443 replies to this topic

#61 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

Via Twitter: Dallas_Dave Langenbrunner to LA for either a pick or a prospect, I'm told. Could be Voynov, but too early to get into specifics. D-day deal likely.

This idea was floating around last night, the LA-for-prospect trade.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#62 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Via Twitter: Dallas_Dave Langenbrunner to LA for either a pick or a prospect, I'm told. Could be Voynov, but too early to get into specifics. D-day deal likely.

I get that you are in a frenzy.
Will you PLEASE stop posting sh!t thats a week old already.
IF its not current don't post it while everyone here is waiting with baited breath ... please (With respect)
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#63 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

agreed, but did we not do this with Elias? or was it Nieds ?

When Stevens went out for the year, we gave the C to Nieds. Elias got the C before the year started.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#64 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

At his worst, he was a glorified past-his-prime 3rd line winger with declining talents and an annoying attitude. His blatant penalties and "who, me?" reactions to those penalties pissed me off. His well-documented sh!t-fit was embarrassing as a fan of the player and the team. But, at his best, he was a 25-goal scorer with leadership and talent. He was no small factor in our cup in 2003, behind Freeze I think he was our best forward that cup run. I loved seeing him lead the ZZPops line, chasing the 30 goal season under Sutter. I'll miss the 07-08 langs, not this years' Langs. He used to be a hell of a hockey player. I'll still wear my Langenbrunner jersey to games with pride, but it was pretty clear that his time was up.

We'll find out if his time was up, but his time with the Devils was clearly up. I'm with Manta and I think he's going to be a solid asset for a contender.

#65 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

greene is worth more than langenbrunner or arnott.

Unlikely as he's been horrible this year. I don't think Lou is going to trade him.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#66 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

We'll find out if his time was up, but his time with the Devils was clearly up. I'm with Manta and I think he's going to be a solid asset for a contender.

if they think they are getting a top 6 forward, they are sorely mistaken. langenbrunner can be effective as a 3rd liner and PKer.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#67 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

Unlikely as he's been horrible this year. I don't think Lou is going to trade him.

When you factor in that Greene only makes 750k, it increases his value significantly.
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#68 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

That's what I meant, his time in jersey was clearly up. I don't know if he can be an asset, but playing with cup-contender talent won't hurt-- that's for sure.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#69 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

I get that you are in a frenzy.
Will you PLEASE stop posting sh!t thats a week old already.
IF its not current don't post it while everyone here is waiting with baited breath ... please (With respect)

I was just posting sh!t that is going around. I havent seen that nor have I seen it on the boards. Just sayin.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#70 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

I was just posting sh!t that is going around. I havent seen that nor have I seen it on the boards. Just sayin.

Read other sites - its been everywhere.
At least try to date reference the Twitter post if its older - rather than just throwing it up - its confusing some folks.
... and everyone is at the trigger with a situation like this.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#71 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

When you factor in that Greene only makes 750k, it increases his value significantly.

Not when you are a terrible defenseman who is overrated as a puck-mover. He's a 3rd-pairing defenseman.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#72 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

Its apparently going around that he waived his NTC, was told he was going and to pack his stuff, but is still waiting to hear where he is going.

Why would LL hold info out on that? That the deal is just about complete but isnt there yet?

Read other sites - its been everywhere.
At least try to date reference the Twitter post if its older - rather than just throwing it up - its confusing some folks.
... and everyone is at the trigger with a situation like this.

Yes sir. My mistake sir. Please dont beat me.

Edited by Quinn01, 06 January 2011 - 06:20 PM.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#73 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

Re: The Langs trade talk ...

TSNBobMcKenzie Teams said to be most interested and locales he's likely to waive for include Dallas, St. Louis and San Jose. Stay tuned.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#74 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Its apparently going around that he waived his NTC, was told he was going and to pack his stuff, but is still waiting to hear where he is going.

...dude, you're re-capping stuff that's been mentioned and quoted several times. Just go easy until new info pops up. Which, in this case, will probably be only when it's confirmed he's been traded, then again to the team, then we wait for the conflicting reports of what's involved (see: Kovalchuk deal involving Clarkson, Palmieri, Josefson, Cormier).

#75 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

Why would LL hold info out on that? That the deal is just about complete but isnt there yet?

Do you really think they (meaning the Devils) say anything about a deal that wasnt done yet? My guess is that there is a preliminary deal done.

Its not a conspiracy, its good business practice. He may also be trying to get a better deal for us by playing teams against each other in the bidding.

#76 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

Not when you are a terrible defenseman who is overrated as a puck-mover. He's a 3rd-pairing defenseman.

like i said during the off season we should have traded him while his stock was high

#77 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

...dude, you're re-capping stuff that's been mentioned and quoted several times. Just go easy until new info pops up. Which, in this case, will probably be only when it's confirmed he's been traded, then again to the team, then we wait for the conflicting reports of what's involved (see: Kovalchuk deal involving Clarkson, Palmieri, Josefson, Cormier).

Yah....I know I am recapping. I was recapping for my question that was right below that. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#78 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Re: The Langs trade talk ...

TSNBobMcKenzie Teams said to be most interested and locales he's likely to waive for include Dallas, St. Louis and San Jose. Stay tuned.

I figured St. Louis wouldn't want another plugger with difficulty scoring; they have talented guys who are having issues putting the puck in the net as it is. They are having a rash of injuries, though - and you know JD is familiar with Langenbrunner.

San Jose... how would he fit under the cap? They're close to it as-is.

#79 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Montreal were interested in langebrunner too!!!.....

#80 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

San Jose... how would he fit under the cap? They're close to it as-is.

They need to move 665k to fit him in.

Edited by Marshall, 06 January 2011 - 06:32 PM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users