91 replies to this topic

#81 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Nice nice nice! Here we go Devils, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#82 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

Yeah strong game except when he got beaten like a drum on the St. Louis goal :lol:

But hey a +2 tonight, getting that plus-minus closer to -20 :P

Trade Value. All about the trade value.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#83 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

Devils 30 W streak continue we are at

2/30

only 28

#84 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

dare i say this team is FINALLY playing with some offensive confidence, let alone confidence as a whole... a few weeks ago they would never have survived that goal by St. Louis, they would have gotten their stomachs in knots, said "well, here we go again" curled up into balls and waited for the raping to be over.

the first page of this thread has the video clip i had in my head for the 2nd half of the 3rd period. if we win one tomorrow, that's called a winning streak, it has happened before.

we might not be playoff bound, but i could see us somehow finishing .500

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#85 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

Even if it was just about lighting up a cold goalie or a team that wasn't ready for us, getting two wins in a row feels really good. Even if it's circumstantial, some breaks are finally going back our way and we're getting some groove back. Hopefully this translates into confidence for all!

#86 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:32 AM

Brody played a VERY good game, I reserve great since he didn't stop St Louis and I didn't see the Stamkos PP goal on him.

But he did make some AMAZING saves. I was watching online and the Homers doing the broadcast were calling for the the one he stopped ON THE LINE to be called a goal because of the one favorable angle from the middle off the ice looked like the puck was in. What concentration and awareness to keep that one out!! And he def held off a pretty good puch during the end of the 2nd and points in the third esp after the St Louis goal and the Lightning had some fire under them.

:clap2: for Marty!!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#87 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

dare i say this team is FINALLY playing with some offensive confidence, let alone confidence as a whole... a few weeks ago they would never have survived that goal by St. Louis, they would have gotten their stomachs in knots, said "well, here we go again" curled up into balls and waited for the raping to be over.

the first page of this thread has the video clip i had in my head for the 2nd half of the 3rd period. if we win one tomorrow, that's called a winning streak, it has happened before.

we might not be playoff bound, but i could see us somehow finishing .500

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. The Devils would have to win at a ridiculous clip to finish at .500. I can't even see them playing near .500 hockey the rest of the way.

These two wins feel great, but I think it's pretty much slow and steady for the rest of the year. They're gonna finish with between 50 and 60 losses somewhere.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

#88 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. The Devils would have to win at a ridiculous clip to finish at .500. I can't even see them playing near .500 hockey the rest of the way.

These two wins feel great, but I think it's pretty much slow and steady for the rest of the year. They're gonna finish with between 50 and 60 losses somewhere.

i don't really have any idea why you'd think this. this is a below .500 team, but not by very much. they're not going to lose 60 games. i can't tell if you're counting OT losses.

Edited by Triumph, 15 January 2011 - 11:03 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#89 Par9

Par9

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

11 goals in 2 games!!
Official Keeper of Adam Henrique, White on the PP, and Darcy Zajac

#90 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

i don't really have any idea why you'd think this. this is a below .500 team, but not by very much. they're not going to lose 60 games. i can't tell if you're counting OT losses.

I think 60 games is high, I was just shooting it out off the top of my head there without an in-depth look. But this team likely will not win more than 30 games. I could easily see a 27-50-5 record or around there.

#91 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

I think 60 games is high, I was just shooting it out off the top of my head there without an in-depth look. But this team likely will not win more than 30 games. I could easily see a 27-50-5 record or around there.

for them to lose 60 games in regulation, they would lose 31 of their remaining 39 games. that's not happening. i could see them going something like 16-18-5 over the rest of the season.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#92 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

At least Kovy is slowly starting to produce a little offensively...7 G and 7 A for 14 pts in his last 16 GP...definitely better. Maybe it's the beginning of a turnaround for him...we can only hope.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users