24 replies to this topic

#21 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

A little thing, a spotlight shining your way, you wave and nod, the crowd cheers...its a good thing to show the players that they are appreciated...and its an even better thing that he isn't a stalwart of the Dallas franchise because that would be too obvious...I'm not asking for anything really, definitely not saying we have to stop every game and hold mini-ceremonies for every player we have but to show a player who did mean a little something to the team in the past and is now back, for whatever reason, that they aren't just another cog in the machine isn't a bad thing....

Then again, giving out free tickets, because the team is in the sh!tter, to the already barren, ever dwindling fan base is always a better option I guess....

the only point I'm trying to make, and this is even before I read Mitico's thread, is Lou's status quo of treating the players the way he has and moving the franchise in HIS direction isn't working...it won't work any longer and is slowly driving the fans and the rest of the organization down the wrong path...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#22 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

Dallas acquired a good player and one who was there before. Langenbrunner will help Dallas in the playoffs and will do very well. Dallas should be excited for him to be back............... Obviously ( see todays and thursday game) us getting rid of langenbrunner didnt help us and if anything made us worse.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#23 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

A little thing, a spotlight shining your way, you wave and nod, the crowd cheers...its a good thing to show the players that they are appreciated...

:blush: well when you put it THAT way. Heehee. Thing of it is -- the first time a Devil returns he's normally on the bench not sitting in the stands so - it makes no difference either way.

I'm here for the party

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

Perhaps its time for Vanderbeek to remind Lou who actually pays him.

Also, when did this type of moment occur during the season...have the Devils ever had a chance to do this?

I think VBK is the problem.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

A little thing, a spotlight shining your way, you wave and nod, the crowd cheers...its a good thing to show the players that they are appreciated...and its an even better thing that he isn't a stalwart of the Dallas franchise because that would be too obvious...I'm not asking for anything really, definitely not saying we have to stop every game and hold mini-ceremonies for every player we have but to show a player who did mean a little something to the team in the past and is now back, for whatever reason, that they aren't just another cog in the machine isn't a bad thing....

Then again, giving out free tickets, because the team is in the sh!tter, to the already barren, ever dwindling fan base is always a better option I guess....

the only point I'm trying to make, and this is even before I read Mitico's thread, is Lou's status quo of treating the players the way he has and moving the franchise in HIS direction isn't working...it won't work any longer and is slowly driving the fans and the rest of the organization down the wrong path...

what in the world are you talking about? are they supposed to put a spotlight on the cripple box and say "hey, it's x, y and z?" really?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users