#1 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

http://www.nypost.co...sAiJnjikwTPVtHN

"It's been a long time," said Ilya Kovalchuk, who scored twice as the Devils won their first road game since Nov. 3, beating the Lightning 5-2 last night.

Defenseman Bryce Salvador said his concussion is not career-threatening, but he acknowledged he may miss this entire season, as reported by The Post last week.

"I don't really know. There is that possibility, quite honestly," Salvador told The Post of perhaps being done for this year. "My main focus is doing the right thing. I wish it was just as simple as saying it's just a concussion. But it's no secret that I got hit in the face a few years ago, and with the ringing in my ear, we're trying to resolve everything."

Salvador, 34, missed five games two seasons ago with his ear problem, still called an infection by the Devils. On Sept. 28, he slid awkwardly into the boards in the Devils' fourth exhibition game, against the Flyers, and though he returned to action briefly that night, it was the last time he dressed for New Jersey. He was soon said to be suffering the effects of a concussion.

"By no means is this a career-ending injury," Salvador said. "At this point, I'm not 100 percent, and that's really the key thing. Everything's coming along. I've definitely seen improvement, so it's encouraging."
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#2 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

Bryce, you're still alive?

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#3 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

Defenseman Bryce Salvador said his concussion is not career-threatening, but he acknowledged he may miss this entire season, as reported by The Post last week.

"I don't really know. There is that possibility, quite honestly," Salvador told The Post of perhaps being done for this year. "My main focus is doing the right thing. I wish it was just as simple as saying it's just a concussion. But it's no secret that I got hit in the face a few years ago, and with the ringing in my ear, we're trying to resolve everything."

"By no means is this a career-ending injury," Salvador said. "At this point, I'm not 100 percent, and that's really the key thing. Everything's coming along. I've definitely seen improvement, so it's encouraging."

That is the first quote that I have seen him say since his concussion. That is such great news. I cant wait for him to be back. Now, like he said, he doesnt think this injury is "career-threatening" but it could be game threatening. His game could, and I cant imagine it not, taking a downfall a bit. He still carries alot for the defense of this team. Im happy to see he is doing alright.

Oh yeah and that Kovalchuk dude....yeah hes alright too.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#4 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

I remember Keith Primeau saying the same things a year before retiring from post-concussion.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#5 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

i cant wait untill we unload 3 goals today.
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#6 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

Sal was let out of exile a few weeks ago and has been in the cripple box. who knows what's what with that. I'm sure he had some kind of issue, but the severity, who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users