Posted Image

#22 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

Wow, just when I thought things could not get worse for Devils. This ship is just sinking quicker.

What were they supposed to do? They had to deal him eventually.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#23 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

I seriously walk away from my computer for 10 minutes, and news breaks that we finally are trading Langenbrunner. Crazy.

Sad note: I officially no longer own only current Devils jerseys. :(

Also, I really hope an answer comes down in the next hour. I have a wake to go to tonight, and it's probably not very polite to be checking Twitter on my cell every few minutes...

Edited by thelastonealive, 06 January 2011 - 05:52 PM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

lol yeah the ship is really sinking by trading a guy who has about 4 non-EN goals in the last 50 games while getting tons and tons of ice time

LOL. I know you don't really understand the game, but this is no longer a team. It has been a fractured group of individuals going on a year now.

Langs will be a great addition to any contending Team. Watch and learn.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

weren't we a contending team at one point last year? what happened then? the whole boat sank a year ago and langs went with it. he'll be an addition to a contending team by some stretch but absolutely did nothing for us. he turned into a cancer and needed to go.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#26 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

I'd have to imagine Lou got some sort of prospect in this trade. I'm not expecting an elite prospect obviously, but an intriguing one is possible.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

What were they supposed to do? They had to deal him eventually.

Very true. But I would have liked to remain optimistic about the future for this organization.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,094 posts

Єklund (2.3% accurate) claims Langs to Dallas. Take it for what it's worth, I'm scratching Dallas off the list of trade partners.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#29 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

I fully expect Langenbrunner to be rejuvenated on a playoff contender. That's not saying he's going to turn into Gordie Howe, but on the right team with the right linemates and right use by the coach, he could be a valued addition.

There's a lot of teams out West who could use him on their PK unit.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#30 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) claims Langs to Dallas. Take it for what it's worth, I'm scratching Dallas off the list of trade partners.

hahaha
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#31 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

Very true. But I would have liked to remain optimistic about the future for this organization.

C'mon man. We're trading away dead weight. Langs clearly hasn't been happy with the organization, likely wouldn't have re-signed in the offseason, and is an aging player that doesn't bring anything to the table for the Devils *this year*. We'll get a draft pick or a prospect in return, how doesn't that up your optimism about our future?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#32 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

LOL. I know you don't really understand the game, but this is no longer a team. It has been a fractured group of individuals going on a year now.

Langs will be a great addition to any contending Team. Watch and learn.

You're right that Langs will be an asset to a contender. However, the Devils are not a contender and the season is lost. He is an unrestricted FA and this team needs to get some kind of return before he walks. The season is lost at this point. Might as well get some pick or prospect for him.

#33 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

Dallas seems likely to me. He had to approve his destination, correct? Id guess Dallas would most certainly be his first choice, if i were a betting man

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#34 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

weren't we a contending team at one point last year? what happened then? the whole boat sank a year ago and langs went with it. he'll be an addition to a contending team by some stretch but absolutely did nothing for us. he turned into a cancer and needed to go.

He turned into a "cancer" when he tried to express the team's lack of faith in coaching direction (constantly changing lines, and punishing the younger players). The team eventually tuned JL out last year and now he is back.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#35 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

How does keeping Jamie Langenbrunner provide optimism?

You make it sound like hes some sort of glue/lynchpin to hope, when hes been terrible for a good while.

#36 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Regardless, Jamie's gotten slower and less productive - he's an older player - and he's UFa. So business-wise its the absolute right move.
The disrespect in this thread is astounding - "A cancer" - Dion Phaneuf was "a cancer" - come on!
Some of the folks here are making him the sacrificial lamb for all that has gone wrong since 2004 - well the ship should be righted now then right?

For one bad playoff season this guy had many years of good ones and some great ones.
HE bled Red and Black for this team - and his blood helped earn you a 3rd cup.

YEs, his time has come.

I wish folks could show a little respect on his way out - thats all.

Langenbrunner was a always a hard working NJ Devil.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#37 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,535 posts

again langenbrunner has been scoring a 4th line rate while being given top 6 minutes. he's done a lot for this organization but his time has clearly run out.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#38 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

You're right that Langs will be an asset to a contender. However, the Devils are not a contender and the season is lost. He is an unrestricted FA and this team needs to get some kind of return before he walks. The season is lost at this point. Might as well get some pick or prospect for him.

Your right. But I just hate to see it as he and Parise had great chemistry.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#39 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

HELL YES! don't let the door hit you on the ass!

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#40 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

I am sad to see Langs go but in the end its better for the team. I say Zajac gets the C but im willing to bet Kovie gets it which would be a shame since hes a nooby to the team.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users