443 replies to this topic

#301 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

As I am easily confused and not as rabid a follower as some, we lose one of our next four 1st rounders to Bettman and crew, and didn't we also throw in another 1st rounder in the Kovy deal? When do we have to fork over the 1st to Atlanta?

It was last years 1st to Atlanta, so that part is already fulfilled.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#302 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

I dont care how fvcked we are with the Cap and this season, 1 3rd round pick for our captain is a fvcking insult. Didnt even get a prospect. :doh1:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#303 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

Good deal. You aren't going to get better for a guy with a NTC. I would have liked to have Dallas include a nothing prospect in the deal so I could get excited about him, but this is a decent return.

Although I like the trade for Dallas much more than I like it for the Devils, it was clear for months the Devils needed to trade the guy.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#304 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

New Jersey Devils RIP 1982-2011

Take it away, Bill!

#305 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

Did we lose a first rounder as a penalty by the league in this years draft?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#306 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

if you don't know what the conditions are, it's pretty silly to judge this deal quite yet. this is what you get for not waiting for the deadline, by the way - values go down, not up, because teams don't want the extra salary.

Oh please...Wisniewski got a 2nd and a 5th a couple of weeks ago. If anything teams need players sooner with all the parity and Jamie's salary's not that prohibitive. $1.4 million for half a season.

If you'd told me a few days ago we were getting a third for Jamie I'd say fine...but with all the reports of multiple picks, prospects, whatever - a 3rd does feel like a dissapointment. That said Lou might have had better offers but I'm sure he had to come to Jamie with a list of teams that he could waive the NTC for and Jamie picked Dallas for obvious reasons.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#307 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

Did we lose a first rounder as a penalty by the league in this years draft?

No, the Devils lose a first round pick sometime in the next, I believe, 4 drafts. It's up to the Devils discretion to choose which draft that happens in.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#308 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

Conditional first, really?

Greene a UFA after this season is going to bring a 2nd as well? Why?

1.) Weak draft, teams will be tossing away picks this year like it is nothing.
2.) Greene can fit on any cap crunched team, there will be a bidding war for him.
3.) Arnott should have 3 teams that really need a big center chasing after him. Washington or St Louis could really use him.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#309 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

No, the Devils lose a first round pick sometime in the next, I believe, 4 drafts. It's up to the Devils discretion to choose which draft that happens in.

Thanks
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#310 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

That's true, I was just making the point that this trade has nothing to do with re-signing Parise.

Of course it does, professional sports is not played with phantom money, every penny saved is potentially a penny saved for Parise. The fiscal health of this team is as signifigant a factor in keeping #9 as say the cap situation, or even Parise's desire to stay.

#311 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

I didnt want just a draft pick for our captain. Draft picks wont help us next season. We are going to be in the exact same position next season and Zajac will go.

its not even a guarantee that we get a pick for this coming draft. It could be in 2012.

The Devils will get a pick in this year's draft no matter what. From the way I understand it, the Devils are assured of at least getting the Stars' 2011 3rd round pick. If the Stars win a round this year, that pick becomes the Stars 2011 2nd rounder. In addition, if Langenbrunner resigns in Dallas, the Devils will send their 2012 3rd rounder to Dallas for the Stars 2012 2nd rounder.
Posted Image

#312 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

I didnt want just a draft pick for our captain. Draft picks wont help us next season. We are going to be in the exact same position next season and Zajac will go.

its not even a guarantee that we get a pick for this coming draft. It could be in 2012.

Yes we do, go back and read it. we will at least ve one pick in this years draft.

a THIRD ROUND pick.

:doh1: I knew it had to be bad to take that long... I went with THE LOWEST possible doable option in my post before the announcement. And that's what they had to go with --- and it was only done as a favor.... not to Lou but for Jamie.

This organization is SO EFFED IN THE A!

Calm PK, its really not that bad, we weren't resigning the guy, he has limited value, we seem to have got a half decent return. Better than letting him walk in July, then we got jack.

*puts on best Lou Voice*

"Our next lot is, lot number 25, this peice comes with some slight damage but will still be an effective center peice in any home. Following this we have lots number 6 which is higlhy sought after and has a low estimate, followed by lot number 23 which just fell off the display stand, without being hit, this lot has no reserve"

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#313 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

NTC fellas! Langs basically got to decide where he was going. Dallas made the offer.....we shed $2.9.....Lou took what he could get......end of story.

I would have much rather dealt Rolston's salary. But noone was buying that contract even at half price. More moves will be made and don't expect much in return. Teams will take advantage of our situation.....you can bet on it!

We shed $2.9 million in cap space for the rest of this year only. It's not a Rolston-esque albaltross that the team ridded itself of.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#314 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

Ugh! I'm hopeful we can return to form next season but I think we won't see the playoffs until like 2017.

Give me even money on the Devils making the playoffs next year and I will bet up to 200 dollars.

I dont care how fvcked we are with the Cap and this season, 1 3rd round pick for our captain is a fvcking insult. Didnt even get a prospect. :doh1:

Have you watched Jamie Langenbrunner play? He is Grant Marshall with a slap shot.

#315 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

The Devils will get a pick in this year's draft no matter what. From the way I understand it, the Devils are assured of at least getting the Stars' 2011 3rd round pick. If the Stars win a round this year, that pick becomes the Stars 2011 2nd rounder. In addition, if Langenbrunner resigns in Dallas, the Devils will send their 2012 3rd rounder to Dallas for the Stars 2012 2nd rounder.

so it could potentially turn into two 2nds.

Not bad Imo

#316 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

Cool, thanks for that :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#317 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

Oh please...Wisniewski got a 2nd and a 5th a couple of weeks ago. If anything teams need players sooner with all the parity and Jamie's salary's not that prohibitive. $1.4 million for half a season.

If you'd told me a few days ago we were getting a third for Jamie I'd say fine...but with all the reports of multiple picks, prospects, whatever - a 3rd does feel like a dissapointment. That said Lou might have had better offers but I'm sure he had to come to Jamie with a list of teams that he could waive the NTC for and Jamie picked Dallas for obvious reasons.

Multiple picks was obviously a 3rd and a 5th from Philly....pick your poison.

#318 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

From TG:

How the hell did they come up with that deal it must have got confusing!!

So stars Win in the Playoffs/Resign pre july 1st Langs:

Devils Recieve: Stars 2nd Round pick 2011

Stars dont win playoff round or resign Langs before 1st July:

Devils Get:Dallas 3rd 2011 AND 2nd 2012
Dallas gets: Devils 3rd 2012

Change of Plan Dallas to fail.

Or have i got this all wrong??

Okay that's a bit better than the 'conditional 3rd' that was reported. I'd rather have the 2nd this year since we don't currently have one but then again the 2nd next year from Dallas could be more valuable.

Multiple picks was obviously a 3rd and a 5th from Philly....pick your poison.

Well yeah I didn't want him going to Philly or Pittsburgh, really if you're trading in division they have to be far and away the best offer imo.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 07 January 2011 - 12:11 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#319 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,494 posts

What's all this about a weak draft? Anything compared to the drafts from 2003-2010 would be considered weak drafts, but those were exceptions to the rule. Because we're not hearing anything now doesn't mean that this is specifically a weak draft. The draft is 5 months away. I didn't hear anything about Seguin or Hall last year until like March.

#320 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Nobody was going to trade an established roster player for a rental who isn't really that good.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users