443 replies to this topic

#201 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,900 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

bleh well i guess manta was right. wonder if this has anything to do with the NTC.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#202 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

if dallas wins first round we get second round pick. i'm a huge dallas fan now.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#203 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Because it sounds like we're going to forfeit our first round pick this season.

Huh?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#204 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Then.. Let's go Stars ; )

#205 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Is the conditional 3rd rounder not for this year's draft? Because it sounds like we're going to forfeit our first round pick this season.

why would we forfeit our first in the only year we could very well be drafting in the top 5?

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#206 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Go Stars Go!

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#207 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

lol, fvck the stars, if they sign before july 1st, we get the second round anyway.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#208 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

Excellent point.

Losing Langs doesn't help re-sign Parise.
I know Lemaire wanted to make White the Captain last year.

Making an attempt at re-signing Parise right now would be a very prudent decision especially if we have the cap space. If we lock up Parise now we don't have to be distracted by it in the summer, leaving more time to go out and sign new players and work out some decent trades. That is unless you want a debacle like last off season with the whole Kovy thing.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#209 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

lol, fvck the stars, if they sign before july 1st, we get the second round anyway.

but if he signs with them after july 1st, we have to send them our 2012 3rd... thats the first part of this move i'll agree is dumb

cause if you give him the choice, you know he'll wait the extra time just to screw us some more.

#210 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

why would we forfeit our first in the only year we could very well be drafting in the top 5?

I'm sorry I was responding to your original post. It sounded like we were forfeiting our 1st round pick this year.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#211 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

but we still get a second round pick, so i guess we are getting a second round pick no matter what the scenario, except after july 1 costs us a bit.

martyb.jpg

#212 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Better re-sign Parise now before Lou deals him for a conditional 2nd round pick.

I'm at < 50% that he will re-sign here. IIRC, we'll have him for next year because he's RFA (or we'll get picks if he signs an offer sheet)

But I'm pretty sure #s 15 and 9 are both available for the 2012-2013 season

Edited by BlueSkirt, 07 January 2011 - 10:46 AM.

#213 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Excellent point.

I know Lemaire wanted to make White the Captain last year.

You're twisting the facts and you fvcking know it. He wanted to give White the "C" in Carolina when Jamie was going to be a healthy scratch to get him some rest for the playoffs. Huge difference. Stop acting like you know what's going on inside that locker room, you know as much as I do.

Edited by RSC, 07 January 2011 - 10:47 AM.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#214 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

I'm sorry I was responding to your original post. It sounded like we were forfeiting our 1st round pick this year.

gotcha, i was just stating having an extra 2nd rounder at some point would be better, especially knowing we'll loose a 1st in the next 4 years.

but we still get a second round pick, so i guess we are getting a second round pick no matter what the scenario, except after july 1 costs us a bit.

yeah, but if we have to give up a 3rd to get the 2nd on top of langs, its a hit against this move.

#215 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

Making an attempt at re-signing Parise right now would be a very prudent decision especially if we have the cap space. If we lock up Parise now we don't have to be distracted by it in the summer, leaving more time to go out and sign new players and work out some decent trades. That is unless you want a debacle like last off season with the whole Kovy thing.

I would agree, but I am not too sure that Parise wants to stay here now. The other factor is that Lou typically waits until the last minute and invites players to test the market and assess his budget.

Parise is in the driver's seat and him hiring a new agent doesn't help. Would not be surprised if he signed a 1-year deal and went UFA.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#216 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,900 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

it's unclear what happens if the stars win in the first round and he re-signs there. i guess we just get the one 2nd and call it a day. it's also unclear what happens if jamie signs between the draft and july 1.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#217 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

Sure it does. The first step in signing Zach is the shedding of salary

#218 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

You're twisting the facts and you fvcking know it. He wanted to give White the "C" in Carolina when Jamie was going to be a healthy scratch to get him some rest for the playoffs. Huge difference. Stop acting like you know what's going on inside that locker room, you know as much as I do.

He did that to piss Jamie off and it worked. The fact that White was his first choice instead of Parise, Elias, etc. was more the point.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#219 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

Sure it does. The first step in signing Zach is the shedding of salary

Langenbrunner was going to be a UFA, so unless the Devils re-signed him his salary wouldn't hinder the signing of Parise.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#220 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

So...Go Stars? But with the way our luck is going this year they probably go downhill and miss the playoffs completely.
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users