48 replies to this topic

#1 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

While this might not be the most popular idea after what has transpired over the past year, but there were still a ton of great moments that came from Jamie that are worth celebrating. It was only a short time ago that Jamie was one of the most respected players on this team by the fans, and it seems like no matter what we thought, he still was very respected by his teammates. Once again, we don't know what happened behind the scenes or in his personal life over the past year, so it is hard to judge. Maybe Jamie would have done it all differently if he had the chance. Anyway, let's get back to the good stuff and keep this thread positive. There were some good times...really good times.

My favourite moments:

2003 playoffs. 11 goals and really stepped up in the first 3 rounds when Elias and Gomez were nowhere to be found. Kept this team alive in game 7 against Ottawa with 2 goals.

2008-2009 season. It was a really fun regular season partly due to the ZZ Pop line. It was exciting every time these guys got on the ice. You thought something could happen. Then in the playoffs, missing just 3 games due to arthroscopic knee surgery and scoring in game 7.

Edited by devilsrule33, 07 January 2011 - 12:17 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Let's not forget in 2007 his OT goal at the Meadowlands, as well as his HUGE OT goal against the Penguins in that comeback game at the Rock.

#3 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Happy trails, Cap and thanks for the memories
Posted Image

#4 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

(go to 1:45)

Let's not forget in 2007 his OT goal at the Meadowlands, as well as his HUGE OT goal against the Penguins in that comeback game at the Rock.

Didn't forget. Just had trouble adding so many media files in one post.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#5 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

I remember that 2001-2002 season very well. I was thrilled when we got Jamie. For nearly 10 years, he has been a great player for the Devils.. and an all around nice guy.
....thanks for the memories Langs. You'll be missed. :clap2:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#6 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,175 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

So long Langs! You were a great Devil.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#7 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

Posted Image

#8 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,476 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

I was in favor of trading him because his time had passed and I didn't like him all that much as captain, but he was a true Devil for a long, long time. I'll always remember him coming back from knee surgery to score in Game 7 in 2009, and of course the 2003 playoffs.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#9 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

:clap: I love Jamie. I love his whiney ways too :evil:

I didn't want to move him at all. I did want him to snap out of it - but I understood always. Totally relate in lots of ways too.

I'm glad Lou did right by him in the end and hope it all turns out for the best. I just wish it hadn't been at such a big cost to the team. <_< I'd have said Fine fvck YOU THEN -- I'll tell your buddy you dicked him over Joey OK? <_< Byng this dyknotch.

Sorry Niewy25 - I gotta vent :evil:

I'm here for the party

#10 njdjlc

njdjlc

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

Besides all those great moments on the ice, I will really miss the "How well do you know Jamie Langenbrunner" contest. I won a lot of great stuff; sweatshirts, t-shirts, wallpapers for my phone and my favorite the ring tone which I used for my daughter, the big Devs fan. (People used to think her name was Jamie because I used to say coming Jamie when it rang.) No more will I hear, "This is Jamie Langenbrunner of the New Jersey Devils pick up your phone." Thanks for the memories Jamie

#11 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

well, at least he got to go where he wanted. I never bought into the whole "Captain Crankypants" BS. Unless we hear actual transcripts of things Jamie said about Jacques, or know if anything was going on personally, we don't know why he played the way he did. I'm sure the benching just before the playoffs would be enough to piss any player off. While I still think it would have been better to deal Rolston or Arnott, doesn't look like anyone wanted them, I just never like the idea of trading a captain. an alternate, maybe, but if you hold him in high enough regard to be the captain, it should at least show that you wouldn't trade him.

whatever, good luck, Jamie!

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#12 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

for a third rounder <_<

I'm here for the party

#13 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

Time sure seems to fly. I can't believe he was a Devil for 10 years.

I always liked Jamie and he really was one of my favorite Devils and I can honestly say that I'm bummed that we traded him, but I'm not the GM of this team so what can you do :saddevil:

Thanks for the memories Jamie and good luck :)

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#14 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

10 years, wow. Time really does fly.

2003 of course comes to mind, as does the ZZPops line.

Thanks for everything captain, hope the rest of your career inolves a certain silver trophy (so long as the devils aren't in contention still)

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#15 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

Jamie Langenbrunner was a devils a true one. But is time as gone... Beside that i will always remember beeing a the bell center when the devils came back of 3 -0 against the habs! i saw jamie score the big goal a the end! Thank you very much JAMIE LANGENBRUNNER ill always remember you as a true warrior and as a winner who score big goal a the right time. Hope you will help dallas to pass the first round :P

#16 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

I think as time goes by people will remember Jamie in a good way,this whole season is one I want to forget once it's all over.

That being said I wish Jamie all the best and I will never forget what he did for this team. :gd:

Edited by Maddog2009, 07 January 2011 - 01:40 PM.

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#17 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

for a third rounder <_<

ya -- dont know where it fell here - uncle lou doing him a favor or otherwise...

Thanks -- your grit was a staple in all those winning teams..
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#18 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

I was at the game where he scored in OT against the Sens on a breakaway...we lost that series 4-1 I think but it was an amazing feeling. :saddevil:

815631765.gif

#19 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

I realise something while watchin' these videos.... I so miss winning !

#20 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,645 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

for a third rounder <_<

We're getting a 2nd :argh:

The only question is will we have to trade third-round picks to do so and will the 2nd be this year or next?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users