Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#102 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

It's not so much a "what have you done for me lately" with Langenbrunner, it's whatever happened in the 2nd half of last year that led to him checking out, publicly criticizing the coach and whining about his situation and then carried over into this year (with a different coach). I'm good at what I do for a living -- If I went and acted like this for a year with the people I've done good for, don't you think they'd probably react similarly?

I'll always appreciate 2003. But it's time for him to get off my team -- and he should have had that C pulled off his chest before the season began.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#103 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Unfortunately today sports is a "what have you done for me lately" business. Jamie was huge in the cup winning run in 03, but everyone remembers his piss poor play as of late. Good luck Jamie and I hope when he returns in another uniform he gets a little respect from the fans.

Absolutely. Most fans will just talk sh!t about him when he comes around again, and its a shame. He busted his ass for as long as he could for this team. He has nothing but my utmost respect.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#104 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

I think Lou should consider trading Hedberg since we're absolutely brutal.

Would be the right thing to do.....plus bring up the kids and let the old timers sit...I know its alot of wasted money...but they don't do much to earn it anyways....
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#105 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

Absolutely. Most fans will just talk sh!t about him when he comes around again, and its a shame. He busted his ass for as long as he could for this team. He has nothing but my utmost respect.

As long as he could....I wouldn't go that far...not hating him at all...but you can't tell me he gave a damn this year.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#106 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

As long as he could....I wouldn't go that far...not hating him at all...but you can't tell me he gave a damn this year.

For the sake of the argument, honestly, would you give a sh!t? Because I dont know if I would take things so seriously. All you can do is laugh. If you dont, you would cry.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#107 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,111 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

2-14 in there last 16...Devils in all out gutless ++++ mode. I'd be shocked if they win 15 this year
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#108 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

2-14 in there last 16...Devils in all out gutless ++++ mode. I'd be shocked if they win 15 this year

At this point, we are looking at about 22 wins all season (given the benefit of the doubt). My guess....18 wins.

Posted Image

#109 njdevilz4

njdevilz4

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

At this point, we are looking at about 22 wins all season (given the benefit of the doubt). My guess....18 wins.

I hope it works out like the San Antonio Spurs when David Robinson went down for the whole season, they went from a great team to the absolute worst, got the #1 pick and drafted Tim Duncan.....the rest is history. Maybe we can get lucky for next year.

#110 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

Rebulls Viking Crew were great tonight, Alot of props to those guys

Yes they were. Nice job fellas.

I saw Flyers fans start a fight with a 6 year old girl at the south tower. scum bags

Philadelphia sports fans are the worst.

Langenbrunner sits and is out.... same results tonight.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#111 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

Rebulls Viking Crew were great tonight, Alot of props to those guys

Who were those guys?!?!? I saw and heard them all game! If I was not in the club seats tonight I would have definitely went into that section.....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#112 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

Anyone notice they didn't set the time back tto the time of clarksons goal after the review?
Also, I noticed the section next to the redbulls, there were two rows of kids getting involved and having fun. Mission accomplished in my book
Devils.

#113 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

Forgot to mention...I heard this tonight:
Rangers suck! Flyers swallow! And bettman watches!
Devils.

#114 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,418 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:45 AM

Langenbrunner sits and is out.... same results tonight.

lol and you weren't saying anything when the Devils had their only mini-hot streak of the season with Jamie out of the lineup.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#115 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,498 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

Anyone notice they didn't set the time back tto the time of clarksons goal after the review?
Also, I noticed the section next to the redbulls, there were two rows of kids getting involved and having fun. Mission accomplished in my book

They did, clock was at 1 something at the whistle and reset to 2:20 after the review.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#116 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

lol and you weren't saying anything when the Devils had their only mini-hot streak of the season with Jamie out of the lineup.

we had a hot streak this season?
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#117 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

One game is a hot streak for these guys.

That Scotty Hartnell is a wiley fvcker. I wouldn't mind seeing him with the Devils.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#118 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

11/22 - 11/27, three wins in four games. Langs out for all of 'em. That's probably what 4978 is referring to.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#119 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,418 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

11/22 - 11/27, three wins in four games. Langs out for all of 'em. That's probably what 4978 is referring to.

Yep, and then the minute Jamie comes back in the lineup a desultuory 5-1 loss out of nowhere after the 3 in 4 stretch.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users