Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Nice win. Back to loosing 7 games.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#82 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

I don't know what's more weird. 6 goals or Tallinder a +4.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#83 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

watching the devils win is such a great feeling. good game boys. i knew i shoulda bought tickets for tonight =/
LET'S GO DEVILS

#84 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

AND the Eaglets are out!! good day! Good day!

:dance: :cheers: :koolaid:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#85 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

Nice win boys! Great effort.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#86 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

D yeah... nice game Devils!!!

congrats to the rookie with the 1st ever goal, Elias was fantastic, Kovy looked energized...

love the 4th line, would not mind seeing Mair retained for another year... good god did Clarkson score a few Goals???
insane!!!

Tallinder a +4??? really???

:D

hope the scouts were watching...

:D
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#87 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

Great win. Almost everybody had at least a good game. The one player that really stood out to me was Patrik Elias- hustling all night, setting guys up, solid defensively, and a great move to make sure he could get the empty netter. He's looking like the leader on this team for sure.

I got my hopes up that Tedenby was going to play when I saw him on the ice for warmups, but lastonealive then burst my bubble when he told me that Ted's been dressed for warmups the past few games. Ah well. Let's enjoy this one :D

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#88 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, that was a pleasure to watch :) Where has that team been? I hope they stick around a while

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#89 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

Oh Ive got faith, Im just being realistic. We have 10 wins in 41 games....we wont get 9 wins in 10 games.

8 more wins to go.
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#90 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

Now game's like this I could watch with both eye's open.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#91 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

Palmieri with his first goal! Congratulations!

This!!

Clarkie with almost a hattrick!!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#92 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

wait, he's dressing him for warmups and then not playing him? :lol: c'mon Lou, get both of them out of here then. we've crossed the line into developemental territory here. the mindfvcking is totally unecessary.

as for the actual game, after whenever Clarkson tied the game, they actually played really solid hockey everywhere for the first time in I don't know when... probably were thrilled to tie a game in the 3rd, which I don't think has happened all year. :lol: maybe Edmonton? or was that in the 2nd?

#93 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Was at the game. Marty played fairly well, made a couple nice saves, but still let in that soft one by Malone that gave TB the lead in the 1st. Nice to see the Devs come back in this one.

Clarkson played probably his best game of the year, so I'm not gonna rag on the guy for a short while. If he wants to stay here, he needs to play like this consistently. Rolston showed signs of life. Kovalchuk showed a lot to me by giving Palmieri the shot at his first NHL goal when he clearly could have just taken it himself. It was a very nice thing of him to do. Poor Zharkov hustled his rear-end off just a few mins before that to try and get his on an EN goal.

I'm gonna take this win. The Lightning didn't look all that great, looked very tired from their recent schedule and Stamkos didn't play well. Have to say I kept my eye on Hedman, but he didn't really stick out too much, as Ohlund was their best defenseman on the ice. I have a feeling they will play much better with several days of rest on Friday.

Jacques needs to cut the nonsense with his line changes and with his benching of Tedenby and put him in the lineup. The forwards groups needs his speed. And he needs to play Arnott with some of the better forwards. Pairing him and Palmieri and Mair, or with Mair and Pelley makes no sense.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#94 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

they heard chico and doc talking about the NHL record of most games played of not scoring more than 3 goals.. hahahaha. They sure did make sure they didn't set that new record. Good win though. =)
Put food on my family

#95 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

Was at the game. Marty played fairly well, made a couple nice saves, but still let in that soft one by Malone that gave TB the lead in the 1st. Nice to see the Devs come back in this one.

Clarkson played probably his best game of the year, so I'm not gonna rag on the guy for a short while. If he wants to stay here, he needs to play like this consistently. Rolston showed signs of life. Kovalchuk showed a lot to me by giving Palmieri the shot at his first NHL goal when he clearly could have just taken it himself. It was a very nice thing of him to do. Poor Zharkov hustled his rear-end off just a few mins before that to try and get his on an EN goal.

I'm gonna take this win. The Lightning didn't look all that great, looked very tired from their recent schedule and Stamkos didn't play well. Have to say I kept my eye on Hedman, but he didn't really stick out too much, as Ohlund was their best defenseman on the ice. I have a feeling they will play much better with several days of rest on Friday.

Jacques needs to cut the nonsense with his line changes and with his benching of Tedenby and put him in the lineup. The forwards groups needs his speed. And he needs to play Arnott with some of the better forwards. Pairing him and Palmieri and Mair, or with Mair and Pelley makes no sense.

we played a tough game about 26 hours before. after that, I figured they'd get whaled on. so it wasn't just Tampa that was in that mess.

#96 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Soak in the win boys.. Each one needs to be cherished this season, no taking them for granted like I did the last 2 seasons

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#97 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

it's good playing the lightning back to back this time of the year, dan ellis can't concentrate around tax return time.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#98 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:04 PM

How awesome is it to see all those NJ's?!!! :koolaid: :koolaid:

Scoring Summary
1st PeriodTAMNJD2:36Posted ImageTeddy Purcell (7)
Assists: Mattias Ritola, Steve Downie105:55Posted ImageDavid Clarkson (6)
Assists: Tim Sestito, Rod Pelley1116:01Posted ImageRyan Malone (11) (Power Play)
Assists: Vincent Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis212nd PeriodTAMNJDNo scoring this period213rd PeriodTAMNJD4:14Posted ImageDavid Clarkson (7) (Power Play)
Assists: Ilya Kovalchuk, Patrik Elias227:52Posted ImageJason Arnott (10)
Assists: Henrik Tallinder, Vladimir Zharkov2314:06Posted ImageDainius Zubrus (6)
Assists: Brian Rolston, Patrik Elias2418:45Posted ImagePatrik Elias (9) (Empty net)
Assists: Brian Rolston2519:08Posted ImageDominic Moore (7)
Assists: Adam Hall, Mattias Ohlund3519:46Posted ImageNick Palmieri (1) (Empty net)
Assists: Ilya Kovalchuk, Martin Brodeur36

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#99 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

it's good playing the lightning back to back this time of the year, dan ellis can't concentrate around tax return time.

#danellisproblems
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#100 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

I really enjoyed seeing Clarkson getting 2 goals! I have more than a few jerseys and I have only Marty Patty and Clarkson. Most of the Jersey's I have are blanks or customized without player names.

I was hoping Clarkson got the hat trick so did he. I thought 2-3 times you was going to get it! Next game Clarkson get that hat trick!! :hail: :burn:

Was fun to see Marty take a shot on goal, I was screaming "MARTY SHOOT IT" just before he let it fly, if it was a harder shot we might have heard "GOAL SCORED BY MARTY...." The rock would have gone absolutely insane at that point! :yay:

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users