443 replies to this topic

#141 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:29 AM

I'm betting Tom Wandell + 2nd or 3rd for Langs.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#142 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:55 AM

Right now there's a lot of sour taste from Jamie's last few playoff performances and from this season, obviously. So I don't feel much sadness because of him leaving at the moment - changes need to be made and it has to touch the bigger names, not just Andy Greenes and Ilka Pikkarainens. But I'm sure when it's all said and done, when the season ends and we get a lot of time to reflect on things, I'm going to remember the best memories about Jamie. We just have to move on now. Just like with Gio, Madden and a bunch of other guys. I'll always remember them as Devils and will root for them to win (assuming they don't end up on the Rangers ;) or aren't playing us on the particular night).

I really have no idea what to expect from that trade in terms of return (especially that we don't know which team is getting him). Hopefully I get to know soon, it better not turn into a soap opera.

#143 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:07 AM

I think Langenbrunner is going back to the Stars as well. Most likely announced in the morning. Why wait till the afternoon when most likely tonight it is a done deal to the Stars. Have to wait and see.

Alright so now we know he will be going to someone other than the Stars and it will be announced tomorrow. :P
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#144 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:11 AM

Right now there's a lot of sour taste from Jamie's last few playoff performances and from this season, obviously. So I don't feel much sadness because of him leaving at the moment - changes need to be made and it has to touch the bigger names, not just Andy Greenes and Ilka Pikkarainens. But I'm sure when it's all said and done, when the season ends and we get a lot of time to reflect on things, I'm going to remember the best memories about Jamie. We just have to move on now. Just like with Gio, Madden and a bunch of other guys. I'll always remember them as Devils and will root for them to win (assuming they don't end up on the Rangers ;) or aren't playing us on the particular night).

I really have no idea what to expect from that trade in terms of return (especially that we don't know which team is getting him). Hopefully I get to know soon, it better not turn into a soap opera.

Whatever sour taste I have from Langenbrunner comes mostly from his admission that he had trouble getting excited for the playoffs. On one hand, we tend to forget that players are human beings, flawed just like the rest of us, and I'm sure it had reached the point that the playoffs had become a formality for many of the Devil players...just like it had for many of the fans. But to actually hear a player (the captain) admit that...at that point, I thought he had to go, especially coming off a players series that had seen the Devils look slow and overwhelmed yet again.

I agree, I don't really feel sad...more like it's time to move on and realize it's over for guys like him...at least it is here. Like you said, I'll remember the good with Jamie.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#145 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:19 AM

all the mainstream media tweeters are saying dallas now, not sure if they are just copying michelle or if they have a lead.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#146 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

I was thinking that Detroit would have been his best destination but if it's Dallas then okay.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#147 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

at least we don't run the danger of watching another ex-devil win a cup again. dallas won't make it past detroit or vancouver.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#148 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

dallas probably won't even make the playoffs, so it will be nice that jamie won't even have to go through that

dallas has a few intriguing B and C level prospects. i'd also love wandell and a draft pick but i don't see that happening.

Edited by Triumph, 07 January 2011 - 09:29 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#149 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

I was thinking that Detroit would have been his best destination but if it's Dallas then okay.

I don't care where he goes. If the Flyers or Rangers offered the best return, then he should go there.

#150 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

dallas probably won't even make the playoffs, so it will be nice that jamie won't even have to go through that

dallas has a few intriguing B and C level prospects. i'd also love wandell and a draft pick but i don't see that happening.

LOL. Wow, when did the NHL change the format in the West that only two teams make it to the playoffs???

I know your pretty limited in terms of your knowledge of the game, but FYI: Dallas is the 5th best team in the entire NHL right now. Highly unlikely they don't make the playoffs

Edited by MantaRay, 07 January 2011 - 09:40 AM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#151 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

It's not over for Jamie. Any sort of disillusionment is a two-way in this case - so I don't feel so badly either. Both sides seem to be very much on the same disappointed page. Madden was annoying because he was so defensive about it all - we're not happy with each other but it's all your fault.

Langs seems to feel at the heart of it that it's just how it is and neither side is going to do anything to change anything so -- it's pretty much done. OR... it can float along like this with each side keeping their passionless end of the bargain up.

My biggest worry is that Lou is bluffing to get teams interested and that his bluff yet again is being called - no takers and Jamie has to come back to the team with a HUGE "we're so fvcked for the next decade" sign on his chest.

How Lou responds will tell me if he's lost it or not. His balls are indeed seeming more and more like they are made of flesh and blood not the titanium I had supposed.

I'm here for the party

#152 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

It's not over for Jamie. Any sort of disillusionment is a two-way in this case - so I don't feel so badly either. Both sides seem to be very much on the same disappointed page. Madden was annoying because he was so defensive about it all - we're not happy with each other but it's all your fault.

Langs seems to feel at the heart of it that it's just how it is and neither side is going to do anything to change anything so -- it's pretty much done. OR... it can float along like this with each side keeping their passionless end of the bargain up.

My biggest worry is that Lou is bluffing to get teams interested and that his bluff yet again is being called - no takers and Jamie has to come back to the team with a HUGE "we're so fvcked for the next decade" sign on his chest.

How Lou responds will tell me if he's lost it or not. His balls are indeed seeming more and more like they are made of flesh and blood not the titanium I had supposed.

After all of this, if Langenbrunner has to come back and play for us after being asked to waive his no trade clause and being scratched (with Rolston also in the same lineup after being waived twice) Lou should just be given his pinkslip and maybe we can get someone in here who can start to turn this thing around.

#153 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

I'm betting Tom Wandell + 2nd or 3rd for Langs.

Most teams know we have to deal him, if we get more than a 2nd round pick I would be surprised.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#154 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:45 AM

LOL. Wow, when did the NHL change the format in the West that only two teams make it to the playoffs???

I know your pretty limited in terms of your knowledge of the game, but FYI: Dallas is the 5th best team in the entire NHL right now. Highly unlikely they don't make the playoffs

Hugely? Really? They are only 6 points ahead of the 9th place team and only 7 ahead of the 12th place tean. It is likely that Dallas makes the playoffs but I would not be surprised if they didn't.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#155 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

i'm aware of where they are in the standings. i'm also aware that they are not a very good team.

Most teams know we have to deal him, if we get more than a 2nd round pick I would be surprised.

i suggest reading up on 'supply and demand'.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#156 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

1030 press conference, bye bye captain lamo!

martyb.jpg

#157 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hopfully Joe owes Lou a favor and we steal Jamie Benn.

Pipe dream I know. It's likely gonna be for a pick I think.

No way!

But Mike Heika's reporting that he thinks it's a done deal - Langs for conditional draft picks. Here's the link

Nieuwy
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#158 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

After all of this, if Langenbrunner has to come back and play for us after being asked to waive his no trade clause and being scratched (with Rolston also in the same lineup after being waived twice) Lou should just be given his pinkslip and maybe we can get someone in here who can start to turn this thing around.

There's where I disagree. If we lose jamie and get sh!t in return THEN we have a problem. If we're getting deep dicked here I'd prefer we get fictional on the NHLs ass.

A third rounder for Jamie? Really? how bout you go fvck yourself? This team does not need the cooperation of the league. fvck the league!!

Then Lou has to say something. I'm not sure the best way to say it -- maybe even just an off handed joke? There is clearly collusion, you wanna say conspiracy? sure! Against the Devils. Payback for shoving Mickey mouse so far down the Gretzky contingencies throat they all nearly choked to death.

It's not the players - it's the game. and this team has gotten away from the game. getting rid of Jamie for a song is just playing into their hands too far. If it's taking this long then we have a problem and Lou knows it and if Jamie comes back - then Lou has NOT lost his nerve and the team and fans need to understand a message was sent to this team and response is necessary. After the kovalchuk nonsense it can't get any louder.

The league wants Lou out. i am not one to sit by and let that happen.

I'm here for the party

#159 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

Dallas it is.

http://blogs.northje...back_to_dallas/

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#160 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

gotta at least get a 2nd for sure. i would be terribly disappointed if he didn't get that.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users