• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 #32

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:00 AM

Interesting facts on the numbers game from ESPN...
http://sports.espn.g...hris&id=1706496

I'm on the fence about retiring Daneyko's 3. Sometimes I think he was the heart of the team other times I think heart isn't all it's about, he's not the caliber player you want hanging from the rafters.

Either way, I do think they made the right call by waiting. Fuhr and Neely's ceremony's were definitely more nostalgic after all these years than say Bourques.

Edited by #32, 13 January 2004 - 10:01 AM.

#2 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:23 PM

I agree about Dano's number. But the ceremony could have been better and definitely they could have given him a better gift, unless something else was given to him quietly. The players gave him a great TV. B)
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#3 M.

M.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:34 PM

A commissioned lithograph is the gift the Devils have given to commemorate milestones for the past four years at least.

The tv given by the players was really nice.
WORK SMARTER- NOT HARDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users