443 replies to this topic

#401 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

I hear you. I was just replying to your noting of a lack of D prospects going first. We can still draft Larsson but keep in mind he probably won't see any action in the NHL for at least a couple of seasons. I think that's one of the reasons why you don't see any 1st overall DMen or very few goalies going first. Defense and goaltending takes longer to groom and most teams want to see some relatively immediate marked improvement after a first overall pick in the previous year's draft.You gotta look at it with the idea that you won't be getting a 1st overall pick for another long while.Defenseman and goalies are 50/50 I think a lot of teams go in with the idea that a forward at 1st pick is a safer bet.

Yea your right and I think that if the best thing to do is to draft a forward with our 1st pick then lets do it but who do we take ???

Sean couturier,Adam Ladeskog,Nugent Hopkins or Strome who seems to be a good one for all the given reasons in the draft thread.

I would completely skip on Saad since he is LW and we got plenty of this in the organization and we seem to be struggling much more at the RW.

The main (top) RW are: Landeskog and Armia
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#402 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Yea your right and I think that if the best thing to do is to draft a forward with our 1st pick then lets do it but who do we take ???

Sean couturier,Adam Ladeskog,Nugent Hopkins or Strome who seems to be a good one for all the given reasons in the draft thread.

I would completely skip on Saad since he is LW and we got plenty of this in the organization and we seem to be struggling much more at the RW.

The main (top) RW are: Landeskog and Armia

Depends on who is the prospects are in the pipeline. Can Josefson and Henrque meet our Centerman needs? Are any of these guys in the draft good playmakers? We really need a playmaking Center for Kovalchuk.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#403 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Sorry if this has already been covered...Is Langenbrunner playing for Dallas tonight against the Rangers?
Posted Image Posted Image

#404 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

Sorry if this has already been covered...Is Langenbrunner playing for Dallas tonight against the Rangers?

Again, for the 4049th time (no offense), no, he makes his re-debut on Sunday against the Wild.

#405 Par9

Par9

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

Good trade by Lou.

IMO Lou has given a a bit to much to many players(Tallinder, Clarkson, Rolston, Zubrus) and when it all adds up it puts them in cap trouble.
Official Keeper of Adam Henrique, White on the PP, and Darcy Zajac

#406 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

Wait, so is langs playing against the rangers tonight? :giggle:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#407 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

Wait, so is langs playing against the rangers tonight? :giggle:

I've been wondering the same thing why isn't anybody talking about this? :horse:

#408 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

Again, for the 4049th time (no offense), no, he makes his re-debut on Sunday against the Wild.

Thanks
Posted Image Posted Image

#409 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

Ill laugh my ass off when Langs gets a goal on Marty on 2/22. :lol:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#410 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

Why?

#411 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

So help me god, if people boo him on his return to NJ I'll lose all faith in this franchise's fanbase.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#412 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

So help me god, if people boo him on his return to NJ I'll lose all faith in this franchise's fanbase.

People booed Madden the other night and I was annoyed. Same with Oduya at the Atlanta game.

Idiots.

But boo Rolston all you want. That sh!ts funny.

Edited by ghdi, 07 January 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#413 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Why?

Just because everyone here thought he was garbage and his career was just about over. I for one just think he was part of a garbage team this season and can only do so much. So I think when he goes to Dallas hell have a HUGE amount of stress off his shoulders and hell be bale to get down and dirty and do what he is good at.....scoring.

Ill laugh because itll be a big F you to all of those who thought he was done.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#414 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

yeah dude?

#415 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

The bigger question is now that NJDEVS.com's favorite sacrificial lamb and red and black player-pinata is gone.

Who will this board turn to as its "scapegoat of choice"? Who will be responsible for the failure now?
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#416 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

The bigger question is now that NJDEVS.com's favorite sacrificial lamb and red and black player-pinata is gone.

Who will this board turn to as its "scapegoat of choice"? Who will be responsible for the failure now?

I say Brian Rolston. A scapegoat that you can't get rid of is always better cause it adds to the frustration.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#417 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

Congratulations! You just accomplished in one post what it usually takes weeks or even months of severe douchebaggery to achieve: A spot on my ignore list!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#418 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

Congratulations! You just accomplished in one post what it usually takes weeks or even months of severe douchebaggery to achieve: A spot on my ignore list!

Did you see my reasoning behind why I will laugh? Not because I am a doucher but because itll rub it in all the other douchebag fan faces. I always had faith in him.

Just because everyone here thought he was garbage and his career was just about over. I for one just think he was part of a garbage team this season and can only do so much. So I think when he goes to Dallas hell have a HUGE amount of stress off his shoulders and hell be bale to get down and dirty and do what he is good at.....scoring.

Edited by Quinn01, 07 January 2011 - 08:37 PM.

Posted Image

#419 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

You must watch hockey with Stevie Wonder glasses. Langenbrunner has poor decision making with the puck, takes slap shots from everywhere and has no legs left.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#420 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

There are several candidates which begins to tell you how bad the problem is.

In terms of unloading the dead wood and getting our cap back under control, Rolston will probably be the easy target but I would like to see David Clarkson moved. For a guy who can't skate and doesn't think the game at a particularly high level, he's still seem to at least have some value to other teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users