And ever, the rallying cry.

#2 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

I gained respect for both teams during this series, especially the capitals, but then i lost some for pittsburgh when they didnt shake with washington.

#3 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

Semi-Devils related. It's interesting Paul Martin is only on pace for 30 points. I know a lot of people thought he would explode for points in Pittsburgh, but like Gomez, the Devils don't seem to have been holding him back.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#4 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

Semi-Devils related. It's interesting Paul Martin is only on pace for 30 points. I know a lot of people thought he would explode for points in Pittsburgh, but like Gomez, the Devils don't seem to have been holding him back.

my guess is that he's too busy with his side project of curing cancer (that lou refused to let him do).

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#5 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:12 AM

I should PS I still think Martin is a really good defenseman at 30 points.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#6 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

my guess is that he's too busy with his side project of curing cancer (that lou refused to let him do).

that was for me, wasn't it.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#7 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:11 AM

Back on topic... I DIED when Ovechkin said that. Hilarious. It was also pretty funny to hear all of Ovechkins jewelry rattling around thru his mic during the Winter Classic :lol:
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#8 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

Great series. I really came away liking both teams. That quote is going to leave a lot of people in Pittsburgh angry.

I think Dan Bylsma came away looking the best from this show. Just seems like a good guy and an awesome coach to play for. Boudreau came out the worst. Just seemed like he didn't know what he was doing. I would not want him coaching any team that didn't have the talent the Caps did.

Absolutely loved the players' interaction with the refs. That was stuff was really cool to see. Loved the ref laughing off Cooke's statement that he missed 7 crosschecks to the back, then going to the Caps bench saying, "you hear I missed 7 crosschecks, I must be the worst referee."

You can absolutely tell why players from different teams hate each other, but why guys on their team love that guy to death. They all play a nasty style on the ice, but they are all the same off of it.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#9 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:28 AM

it's worse than that, his actual clip is lower when you consider:

first 7 games: 1-6-7
next 34 games: 2-6-8

the 2 goals came in the same game. well, at least they can say they didn't sign Sergei Gonchar, who isn't going to let Kovy and Andy Greene win the - title without a fight

#10 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

that was for me, wasn't it.

no not really. i do think there's this mentality that the devils don't use their players right and when they leave they always play better. i'm not buying it, especially in the case of martin - he's an excellent defenseman, but he's not going to turn into bobby orr.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#11 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Well, going the other way, we have turned Ilya Kovalchuk into Jeff Friesen.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users