many games every Sunday, I definitely think Aaron Rodgers needs to be put in the Brady/Manning/Brees top QB tier. Rodgers looks every bit as impressive as those guys and might have more natural ability. He has an absolute gun of an arm. I think he could sling one in there better than those guys. The key difference between Rodgers and those guys is he can run the ball as well as anyone not named Vick. He becomes so dangerous with his feet. You'll never see any of those other guys take off, but the Packers can go 5 wide and Rodgers can pick up a big 3rd down with his legs all day.

No way the Jets could shutdown Rodgers like they did Manning last week and Brady this week. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. But I think Rodgers is pretty much there. His performance on Saturday was as good of a playoff performance as you'll ever see.

That was definitely the worst-coached game I've ever seen from BB...that fake punt before the first half, really? And I almost thought they were getting cocky in the fourth quarter, taking their time driving the field on that 14-play drive like they were up ten instead of down ten. They ran the clock out better than we did :P

Of course I thought we were doomed beyond belief when we choked away points after that INT by Harris in the first quarter :lol: I really thought not getting a TD would be huge - of course I never imagined we'd hold NE to 14 for like 59 minutes of the game.

Never read these comments, but I said pretty much the exact same thing in the Jets thread.

Edited by devilsrule33, 17 January 2011 - 12:04 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

Well we did hold Rodgers and the Packers to 9 points when they came up here, and three of them were a gimme late when we had to go for it on fourth down in our territory and crapped out. What doesn't get talked about with the Packers is their defense and the D saved their bacon against the Bears that last game of the season when the offense did nothing.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:14 AM

Interesting quotes coming from New England:

"We trust the decision Patrick makes," Mesko told a small group of reporters, including Jeff Howe of NESN.com. "It just didn’t work out in that particular occasion. That’s why the coaches trust him to run it, and that's why they give him the green light, if he has it."

The Jets stopped Chung and four plays later scored a touchdown to go up 14-3. It was one of the turning points of the game.

"We just made a bad mistake," coach Bill Belichick said, declining to elaborate further.

http://espn.go.com/b...punt-hurts-pats

I guess Chung saw something he really liked on that play, but just couldn't catch the damn snap. Still don't think on your own side of the field in the first half is the right time to do it.

Edited by devilsrule33, 17 January 2011 - 02:16 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#45 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:57 AM

Hey Manta was a great game,

even though the Steelers kind of dominated the Ravens

126 total offense lol

I gotta ask how Boldin and Housha made such an huge impact compared to last years..I mean, both dropped important passes and they got outplayted by rookies o.o
Posted Image

#46 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,373 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:20 AM

Brady and BB (as the Patriot HC) are 14-5 in the playoffs, but both really have to look at themselves in the mirror after this one...especially BB. This is three straight playoffs losses now. Two of them were at home (both seasons saw the Pats go undefeated at home in the regular season). And in two of them, the Pats were considered heavy favorites. And in all three losses, the Pats had faced their opponent during the regular season, so it wasn't like BB wasn't familiar with what he was up against.

I don't want to take a thing away from the Giants, Ravens, or Jets, but this is the third straight playoff game where he was clearly outcoached, and where the other team seemed to want it more than his own. In a way the Pats probably weren't as good as their 14-2 record suggested, because they had a lot of breaks go their way in the regular season. What's scary is the Jets really didn't execute as well as they could have, especially on offense...Sanchez had guys open that he missed.

What I really hated about the whole missed fake punt thing was the message I thought it sent to the Jets...hey, we don't think we're good enough to beat you, so even though we're only down by four points we're going to rely on gimmicks now.

One thing that's gone now from Patriotland is the magic, the mojo. They'll still likely finish with 11 or so wins next season, and Brady will put up gaudy numbers, but no one fears them anymore.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#47 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,611 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:51 AM

What I really hated about the whole missed fake punt thing was the message I thought it sent to the Jets...hey, we don't think we're good enough to beat you, so even though we're only down by four points we're going to rely on gimmicks now.

I started thinking that even MORE when they pulled that dopey gimmicky reverse to Edelmann on the series after.... to start going THAT deep into the bag of tricks was reeking of desperation in a time it was NOT called for ......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#48 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

I started thinking that even MORE when they pulled that dopey gimmicky reverse to Edelmann on the series after.... to start going THAT deep into the bag of tricks was reeking of desperation in a time it was NOT called for ......

Again, from the quotes it is looking like BB didn't make that call. Chung has a green light if he sees something he likes from the Jets punt-return formation, and he fvcked up.

I thought the reverse was good play and it worked. They weren't executing with anything else they were running all day.

logokx.jpg

#49 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

If the Jets win 2 more games....two things will happen for sure:

1. 2012 IS a reality: bunker down and take cover
2. I am a full fledged CFL fan

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#50 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

If the Jets win 2 more games....two things will happen for sure:

1. 2012 IS a reality: bunker down and take cover
2. I am a full fledged CFL fan

And you can go fvck yourself in between..
Posted Image Posted Image

#51 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hey Manta was a great game,

even though the Steelers kind of dominated the Ravens

126 total offense lol

I gotta ask how Boldin and Housha made such an huge impact compared to last years..I mean, both dropped important passes and they got outplayted by rookies o.o

It was a great game and a tale of two halves.

We made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes (Rice's fumble, Flacco/Birk hand-off, TJ and Boldin drops), and the Steelers never let up on the gas once they got the momentum.

The difference to me is the STEELERS believe they can win, we have not reached that mental space YET. We made the mental mistakes on offense that losing teams make.

Our D played great and well enough to win, our offense and the lack of production in second half gave the game away.

FYI: We renewed Cam Cameron's contract as OC for next year.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#52 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

And you can go fvck yourself in between..

what a shock, a Jets fan with no class :rolleyes:

Color me NOT suprised, is that you Edwin Anazole?

Edited by LOTCB, 19 January 2011 - 07:20 PM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#53 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:08 PM

I think its hilarious how the mayors are all betting for their teams.

PITTSBURGH -- Mayor Luke Ravenstahl and his counterpart in New York, Mike Bloomberg, are wagering on the AFC Championship game between the Steelers and the New York Jets.
If the Jets win, Ravenstahl will put a Jets "fireman hat" on a Pittsburgh landmark and post a video of it on YouTube. If the Steelers win, Mr. Bloomberg will hang a Steelers "terrible towel" on a New York City landmark. - wtae.com

Edited by Quinn01, 21 January 2011 - 11:10 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#54 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

The Jets are doing EXACTLY want the Giants did a few years ago, being the under dog on the road beating teams and playing good football to do so. Wont be surprised if they go and win the super bowl just the way the Giants did a few years back
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#55 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:26 AM

Best song ever:

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#56 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,384 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Let get to the Super Bowl already.

Crasher: Where is the write-up?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#57 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,611 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

Let get to the Super Bowl already.

Crasher: Where is the write-up?

Tomorrow.... between the snow and the stomach virus I had I've been up to my elbows trying to make up missed work and the like......
This weather has been literally killing me :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users