443 replies to this topic

#101 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

I agree that it's time to cut the cord, but real Devils fans ought to wish him the best, and not be classless jerks and boo him every time he touches the puck when he's in another uniform.

+1

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#102 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

I've been riding shotgun on the anti-Langs bandwagon ever since he said he couldn't get motivated to play in the playoffs, but once he's gone, the crappy player is gone and all that remains will be the good memories. We don't win in 2003 without Langenbrunner.

But until then, C'MON MAXIMUM TRADE RETURN!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#103 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

I'm with the folks who think that he's done here...but not done period. I think he needs to be rid of the Devils as much as the Devils need to be rid of him. Good luck Jamie.
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#104 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

well i love jamie but right now i ask myself... Why the others Gm wants him.....

a lot of team is in the trade block langenbrunner

#105 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

I've been riding shotgun on the anti-Langs bandwagon ever since he said he couldn't get motivated to play in the playoffs, but once he's gone, the crappy player is gone and all that remains will be the good memories. We don't win in 2003 without Langenbrunner.

But until then, C'MON MAXIMUM TRADE RETURN!

This. Good luck Langs. Thanks for the good memories and 2003.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#106 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

Jamie, thanks for everything, especially for 2003, and for giving us some of your finest offensive seasons. Your contributions are plenty appreciated.

Having said that, I wanted to see him traded last off-season, simply because I thought it was time. Regardless of what the return is, I think this is win-win, in that it's simply time for both the Devils and Jamie to move on...this team needs new voices and a new identity in the worst way. Lots of great memories to look back on fondly though.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#107 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

how about Langenbrunner to Dallas for Jack Campbell? they have Lehtonen which he's not really that old for a goalie... and raycroft for backup...

I would love this deal..Jack Campbell is one of the best young goalie prospects out there imo.. Does anybody have any info or even video on Campbell?? He's a great young American as far as I know...

Edited by RizzMB30, 06 January 2011 - 09:01 PM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#108 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

I would love this deal..Jack Campbell is one of the best young goalie prospects out there imo.. Does anybody have any info or even video on Campbell?? He's a great young American as far as I know...

Isn't happening.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#109 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

Flyers beat writer AnthonySan37 on Twitter says the Flyers are NOT getting Langenbrunner.

#110 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

I have nothing but great things to say about #15. Some amazing goals in Devils playoff history. Game 7 in Ottawa comes to mind, as does that OT goal in Game 2 at the Meadowlands. He led this team the best he can, no shame in the results.

:koolaid:

#111 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

Flyers beat writer AnthonySan37 on Twitter says the Flyers are NOT getting Langenbrunner.

That would so suck if he were to go there; I hope this is accurate.
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#112 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

chere said earlier lou had better offers than just 2 picks.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#113 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) thinks conditional pick, could go as high as a 1st from dallas

#114 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

TG: "All of Langenbrunner's equipment still in his locker."

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#115 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

TG: "All of Langenbrunner's equipment still in his locker."

i bet lou got pissed at the offers from dallas, said i'll call back, went to the box to evaluate who else could possibly get moved with him.

deal's not done, probably wont be until tomorrow.

now Єklund (2.3% accurate) is grasping at straws and back tracking by saying details are sketchy

#116 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

now Єklund (2.3% accurate) is grasping at straws and back tracking by saying details are sketchy

Posted Image

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#117 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

All of this waiting about where he could be heading/what could be coming back is reminding me of Lou acquiring a "mystery player" a couple of summers ago. :rofl:

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#118 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

t4thp says there may be a small deal with columbus on the side, let's go umberger!

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#119 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

All of this waiting about where he could be heading/what could be coming back is reminding me of Lou acquiring a "mystery player" a couple of summers ago. :rofl:

Ahh, Ilka Pikkarainen... Good times... [not really, that sucked]
Posted ImagePosted Image

#120 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

Oh yeah, the Finnish Flash in the Pan. Easy to forget Pikkarainen!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users