21 replies to this topic

#21 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 03:14 PM

The problem isn't just the Leafs fans, it's all of Canada. Ever read the Canadian press???? You probably don't want to! They absolutely hate "trap" hockey and complain about boring hockey all the time. I've watched some of the Leafs games that I thought were entertaining, close games (including the one last week against the Devils, which I thought was a very good game), and then the articles the next day are about how boring the game was. It's not just the Devils, although they seem to be everybody's favorite whipping boy.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#22 LIDevsFan1

LIDevsFan1

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 03:15 PM

Ok, How many of us really believe that any Leafs fan would rather them play exciting hockey than win a cup?

*listens to the crickets*

Thats what I figured.

:evil:

Exactly. F the Leafs and their fans. I know what they feel like---I'm also a Red Sox fan and most of us blame the Yankees for the world's problems but not me. They just choke, can't handle the pressure and get beat by better teams. The sooner Leaf fans realize this the better off they'll be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users