443 replies to this topic

#341 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

No that's why I said I don't know if any of them are ready. I was just pointing out that having another checking line player on a scoring line isn't the only way to have Langenbrunner off the top two lines.

Yes, saw that disclaimer after I responded. Apologies.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#342 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

Wasn't there a kerfuffle because Jamie didn't come out and salute when he was one of the three stars against Atlanta?

Ya, Langenbrunner already knew he was gone at that point, we now know with hindsight, so apparently coming out for the 3 stars was too much since he's not legally obligated to do that to fulfill his contract.

I don't care about the 3 stars really, I just want to emphasize what a sourpuss he seemed to have been, from the outside looking in, for the last year or so.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#343 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

Ya, Langenbrunner already knew he was gone at that point, we now know with hindsight, so apparently coming out for the 3 stars was too much since he's not legally obligated to do that to fulfill his contract.

I don't care about the 3 stars really, I just want to emphasize what a sourpuss he seemed to have been, from the outside looking in, for the last year or so.

If Langs knew he was gone it would have been a nice image for him to come out during the three stars. It would have been meaningful.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#344 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

If Langs knew he was gone it would have been a nice image for him to come out during the three stars. It would have been meaningful.

At least play the part and do a good acting job. Damn, look at Rollie. His situation was WAY worse than Lags. The whole world knew we tried to get rid of Rolston, and that he was only playing because nobody else wanted him and we are stuck with him....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#345 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

if you don't know what the conditions are, it's pretty silly to judge this deal quite yet. this is what you get for not waiting for the deadline, by the way - values go down, not up, because teams don't want the extra salary.

you think he'd have been worth more at the deadline? i'm confused here.

I'm glad Lou asked Langenbrunner to waive his NTC this past offseason, I'm not glad that Langenbrunner said no. :lol:

yeah - nice to know. once you're asked, the writings on teh wall

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#346 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,160 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

I just logged onto NHL.com, and lol at the headline "Devils trade Langenbrunner back to Dallas in blockbuster deal".
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#347 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

Considering Langenbrunner could control where he went, the return is adequate. If Jamie didn't want to go to a division rival, OK. If Lou turned down a better offer from a division rival because they are a rival, then that's dumb.

#348 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

Grabbed this from Devils All The Way over on HF.com

http://hfboards.com/...5&postcount=245

I'm not sure where Tremblay is interviewing right now, but this guy and Jamie sure didn't get along. Tremblay is also the guy who said they wanted to take the C off Jamie last season but they decided Langs would be too mad about it and decided not to.

I wonder where this interview actually is? I don't read HF much. Does this poster have enough of a reputation to where it's safe to assume this post is reliable?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#349 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

I wonder where this interview actually is? I don't read HF much. Does this poster have enough of a reputation to where it's safe to assume this post is reliable?

Ya, it was on one of the French radio stations it was mentioned later. He posted the links over there but I don't know French so it doesn't help me much. :lol: I don't think it's being made up, but that's just my opinion.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#350 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

Ya, it was on one of the French radio stations it was mentioned later. He posted the links over there but I don't know French so it doesn't help me much. :lol: I don't think it's being made up, but that's just my opinion.

Hmmm ... makes me wonder how many Langs stories are gonna start popping up now that he's gone.
Posted Image

#351 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,438 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

you think he'd have been worth more at the deadline? i'm confused here.

depends on the team and the way the season goes but he might have been worth more to the right team, yes. the possibility of more injuries and the need to get into the postseason, plus the diminished amount of cap room and salary he would take up.

i mean it's not likely his play is going to turn around any time soon, so keeping him in the hopes of maybe scoring a C grade prospect or better 2nd round pick would have been silly.

Edited by Triumph, 07 January 2011 - 01:18 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#352 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

depends on the team and the way the season goes but he might have been worth more to the right team.

Max return value probably would have come at the deadline, IMO. But, at this point, it seems like there must have been implied value in just getting him away from the team ASAP.

I don't think the value we got is too bad, considering how badly his play deteriorated and how limited the field of bidders was thanks to the NTC. That last element alone will always drag down returns.
Posted Image

#353 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Lou sounded oddly nervous on the conf. call... anyone notice that or am i crazy?
Posted Image

#354 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

With Langenbrunner having said no to waiving his NTC twice already this year Lou may have felt he needs to move Langs while he is willing to say yes, as well.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#355 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

i want to hear this confirmed, but if its a 3rd conditionally becoming a 2nd, lou did a bad job. that's really terrible when you consider that every other player dealt over the last two years has gotten at least a 2nd and that wisnewski got a 2nd and a 5th.

This may have been said already, but I have a feeling this deal was like the Pandolfo buyout... Lou wanted to "do right" by Langenbrunner, especially since he has a NTC, rather than just ship him out.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#356 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hmmm ... makes me wonder how many Langs stories are gonna start popping up now that he's gone.

"there was this one time, at band camp..."

#357 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

"there was this one time, at band camp..."

:lol:
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#358 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

The only player from the "old regime" that I would keep is Elias. Everyone else, including Marty could kiss my @ss quick and get out of town after this year's debacle.

There is absolutely NO excuse for being this poor in the standings. Mid-pack yes, but this poor no.

It's an obvious team chemistry/synergy thing that is missing. Therefore, disband the troops and re-tool/re-load.

#359 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

His website already has a Dallas theme. Wow, that was fast :lol:

jl15.com

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#360 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

The only player from the "old regime" that I would keep is Elias. Everyone else, including Marty could kiss my @ss quick and get out of town after this year's debacle.

There is absolutely NO excuse for being this poor in the standings. Mid-pack yes, but this poor no.

It's an obvious team chemistry/synergy thing that is missing. Therefore, disband the troops and re-tool/re-load.

Hey, now! Colin White is doing his part.

His website already has a Dallas theme. Wow, that was fast :lol:

jl15.com

He couldn't get out of New Jersey fast enough could he? Great! Another Jacka$$ former Devils player to talk sh%t about how bad an organization we are.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users