47 replies to this topic

#41 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:45 AM

When the ways you suggest to fix the problem is to take a long term investment that we've worked hard to land (for better or for worse) and pitch him to the curb as failed after one season, then yes, people might respond with hostility. Understand that Ilya Kovalchuk, for better or for worse is part of the fabric of this team for the next decade minimum. That is not going to change at this point. If take that into account as a given, then you can figure for next steps. No matter your distaste for the player, you must understand that he is going to be here for the longhaul.

I understand it takes a while for people to comprehend things and also to escape denial, so I don't care about the hostility. I mean your post is filled with a lot of inaccuracies written in passionate haste.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#42 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

Inaccuracies regarding what? Kovalchuk isn't going anywhere anytime soon, if its less than a decade before he retires, fine, but it won't be much less. The team has made too much of an investment in acquiring him to get rid of him. That has to be taken as a given at this point before you can start on the road to rebuilding this team. He is going to be a fixture on it for a long long while. He can either be an asset or a liability. He has the tools to be a great asset, but if you take the mindset that he will be a liability then thats what he'll be.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#43 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

I understand it takes a while for people to comprehend things and also to escape denial, so I don't care about the hostility. I mean your post is filled with a lot of inaccuracies written in passionate haste.

Lol talk about inaccuracies, you have in your sig that the Devils winning tradition began in 1982 :blink:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#44 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Lol talk about inaccuracies, you have in your sig that the Devils winning tradition began in 1982 :blink:

:doh1:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#45 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

Inaccuracies regarding what? Kovalchuk isn't going anywhere anytime soon, if its less than a decade before he retires, fine, but it won't be much less. The team has made too much of an investment in acquiring him to get rid of him. That has to be taken as a given at this point before you can start on the road to rebuilding this team. He is going to be a fixture on it for a long long while. He can either be an asset or a liability. He has the tools to be a great asset, but if you take the mindset that he will be a liability then thats what he'll be.

When the ways you suggest to fix the problem is to take a long term investment that we've worked hard to land (for better or for worse) and pitch him to the curb as failed after one season,

Show me where I said we should get rid of him after 1 season.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#46 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Show me where I said we should get rid of him after 1 season.

Maybe that's the issue. You haven't really been proposing anything. You've just been complaining endlessly.

#47 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

Maybe that's the issue. You haven't really been proposing anything. You've just been complaining endlessly.

Thanks for confirming my original statement to Pepper!!!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#48 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for confirming my original statement to Pepper!!!

Ok, what have you proposed at this point? Perhaps we assumed your criticism was a backhanded proposal, but if not, what is your actual proposal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users